Unt vs Bama spread

Dr. Seuss

The spread has now increased to a +47, from opening up at +45.5. Do yall honestly think Bama will beat us by 47? I know they can but do you think Saban will do it?

They beat us by 46 two years ago when we were worse than we are now and Bama was on there way to the National Title. I think he will call the dogs off in the 1st or 2nd qtr like last time and it will end up in the low 50s for them and we'll end up with probably 7 or so. I'd take us plus the 47 if it were my money but the rules state you should never bet on your own team.

So I am in the Fremont Experience watching this great 80's band called the Whip Its on stage - zip liners flying above, creatures and characters taking photographs etc etc etc. This guys comes up to me after noticing my Mean Green shirt and says, "Dude are you all going to cover tomorrow? They are giving you 47 points. I was reluctant to go with my heart because I too have heard about betting and your own team...He was like, "You really think Alabama is going to beat you all by 47 points? I hated that I couldn't feel confident at 46 or even 43. He left dejected because he wants those 47 bad. After he left I thought - no way we get beat by 47. As I told him, it will be a mercy victory for the Tide. They will win by 40.

Going to the Hawaii game at UNLV tomorrow - they will again have 15 - 20 thousand draped in green tea leaves and war paint going strong. Oh how I would love to go to Sam Boyd to watch the Mean Green play a conference game.

Go Mean Green!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Come on, Percy. This should be an easy call for a veteran gambler like yourself. No way Bama beats us by 47

I dont think they know about me and vegas... You can hedge this by going with Unt +47, then another bet by parlaying Bama -47, and over 55.5. Only way you can lose if bama beats us by 47 and under 55.5. And the other bet is UNT scoring 4.5

Edited by Dr. Seuss

The thing about those really big lines like that is that all UNT has to do is score 1 TD and it makes for a really hard time for Bama to cover.

Also remember that no one is going to put in their 2nd, 3rd, 100th string and tell them not to score. A lot of blowouts come when the backups are playing their best and score on the other team's backups.

So I am in the Fremont Experience watching this great 80's band called the Whip Its on stage - zip liners flying above, creatures and characters taking photographs etc etc etc. This guys comes up to me after noticing my Mean Green shirt and says, "Dude are you all going to cover tomorrow? They are giving you 47 points. I was reluctant to go with my heart because I too have heard about betting and your own team...He was like, "You really think Alabama is going to beat you all by 47 points? I hated that I couldn't feel confident at 46 or even 43. He left dejected because he wants those 47 bad. After he left I thought - no way we get beat by 47. As I told him, it will be a mercy victory for the Tide. They will win by 40.

Going to the Hawaii game at UNLV tomorrow - they will again have 15 - 20 thousand draped in green tea leaves and war paint going strong. Oh how I would love to go to Sam Boyd to watch the Mean Green play a conference game.

Go Mean Green!!!!!

+1 for being in Vegas, Greatest city in the world