Bcs Vs Ap

UNTflyer

We all knew it was coming. It is going to be interesting to see how blatant they make it. UO is on the verge of being the 3rd #1 in a row to go down. Next week, it will be Oregon and those God awful uniforms at the top spot. Then it would be Auburn, then LSU, and even Michigan St.

They will make up a way to place a one loss or even a two loss BcS team ahead of Boise or TCU.

• Downvote 1

As much as I want to see TCU and/or Boise in the NCG , if Oregon & Auburn both go undeafted they deserve to be #1 & #2

That's the way rankings go. I would lvove to see TCU and Boise in the championship game as well but both Auburn and Oregon will be ahead of them. This is just further proof that we need a playoff. But that is just opening a whole new can of worms.

There is no way on God's green earth the BCS is going to let TCU and Boise St. play each other in the championship game...

I'm not even joking when I say that I think they will elevate a 3 loss team over one or the other before they let them play each other...

It looks very much like they won't have to do something drastic like that, but I think they would come up with a reason to not play the game before they invited Boise St. and TCU to play for it...

Enough is enough...

Time for a playoff already...

There will be no split national title with Boise or TCU. Last year is proof of that.

Neither was in the top 2 of a poll. If Boise is in the top 2 of the AP, and their #1 loses in the BCS title game, I could see It happen. I'm not predicting it, but I could see it. Utah did finish a strong #2 about three years back -- the AP isn't as against the idea as "the system" is. Remember, the AP took their poll out of the BCS equation in 2004.

Neither was in the top 2 of a poll. If Boise is in the top 2 of the AP, and their #1 loses in the BCS title game, I could see It happen. I'm not predicting it, but I could see it. Utah did finish a strong #2 about three years back -- the AP isn't as against the idea as "the system" is. Remember, the AP took their poll out of the BCS equation in 2004.

Yes, but they still didn't accept another undefeated non-AQ(BCS) team as #1 as they did with the University of Spoiled Children. They aren't going to help TCU or Boise out anymore than the coach's poll.

They didn't accept them because Florida was already #1 in their poll.

USC was #1 already and didn't have to PASS anyone.

But I would argue that there is no chance of Boise or TCU being ranked #1 in their poll, regardless of the situation and how deserving it was. There will never be an opportunity for this to be an issue.

I think the winner of the SEC Championship game should be declared the national champion. Let's face it, Boise or TCU aren't a top 5 team in that conference let alone the nation. SEC teams play 6-8 teams that are better than any teams TCU or Boise play all season. If anything has happened recently, Non-BCS teams are rewarded for being in a weak conference where they can go undeafeated and be ranked higher than a team from the SEC that loses one game.

• Downvote 7

I think the winner of the SEC Championship game should be declared the national champion. Let's face it, Boise or TCU aren't a top 5 team in that conference let alone the nation. SEC teams play 6-8 teams that are better than any teams TCU or Boise play all season. If anything has happened recently, Non-BCS teams are rewarded for being in a weak conference where they can go undeafeated and be ranked higher than a team from the SEC that loses one game.

Boise State has shown in recent years that they can strap it up with anyone. Did (currently) non power league Utah not dismantle a top 5 Alabama team just acouple years back?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

But I would argue that there is no chance of Boise or TCU being ranked #1 in their poll, regardless of the situation and how deserving it was. There will never be an opportunity for this to be an issue.

Boise is currently #2 in the AP. If Oregon goes down, I would not be surprised at all if the Broncos move to the pole position. Many members of the press are onboard with them. Hell, one of the NY papers had some big article saying they'd declare BSU National Champs this year.

• Downvote 1

...this is what is wrong with college football. ...just sayin'.

• Upvote 1

It's what takes place on the field that matters. I thought the nearly-undefeated-Patriots were the better team, but they aren't world champions are they?

• Downvote 1

It's what takes place on the field that matters. I thought the nearly-undefeated-Patriots were the better team, but they aren't world champions are they?

They also played a balanced schedule that is comparable to all the other NFL teams. TCU should not be in the national championsip conversation for one reason....They scheduled Tennessee Tech.....I have no problem placing a one loss Alabama team in the national championship over undefeated TCU when TCU's big OOC game is against a team that may finish above .500 in the PAC10. Boise State at least schedules tough OOC games, but they rely on these teams that they schedule to have great seasons to make them look better. I really have no problem putting Boise in this season, they have done all they can schedule wise. But TCU does not deserve to play in a national championship game with an OOC schedule cosisting of Oregon State, Baylor, SMU, and Tennessee Tech. Auburn will play 4 teams that are ranked in the top 15 this year, TCU will play one team in Utah that benefits from similar circumstances as them. To date, the only decent team Utah has played was 4-3 Pittsburg, whom they beat in OT.

WTF - more than half the SEC plays scrubs in the OOC. Do you know the last time the University of Florida left its home state for a non-conference game?

Of course the SEC plays scrubs in the OOC, have you seen the conference schedule? TCU plays scrubs in the OOC and in conference. Auburn plays Miss. State, South Carolina, Kentucky, Arkansas, LSU, Ole Miss, Georgia, and Alabama. OOC they play Ark. State, Clemson, ULM, and Chattanooga. So what? I count 9 games that are going to be hard fought games that they have a chance to lose. TCU is going to play two games this season they have a chance to lose: Utah and Oregon State. The level of competition is not even close. TCU plays some of the worst teams in college football and they are getting rewarded for it. It is a joke for them to even sniff a national championship game as long as they schedule weak OOC opponents. If a team can make it through the SEC with one loss, that is a far greater accomplishment than going undeafeated beating New Mexico, Colorade State, BYU, Utah, San Diego State, Wyoming, Oregon State, Tennessee Tech, Baylor, SMU, Air Force and UNLV.

They also played a balanced schedule that is comparable to all the other NFL teams. TCU should not be in the national championsip conversation for one reason....They scheduled Tennessee Tech.....I have no problem placing a one loss Alabama team in the national championship over undefeated TCU when TCU's big OOC game is against a team that may finish above .500 in the PAC10. Boise State at least schedules tough OOC games, but they rely on these teams that they schedule to have great seasons to make them look better. I really have no problem putting Boise in this season, they have done all they can schedule wise. But TCU does not deserve to play in a national championship game with an OOC schedule cosisting of Oregon State, Baylor, SMU, and Tennessee Tech. Auburn will play 4 teams that are ranked in the top 15 this year, TCU will play one team in Utah that benefits from similar circumstances as them. To date, the only decent team Utah has played was 4-3 Pittsburg, whom they beat in OT.

So Alabama would after playing San Jose State and Duke and Georgia State ( a new team)? Auburn plays UT-Chattanooga, ULM, etc..,

Michigan St played N. Colorado, FAU which are weaker than TCU's schedule. Oregon played Portland State and UNM. So your straw man argument is gone against TCU and BSU.