Denver (1/29/11)

CMJ

A 14 hour travel day because of various delays, this air, Princeton style offense....players just looked dead the last 20 minutes or so. Josh couldn't even get lift on Free throws.

DU 80

NT 67

Final

Well if we'd win the games we should have (Troy, Middle, ULL on the road)....you can afford to lose one because of the aformentioned excuses. But since we didn't....all the excuses for today....mean nothing.

• Upvote 1

Well if we'd win the games we should have (Troy, Middle, ULL on the road)....you can afford to lose one because of the aformentioned excuses. But since we didn't....all the excuses for today....mean nothing.

Weren't excuses for the loss. Just trying to rationalize why we looked so dead like we were. Even Hank said he'd never seen Josh so tired.

The game was lost in the first half when we shot over 70% and were still down 5.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not good for the league.....when your tournament is in Hot Springs, Arkansas....and the two best teams are over 1,000 miles away. No matter their records.....FAU and Denver won't bring 50 fans (between them) to Hot Springs. Could be a really down year for SBC tourney attendance.

I'm getting so sick and tired of seeing us losing these games on the road that we should be winning. This team is better then the way that they're playing. It makes me sick that we can't win a freaking conference game on the road. If we don't fix this now, then we're screwed come conference tourney time. There should be no excuses for this team. None at all. Too much senior leadership and of course, talent, for this season to be thrown away. GET IT TOGETHER NORTH TEXAS

• Upvote 1

We're paying the price for not filling all our ships this past off season, which was a major concern by many going into it.

Rick

Can't argue with that, but on the other hand we might not be having the FAB FIVE (SIX) coming in next year to save the day. On the other, other hand, who the Hell knows. Let us just hope that this team can get its stuff together and win in Hot Springs. If we can, it may very well end up being another "KState like" butt whipping experience in the 1st round, but that's better than nothing. These Seniors are too good to let this season go down the tubes without a fight.

Iy's pretty simple. We just aren't as good as we thought we were coming into the season.

This team misses Eric Tramiel desperately.

I remember last year saying Tramiel was the MVP in my opinion. I was shot down because he didn't have the stats to back that up. However, i still contend that when we had him we simply won thus making him the mvp. Whereas, when he was hurt we didn't do well at all. That is what is concerning about this season. We are relatively healthy and we aren't winning. Last year most of our losses in conference came when Tramiel was out.

Tough one to take, but the "good news" is that it all comes down to the SBC tournament. Win out and the seed gets better, and I guess that's the goal now. Get the best seed we can, and win the tournament.

However, this team must find a way to play some defense. I do think they can, but I don't think that has been "top of mind" with this team from day one. All is certainly not lost, but the team does need to get a sense of urgency going for the stretch run to the tournament.

See you at the Super Pit Thursday...need to keep that home win streak going!

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I remember last year saying Tramiel was the MVP in my opinion. I was shot down because he didn't have the stats to back that up. However, i still contend that when we had him we simply won thus making him the mvp. Whereas, when he was hurt we didn't do well at all. That is what is concerning about this season. We are relatively healthy and we aren't winning. Last year most of our losses in conference came when Tramiel was out.

And don't forget....he was the SBC Tournament MVP. Eric is really missed.

My concerns are:

1. What good team have we beaten this year?

2. Poor losses to SHSU, MUTS, Troy and ULa-La.

3. Poor defensively

4. No true leader like Tramiel. Thompson being benched for lack of discipline in practice concerned me since he is a senior and should be one of the leaders.

I hope they can get their issues corrected, but I am having my doubts because none of the above issues are corrected easily, especially 20 games in to the season.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My concerns are:

1. What good team have we beaten this year?

In football, when North Texas goes on the road and beats a .500 team from a power conference, people still talk about it as the crowning achievement of the athletics program 36 years later.

In basketball, when North Texas goes on the road and beats a .500 team from a power conference (by more than anyone has in 20 years)... They aren't "good" and our team is a disappointment.

Beating Tech and LSU is a big deal, whether they make the NCAA tournament or not. These recent losses suck and they're very disappointing, but beating two power conference teams in one year is still a major achievement.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

In football, when North Texas goes on the road and beats a .500 team from a power conference, people still talk about it as the crowning achievement of the athletics program 36 years later.

In basketball, when North Texas goes on the road and beats a .500 team from a power conference (by more than anyone has in 20 years)... They aren't "good" and our team is a disappointment.

Beating Tech and LSU is a big deal, whether they make the NCAA tournament or not. These recent losses suck and they're very disappointing, but beating two power conference teams in one year is still a major achievement.

You better quit talkin bout my football team like that bro. Show some respect.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Y'all, a major problem is lack of depth and fatigue taking away from defense. We need minutes out of pretty much everyone on scholarship who's currently on the bench and all trusted with minutes. We don't have that right now and it's hurting us. It's a depth issue. We can't expect Josh, Tristan, and George to play 35 minutes a game with balls out defense and be able to hit shots too. It ain't gonna work, folks!