More Uniform Talk

untStein

Man, I hope UNT doesn't start placing those "high school" stickers on helmets like SMU does. They look so "high school" to me...and yes, I know Fl St, Ohio State, etc. do the same thing. They still look so "high school" to me no matter which team is doing it...no, not every variation of the SMU uniform is better than UNT's. I'm watching Army take care of business against SMU right now...GO ARMY! Just got their second turnover from SMU. Not even sure the uniform parts that SMU is wearing today even match each other!

Just because they are wearing black jerseys, you think they look better? Or are you just an smu fan?

I love the excuse for wearing them. We want to honor our opponents. Well, they certainly are honoring them...by spotting them 16 points and turning the ball over.

GO ARMY! CRUSH smut!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You know, something I've been wanting to point out. Everyone hated how much our last uniforms looked like SLC, yet if we incorporate black into the kelly green look, we will look EVEN MORE like SLC.

Get rid of the current white helmets and the whole SLC uniform stigma is pretty much gone. I'm thinking we'll see a more traditional uniform without all the extravagant "piping" the current one has. It's the final flushing of the Todd Dodge turd ridden era.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

This may have been addressed before but every variation of smu's uni's look better than ours. Will this change?

No. Besides, SMU's running some been-there-done-that, plain jane uniforms. If the whole idea of UNT is to not be like everyone else but better, why be the same as everyone else with uniforms?

Edited by meangreendork

Man, I hope UNT doesn't start placing those "high school" stickers on helmets like SMU does. They look so "high school" to me...and yes, I know Fl St, Ohio State, etc. do the same thing. They still look so "high school" to me no matter which team is doing it...no, not every variation of the SMU uniform is better than UNT's. I'm watching Army take care of business against SMU right now...GO ARMY! Just got their second turnover from SMU. Not even sure the uniform parts that SMU is wearing today even match each other!

You think helmet stickers would make our uniforms look more high schoolish than they already are?

Their uniform is hideous. KGreen goes better with black.

That black looked stupidly hideous.

Strictly speaking unforms I really like SMU's. Even their red/white/blue combo unis they used to wear or wear once in a while is pretty sharp looking too in my opinion.

I agree...I am not a fan of SMU, but that uniform is pretty sharp.

• Downvote 1