Help: Another Tailgating Question

JRock

Ok..so I have this cool small school bus with an upper deck converted to a tailgating headquarters for the game Saturday. It can fit within two parking spaces longways. I really wasn't waiting to tailgate at Fouts and wondered if there are other options. I am not getting club seats until next year.

I have about 25-30 people in my tailgating group and we want to go all out. Is there any green area on the west or south side of the stadium that allows people to park who are not club members. The Hill sounds cool to set up canopies, but I don't want to lug all of my stuff across 35 before or after the game.

Believe me when I say this bus is one of the coolest things you will ever see at a tailgate. If Fouts is my only option then so be it, but I really wanted to be close to the stadium. Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

JRock

You might try the paid parking across the street from the stadium. It's in the grassy area just north of the softball fields. I would definitely call the AD office and ask about that. They have been refreshingly helpful and efficient in the last few years in my opinion. RV deserves mucho kudos in that department.

You might try the paid parking across the street from the stadium. It's in the grassy area just north of the softball fields. I would definitely call the AD office and ask about that. They have been refreshingly helpful and efficient in the last few years in my opinion. RV deserves mucho kudos in that department.

Thanks...I'm calling now.

JRock

Ok..so I have this cool small school bus with an upper deck converted to a tailgating headquarters for the game Saturday. It can fit within two parking spaces longways. I really wasn't waiting to tailgate at Fouts and wondered if there are other options. I am not getting club seats until next year.

I have about 25-30 people in my tailgating group and we want to go all out. Is there any green area on the west or south side of the stadium that allows people to park who are not club members. The Hill sounds cool to set up canopies, but I don't want to lug all of my stuff across 35 before or after the game.

Believe me when I say this bus is one of the coolest things you will ever see at a tailgate. If Fouts is my only option then so be it, but I really wanted to be close to the stadium. Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

JRock

Quick point of clarification where it sounds like there might be some confusion. You don't have to have club level seats to park by the stadium (i.e. Victory Hall lot). You do, however have to be a Mean Green Club member.

You haven't mentioned a spending limitation. If you are a season ticket holder, you could join the Mean Green Club at the $250 level and purchase a Mean Green Club RV parking permit. If you join at the $500 level, you have the option to purchase an additional parking space. You might be able to argue the case with them to let you purchase an additional parking space rather than an RV spot. I'm not sure which option would be cheaper.

Just some thoughts.

Quick point of clarification where it sounds like there might be some confusion. You don't have to have club level seats to park by the stadium (i.e. Victory Hall lot). You do, however have to be a Mean Green Club member.

You haven't mentioned a spending limitation. If you are a season ticket holder, you could join the Mean Green Club at the $250 level and purchase a Mean Green Club RV parking permit. If you join at the $500 level, you have the option to purchase an additional parking space. You might be able to argue the case with them to let you purchase an additional parking space rather than an RV spot. I'm not sure which option would be cheaper.

Just some thoughts.

Thanks....Yeah I considered that but I may not have access to this bus consistently. That's the only hangup. I have no problwm parking in the field west of the stadium if they would let me. But as is I think my only option is Fouts. I just hope it's not a ghost town over there with many wanting to be on "The Hill".

JRock

I thought the cash parking on the Stadium side was for students. They can purchase a $10 parking pass when they go pick up their tickets. I don't know if that field lot will be available for non-students.

I have confirmation that the cash student lot will be available to non-students only on game day and only if it is not full etc. This is directly from the ticket office. She gave me the impression that most will be at Fouts.

JRock