UH Motivational Video

NTXCoog

After the game, UH releases the motivational video they showed the players before each week's game. Here's the video they showed before the UCLA game.

Many of you won't be interested in this so please just ignore it. But for those who haven't seen UH much and want to see some of the players you'll be watching this weekend, it is a good introduction.

2011 UCLA Motivational

• Upvote 2

Nothing like watching highlights of your own great plays to get yourself motivated, but whatever works. I do like how right after it says "Play smart," it shows Case Keenum diving head first after a long scramble. "Play tough" or "Play fearless" maybe, but that probably wasn't the smartest play given his injury history.

Nothing like watching highlights of your own great plays to get yourself motivated, but whatever works. I do like how right after it says "Play smart," it shows Case Keenum diving head first after a long scramble. "Play tough" or "Play fearless" maybe, but that probably wasn't the smartest play given his injury history.

Keenum plays the game smarter than anyone I've ever seen; his efficiency is uncanny. He was 30-40 on Saturday, and 4 or 5 of those incompletions were from some of our more inexperienced WRs dropping balls that hit them directly between the numbers. I wouldn't be surprised if at times this year Keenum's completion percentage touched 80%.

With that said, one thing that you can't (or shouldn't) question about Keenum is how smart he plays the game.

Keenum plays the game smarter than anyone I've ever seen; his efficiency is uncanny. He was 30-40 on Saturday, and 4 or 5 of those incompletions were from some of our more inexperienced WRs dropping balls that hit them directly between the numbers. I wouldn't be surprised if at times this year Keenum's completion percentage touched 80%.

With that said, one thing that you can't (or shouldn't) question about Keenum is how smart he plays the game.

What does his accuracy have to do with how smart he plays the game?

What does his accuracy have to do with how smart he plays the game?

It's not just his accuracy, rather his efficiency and his ability to read defenses. Based on what you give him, he always knows exactly where he's going to go with the ball, and there's hardly ever a time when a play breaks down that I'm worried he's going to make a wrong decision. Even from opposing fans, we've heard time and time again how much of a treat it is to watch.

You'll see what I mean on Saturday.

Edited by Kronke

It's not just his accuracy, rather his efficiency and his ability to read defenses. Based on what you give him, he always knows exactly where he's going to go with the ball, and there's hardly ever a time when a play breaks down that I'm worried he's going to make a wrong decision. Even from opposing fans, we've heard time and time again how much of a treat it is to watch.

You'll see what I mean on Saturday.

I never said he wasn't a smart QB overall. I just see irony in a player with an injury history diving head first into a pair of OSU defenders at a point in the video that encourages the team to "play smart." Odd placement is all.

I think it's a pretty cool video and I hope that dude that returned the kickoff for a TD against SMU is off your team now.

That's Tyron Carrier. He has 6 career kickoff returns for TDs, 1 short of the record set by CJ Spiller. I have bad news for you, he's still on the team and had 10 catches for 138 yards and 1 TD against UCLA last week. Last week he also broke the UH career record for all-purpose yards with 5941 (315 yards rushing, 2673 receiving, 2803 kick return, and 150 punt return).

He'll probably break the current UH record for career receiving yards this year, but he may not have the school record though because Patrick Edwards has 2771 yards although he only had 1 reception for 16 yards last week being covered by UCLA's best back.

• Upvote 1

That's Tyron Carrier. He has 6 career kickoff returns for TDs, 1 short of the record set by CJ Spiller. I have bad news for you, he's still on the team and had 10 catches for 138 yards and 1 TD against UCLA last week. Last week he also broke the UH career record for all-purpose yards with 5941 (315 yards rushing, 2673 receiving, 2803 kick return, and 150 punt return).

He'll probably break the current UH record for career receiving yards this year, but he may not have the school record though because Patrick Edwards has 2771 yards although he only had 1 reception for 16 yards last week being covered by UCLA's best back.

I'm aware of carrier (watched the UCLA game), just didn't know that was him in the video against SMU. Looks extra speedy there.

• Upvote 1

I'm aware of carrier (watched the UCLA game), just didn't know that was him in the video against SMU. Looks extra speedy there.

He's also a track guy running the 60m, 100m, 200m, and 4x100m relay for UH. Last year at the CUSA championships he placed 5th in both the 100m and 200m. His relay team finished 2nd at the CUSA championships which qualified them for nationals where they finished 18th in the nation. So yes, he has some speed.

• Upvote 1