Apr Report Out

Brett Vito

If you want to find anything good from the Todd Dodge era at UNT, look at this. He may have failed miserably on the field, but at least the APR problems that started from the latter DD years seem to have been completely rectified. Coach Mac certainly won't have to deal with this issue the way Dodge had to. It might be a small silver lining to a dark cloud, but at least its something!!

Edited by untjim1995
  • Upvote 4

I've tried to be patient regarding ULM, but this is a big blow for them and frankly the SBC. Texas State is starting to look like a much more attractive option to this fan. I would be interested to hear Wright Waters thoughts on this.

I've tried to be patient regarding ULM, but this is a big blow for them and frankly the SBC. Texas State is starting to look like a much more attractive option to this fan. I would be interested to hear Wright Waters thoughts on this.

Or Louisiana Tech for the matter

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Good job, Mean Green. For most of us, Mean Green athlete's academics are just as important as Mean Green athletic wins-and-losses!

CORRECT! Well done UNT STUDENT-Athletes. Good trend...kepp it going!

GO MEAN GREEN!

Edited by KRAM1

Or Louisiana Tech for the matter

Amen! Tech is smelling like a rose on this one.

I would also be interested in RV and Dr. Rawlin's opinion on this. My guess is that they - like me - aren't happy about the fact that ULM deals with their financial issues with cheating. Frankly, I have stood by Monroe but the La. Tech fans are starting to make a helluva lot of sense to me in terms of their position on Monroe.

If you want to find anything good from the Todd Dodge era at UNT, look at this. He may have failed miserably on the field, but at least the APR problems that started from the latter DD years seem to have been completely rectified. Coach Mac certainly won't have to deal with this issue the way Dodge had to. It might be a small silver lining to a dark cloud, but at least its something!!

I don't know. Coach McCarney said at the Plano stop that there were 40 players with a GPA below 2.0 when he arrived. By the end of the semester, there were only seven. He let on that there were some problems during the Dodge Era that would never be aired because he'd make sure the academics were in line. Said they were digging out of a hole on and off the field, but that they'd do it.

Digging into the numbers, you'll see that we're still below the norm among Division I schools - both FBS and FCS. Also, our percentile wasn't high compared to all other schools' football programs, 20-30th - well below the midrange. When compared to all other sports, the percentile drops to 1-10th percentile. That's just a step above getting the job done, not knocking it out of the park.

I think McCarney's insight is closer to true. We were one player or so away from going 925 or below. This still needs work, and I'm glad we've got someone on board who is working on it.

Golf, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball, and Cross Country are doing really well, better than average with tennis and cross country in the 90-100th percentile and golf and softball in the 80-90th percentile.

Digging into the numbers, you'll see that we're still below the norm among Division I schools - both FBS and FCS. Also, our percentile wasn't high compared to all other schools' football programs, 20-30th - well below the midrange. When compared to all other sports, the percentile drops to 1-10th percentile. That's just a step above getting the job done, not knocking it out of the park.

I think McCarney's insight is closer to true. We were one player or so away from going 925 or below. This still needs work, and I'm glad we've got someone on board who is working on it.

Golf, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball, and Cross Country are doing really well, better than average with tennis and cross country in the 90-100th percentile and golf and softball in the 80-90th percentile.

Man, that is both sad and scary that we are still this close to being punished for APR.