What if Michael Vick were white?

OK, what if Michael Vick were a female? Gee, think his life may have turned out different as well. What if Eminem was black? What if Larry Bird was black and Michael Jordan was white? Who the heck gives a care...they are who they are. Speculating on all this is very interesting, but interesting is all that it is. Reminds me of all the stories about "What if the South had Won the Civil War"? Well, that would be the "War of Northern Aggression", right? Or, what if Nazi Germany had won WWII?

Well, they didn't! Anything else is pure speculation, guess and conjuncture.

Yes, things would have been different...imagine that. Heck, if you had been born to the couple next door instead of your own parents, life would have been different...even if they were of the same race as your "real" parents.

Good intellectual exercise, and great stuff for college professors and philosophy majors to ponder, but geeeeeeezzzzzz...it's just an intellectual execise...oh, let's discuss...what if OJ Simpson were white? What if Adolf Hitler were Asian? Wow...deep stuff here.

I see absolutely no reason for the uproar over this article or the "white Michael Vick" art. Get over it people and get on down the road.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"so many people asked: Would a white football player have gotten nearly two years in prison for what Vick did to dogs?"

Umm, really? I really don't recall that much discussion over this.

I don't know about white football players, but white people have received stiffer sentences.

http://www.ohmidog.c...ears-in-prison/

"Would a regular Joe have gotten ONLY two years in prison for what Vick did to dogs?" seems to be the better question.

The hand-wringing over Michael Vick and giving him a second chance to make millions just because he can throw a football is an indictment of what professions we value in society. If this kid poured concrete or painted houses, nobody would give a crap that he actually had to go serve time for his abuse of animals.

Edited by UNTflyer
  • Upvote 2