Thoughts From Mccarney

MCMLXXX

What DMac truthfully says about the DLine is why a quick-turn-around is probably not going to happen in 2011. This makes the lack of defensive line recruitment under Dodge even more glaring--its hurts the entire defense, and, ultimately, your entire team. McCarney has a knack for developing linemen, so I think it will happen down the road, but probably not this year. All I want to see out of 2011 is a new mindset being laid out for these guys and for the seeds to be planted for future success. I truly believe McCarney will win here down the road and that he will win big. He is without a doubt, the best hire this school has made since Fry, but its gonna take time to rebuild from the devastation of the last two regimes.

I don't doubt that McCarney is being sincere with his comments, but I wouldn't read a lot into them. Sure NT is hurting at some positions but the Belt seldom is going to get confused with the SEC. I think coaching can make a big difference as was evidenced by the end of last year. In fact, I think NT is going to be by Belt standard great at running back and average in the rest of the positions with the exception of QB and defensive tackles. QB is a mystery as it has been most of the time since Hall graduated, but at least there are numbers. Defensive tackles looks weak but no worst than it has been since DD's last championship team with the exception of last year. At least I don't see NT using their best DE in the interior a la Gilmore.

I don't think any new coach is going to come in touting the great team he inherited. I am sure the talent from McCarney's view who has been at the very top of the mountain at Florida looks almost non-existent. However, If it take more than a couple of years to build this program to the upper level of the Belt;; I for one will be disappointed. I really don't think a break even season next year is expecting too much.

I don't doubt that McCarney is being sincere with his comments, but I wouldn't read a lot into them. Sure NT is hurting at some positions but the Belt seldom is going to get confused with the SEC. I think coaching can make a big difference as was evidenced by the end of last year. In fact, I think NT is going to be by Belt standard great at running back and average in the rest of the positions with the exception of QB and defensive tackles. QB is a mystery as it has been most of the time since Hall graduated, but at least there are numbers. Defensive tackles looks weak but no worst than it has been since DD's last championship team with the exception of last year. At least I don't see NT using their best DE in the interior a la Gilmore.[/b]

I don't think any new coach is going to come in touting the great team he inherited. I am sure the talent from McCarney's view who has been at the very top of the mountain at Florida looks almost non-existent. However, If it take more than a couple of years to build this program to the upper level of the Belt;; I for one will be disappointed. I really don't think a break even season next year is expecting too much.

We did retain the same d-line coach you know...