From UNT Today: Tailgating

JRock

Here is what I was sent today from NT. It still does not answer the question about dropping things off in the old Radisson parking area then moving car to Fouts.

Here's an overview on tailgating, parking and game day highlights. You can start tailgating as early as 8 a.m.:

Arrive early for a full day of festivities, including the Mean Green March, live entertainment and the Junior Mean Green Fun Zone. Bring your tents, grills, smokers, food and beverages and set up your tailgate party in 26 acres designed to accommodate fans at the new Apogee Stadium. Tailgating opportunities also are available at Fouts Field and other locations on campus.

Tailgating game day parking:

Parking lots around UNT’s Apogee Stadium are reserved for Mean Green Club members.

Fans can anticipate a short walk over the North Texas Boulevard bridge to the stadium grounds. Plans call for a pedestrian bridge crossing I-35E to be ready for the 2012 season.

Paid parking is available at Fouts Field and free parking is available northeast of North Texas Boulevard on the main campus.

For additional information on parking, traffic and pedestrian flow, visit meangreensports.com.

Game day highlights:

• 3 hours prior to kickoff: Enjoy live musical entertainment and the Junior Mean Green Fun Zone featuring rides and games for children of all ages adjacent to Apogee Stadium.

• 2 hours prior to kickoff: Watch the Mean Green March including the Green Brigade Marching Band, North Texas Dancers, North Texas Cheerleaders, Head Coach Dan McCarney and the Mean Green football team.

• 30 minutes prior to kickoff: Fans are encouraged to be in the stands to enjoy the Green Brigade pregame extravaganza and welcome the Mean Green to the field with the traditional public address call of “Heeeeeeeeeeere Comes the Mean Green ...!”

• Postgame: Mean Green fans are encouraged to remain in the stands as the Green Brigade Marching Band performs the traditional Green Brigade postgame concert.

This post has been promoted to an article

• Upvote 1

So if you're just a lowly student and not a member of the mean green club the only place to tailgate with your car is Fouts?

No... you can drop off your stuff? Carry it? Meet someone over there?

Students are a little more resourceful and creative than some of you give them credit for.

I have an idea. The AD needs to show the games on the fouts video board and all those people complaining about tailgating over at fouts and walk, can just go inside fouts and watch the game so they won't have to walk.

It's a good thing some of our fans arnt fans of most other schools. I've been to quite a few stadiums and very few have much parking near the stadium and I can't think of any that have close cash parking. That's pro or college