Canales And Ull

DeepGreen

What is your stance on Canales being a candidate there?

I have none at this point. I was told within the last hour that our Ass. AD would like to complete all interviews by Friday. So it shouldn't take long to find out how serious a candidate he is for the position. The official announcement on Bustle will be made at the noon press luncheon Monday.

ULL would be crazy if they didn't seriously consider Coach Canales. If they do and hire him I hope he looks out for some our out going assistant coaches!!! Questions about Canales recruiting abilities are silly. I'm sure with 25 yrs. of coaching experience he's never recruited a single player!!! If he does become ULL's coach you can be assured he'll come into our new 78 million dollar stadium to win, and win BIG!!! RV and the administration will have egg on their faces over that one if Canales puts one in the win column at the expense of his former employer!!!

Canales and his agent must be dead set on finding coach Canales a head coaching gig since coach Canales has said as much. What coach Canales did at UNT in 5 weeks is definitely a resume enhancement.

Good Luck coach Canales and UNT!!! One things for sure coach Canales won't be looking in the review mirror. I'm sure he's full steam ahead looking for HC position. I don't think he'll be our OC next year. This is a business so we'll see. Coach Canales was given the business or he made his mission taking UNT temporary HC position to hart so he could become a HC at another school. Hopefully God will reward coach Canales dedication and hard work to hart and elevate him to head coach. I can guarantee based on what he proved at UNT that the new school will be well pleased with their hire when it happens.

These comments about Canales are ridiculous.

KingDL1, with all due respect, people outside of Denton have taken notice of what he has done the last 5 games. How could they not? You act like Nort Texas performs within a bubble over Denton and that is ridiculous.

Can Canales recruit? I would ask you to look at the players he has coached in 25 years of being an assistant. Recruiting is how all coaches spend their off season and is the lifeblood of every team. You all actually think South Florida's success was a result of Levitt's recruiting solely?

These comments about Canales are ridiculous.

KingDL1, with all due respect, people outside of Denton have taken notice of what he has done the last 5 games. How could they not? You act like Nort Texas performs within a bubble over Denton and that is ridiculous.

Can Canales recruit? I would ask you to look at the players he has coached in 25 years of being an assistant. Recruiting is how all coaches spend their off season and is the lifeblood of every team. You all actually think South Florida's success was a result of Levitt's recruiting solely?

You must be kidding, no one cares in Dallas let alone the rest of the country I am sorry people on here like him and think he is going to rule the world. First for those that watch football outside of UNT would know that these kind of rebounds are more common then not when a coach is fired mid-season. Second from a real outside prospective what did Canales do? He beat WKY and the MUTs, maybe a big deal to us but not anyone else. I don't get what makes him more special if anything his gig at UNT hurt his chances for a HC position. I hope he gets a Head Coaching position, I just think it is highly unlikely. And this nervous energy that he might coach against us as a head coach next year is fairly silly.

Edited by KingDL1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 8

From Football Scoop....

"UL-Lafayette: A source close to situation has told us that ULL athletic director David Walker intends to speak with Mike Canales."

And, so they should. Coach Canales has earned, in my opinion, the right to give the HC position a try. I, for one, think he will be successful, and I wish him well should he get the opportunity to interview for this position and should he decide that it is in his best interests to accept if offered.

Put a defense with it and Todd Dodge probably wasn't fired.

I will agree with one exception, Dodge got to choose his Defensive Coaches, Canales played with what he had on hand. Also Dodge had 4 recruiting classes to shore up the defense but instead spent way to many scholarship on players from similar HS as SLC who for the most part bailed on UNT after 1-2 years.