Nt Alumni Logo

NT91

Just a question...you need them why? You might want to check with the alumni association about their use on anything. I am pretty sure they have a copyright on the logo (or something like that). BTW...it is a great logo and I'd like to see it on many more items, so go for it...just be sure you are not infringing on any copyrights or anything like that. This intellectual property thing can get a bit tricky at times and people do something quite innocently and then they find out they have stepped over some line...I get it...I've done that been there with the logo thing.

Good luck.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

I had a dream where I happily stated..."I'm a member of the alumni association and I'm giving you permission to use it in any way you or the university would like Mr. Villareal and Mr. Rawlins".

Rick

I had a dream where folks actually knew what they were talking about when it comes to intellectual property and branding issues to inclue the use of one's copyrighted logo.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Can I ask why so many of you think this is a great logo? I've never like it.

You're probably the only one, or possibly two, who doesn't. FFR and I have had a professional in the field of school logos tell us that the NT-star image is the best one that UNT has ever come up with. He also couldn't believe that the UNT administration nor the Alumni association wasn't mass producing the image.

Instead we rip-off American Airlines and the US postal service.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

I had a dream where folks actually knew what they were talking about when it comes to intellectual property and branding issues to inclue the use of one's copyrighted logo.

My dream also included an alumni association that was so well attended(because it operated on the premise that it existed for the alumni and what they want, not what a few individuals who run a booth want) that it actually had some say in how certain aspects of the university and it's athletics operated like most alumni associations of major universities do.

Rick

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

You're probably the only one, or possibly two, who doesn't. FFR and I have had a professional in the field of school logos tell us that the NT-star image is the best one that UNT has ever come up with. He also couldn't believe that the UNT administration nor the Alumni association wasn't mass producing the image.

I doubt I'm the only one who likes our current logo better than the NTw/star. I wouldn't wear anything with that logo, period.

The university hit a home run with our current font/logo and those who keep clamoring for the alumni assoc. logo to represent the university are just wasting breath (or type).

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

You say we ripped off AA or the Postal service... I say we replaced a Y with a T and ripped off the Yankees.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I doubt I'm the only one who likes our current logo better than the NTw/star. I wouldn't wear anything with that logo, period.

The university hit a home run with our current font/logo and those who keep clamoring for the alumni assoc. logo to represent the university are just wasting breath (or type).

When the club baseball team had their hats made with it they told me they were constantly being asked where they got it. Another one of our alumnus had several of them made up 4 years ago and gave them out, and told me when he pulled them out of his car to hand them out he felt like he could have sold a hundred of them because everyone in the parking lot who saw them were wanting one. It's by far the best looking collegiate logo, but has been the most protected by a very small group on campus. It should compliment the SOW, but it never will. Which is why you couldn't be more correct about the Wasting Breath part.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

My dream also included an alumni association that was so well attended(because it operated on the premise that it existed for the alumni and what they want, not what a few individuals who run a booth want) that it actually had some say in how certain aspects of the university and it's athletics operated like most alumni associations of major universities do.

Rick

This is so out of line that it doesn't even deserve a further comment. You have absolutely ZERO clue about what the situation really is...sad. PM me if you want to discuss...this board is not the place. Happy to meet you over a beer or coke to discuss further.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

This is so out of line that it doesn't even deserve a further comment. You have absolutely ZERO clue about what the situation really is...sad. PM me if you want to discuss...this board is not the place. Happy to meet you over a beer or coke to discuss further.

What's wrong with an open discussion about what Rick is implying? What's wrong with an open discussion about what the alumni association is or isn't doing that has been off-putting to many people?

We openly discuss the warts of our University in regards to it's athletic programs (mainly football) why is the UNT exes exempt?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

You say we ripped off AA or the Postal service... I say we replaced a Y with a T and ripped off the Yankees.

You could have done better than that.

UNTAA.giftexas_aandm_star_logo.gif?w=250&h=275

The logo on the right is one of the Texas A&M logos, if you didn't know.

For the record, I like the UNT Alumni Association logo and the SOW, though I still thing the SOW is a little more original...not that it really matters.

• Upvote 2

What's wrong with an open discussion about what Rick is implying? What's wrong with an open discussion about what the alumni association is or isn't doing that has been off-putting to many people?

We openly discuss the warts of our University in regards to it's athletic programs (mainly football) why is the UNT exes exempt?

Silver...never any problem with an open discussion, but FFR's comments hardly indicate an open discussion. Throwing around personal slights and mean spirited comments to advance a personal agenda is not open discussion. The Alumni Association (it hasn't been the Exes for a few years now) is not exempt from open discussion. Never has been. Open discussions imply being responsive to actually listening to what one has to say...not posting slurs and smears on a message board.

If anyone would like an open discussion regarding the Alumni Association, as a member of its Board of Directors I am all for that. Just leave your personal attacks and petty bitches at the door. That sort of thing never helps and is more a reflection on the party doing that sort of thing than on the person or organization being attacked.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

Silver...never any problem with an open discussion, but FFR's comments hardly indicate an open discussion. Throwing around personal slights and mean spirited comments to advance a personal agenda is not open discussion. The Alumni Association (it hasn't been the Exes for a few years now) is not exempt from open discussion. Never has been. Open discussions imply being responsive to actually listening to what one has to say...not posting slurs and smears on a message board.

If anyone would like an open discussion regarding the Alumni Association, as a member of its Board of Directors I am all for that. Just leave your personal attacks and petty bitches at the door. That sort of thing never helps and is more a reflection on the party doing that sort of thing than on the person or organization being attacked.

Personal slights? I didn't see anyone named in his comments. Is this how you conduct discussion/debate? Because saying that Rick made personal slights is inaccurate, and from my view, is intended to derail/distract from a real discussion.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Rick

I don't know how many "other major universities" Rick has attended or how many other Alumni Associations he happens to be a member of so I cannot comment on that part of his remark...but he sure seems to indicate that he knows a lot about those operations.... the slur part is in bold. You can see it anyway you want...I'm fine with however you want to define it for yourself. For me, I know what the message was and who it was aimed at! It was aimed at a great bunch of volunteers who actually are trying to do something other than complain and have given of their time to volunteer and work to help improve the image and reach of the alumni association...not to mention to raise funds for UNT student scholarships.

• Upvote 1

Personal slights? I didn't see anyone named in his comments. Is this how you conduct discussion/debate? Because saying that Rick made personal slights is inaccurate, and from my view, is intended to derail/distract from a real discussion.

Look closer.

What do you like about UNT? Our Talons can't manage to take care of a cannon or bell. Our shade of green looks like vomit. Our branding/logos are nowhere near up to snuff. We're not using the AC deck the way we should. The pricing of club level seats in the new stadium blows. We don't demand enough of our basketball program. Our Alumni Association listens not to our most important fan's opinions. I'm sure I'm leaving more out, but how could anyone care for a university that can't get a single thing right?

PRICELESS!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What do you like about UNT? Our Talons can't manage to take care of a cannon or bell. Our shade of green looks like vomit. Our branding/logos are nowhere near up to snuff. We're not using the AC deck the way we should. The pricing of club level seats in the new stadium blows. We don't demand enough of our basketball program. Our Alumni Association listens not to our most important fan's opinions. I'm sure I'm leaving more out, but how could anyone care for a university that can't get a single thing right?

You left off Kenny Lyons' jersey number. A university of this size still has yet to retire the jersey number of it's all time leading scorer in basketball after what, 30 years, is unbelievable to me.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6