So Today Was The Final Scrimmage Today?

FirefightnRick

This is the most encouraging thing about retaining Coach Canales, although part of the mental lift last year when he was interim HC was him being emotional. I haven't seen that from him since last season, he seems sorta quiet this year.

No opportunities for mic'ing him up, or videos of him coaching.

All we get are clips of Canales after a day out in the heat. I wouldn't read too much into it either way.

Give Vito a break, he's not allowed in. It's hard to report on something that you're not allowed to know about.

Yes, I would LOVE more information, videos, articles, and updates. However, if keeping this stuff secret helps us surprise a few teams early on and catch them off guard (which I think is what McCarney & staff want and I think will work), then I am all about it.

Just a few more days, gentlemen. You'll see the Mean Green in full force soon enough.

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

OK, player parents...are you out there???? I know some player parents read this board, and since the parents ARE allowed into the scrimmages, I would guess that some were present this morning. Not asking for "state secrets" here, just some little tidbits of info for those of us who are not allowed to witness the scrimmages and practices. Some folks are "high tone" enough to get in...others, well, we beg for any info possible.

:thumbsu::lol::angel::notfair:

OK, thanks people for the -1's. It's a private joke between me and someone and that :"someone" called me "high tone" in an earlier thread. It's not a jab at anyone...it's a JOKE. You guys have no sense of humor. Thanks. Boo to whoever did this!

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 8

I'm not sure that the complaint is about Vito's coverage at all. But Vito seems to make it clear that this blog post is not his scrimmage coverage.

UNT's final scrimmage of the fall is coming up here in a couple of hours [i.e., as he writes, it hasn't even happened yet]. It's closed, but I am supposed to be able to get some material afterward for the paper and the blog.

I'm not sure that the complaint is about Vito's coverage at all. But Vito seems to make it clear that this blog post is not his scrimmage coverage.

From Vito's article on Offensive game plan...

http://www.dentonrc....0.e0af8a89.html

"UNT averaged 33.8 points in the final five games of last year after Canales took over as interim head coach. UNT averaged just 16.9 points in the seven games before Todd Dodge was fired."

This is the most encouraging thing about retaining Coach Canales, although part of the mental lift last year when he was interim HC was him being emotional. I haven't seen that from him since last season, he seems sorta quiet this year.

And yes, the last scrimmage was today at 10am. A missed opportunity to promote MGC with admittance.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

No opportunities for mic'ing him up, or videos of him coaching.

All we get are clips of Canales after a day out in the heat. I wouldn't read too much into it either way.

I was mainly referring to spring scrimmages since I have not seen anything in the fall.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I was mainly referring to spring scrimmages since I have not seen anything in the fall.

Don't many schools have closed fall practices and scrimmages ? I'm sure that coach Mac has good reasons to close practices and scrimmages to the public.

Edited by MeanGreen61
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3