Stayjum Construction

pollock

Is the back side of the "wings" to be exposed or will it be covered by some sort of veneer (brick, stucco, etc.) ?

The steel will be exposed. I know some folks feel this looks tacky, but why dump money into something that is designed to be torn down eventually?

I'm not sure why this would be torn down. Expansion shouldn't involve the endzone just the east seating.

I have heard that the plan would be the continue the upper bowl, which would require removing the upper portion of the existing bowl to have a completely U shaped stadium.

I'm not sure why this would be torn down. Expansion shouldn't involve the endzone just the east seating.

As I understand it, the "V" is temporary and will be intentionally made to look retro with Fenway Park like green steel supports. Expansion will include a more permanent endzone structure and decking over the east stands.

Ours will have to look better than Louisville's steel-supported expansion deck; anyone seen it?

Before: http://www.louisvillekymortgageloans.com/papa_johns_cardinal_stadium_louisville_ky_loans_mortgages_banks_lenders_home_rates_loans_mortgages_free_credit_report_score_repair_analysis_consultation.gif

During construction:

cardinal_stadium_16.jpg

pjcs_oct09_05.jpg

Finished new deck: 369690.jpg

Edited by NT80

As I understand it, the "V" is temporary and will be intentionally made to look retro with Fenway Park like green steel supports. Expansion will include a more permanent endzone structure and decking over the east stands.

Ours will have to look better than Louisville's steel-supported expansion deck; anyone seen it?

Before: http://www.louisvillekymortgageloans.com/papa_johns_cardinal_stadium_louisville_ky_loans_mortgages_banks_lenders_home_rates_loans_mortgages_free_credit_report_score_repair_analysis_consultation.gif

During construction:

cardinal_stadium_16.jpg

pjcs_oct09_05.jpg

Finished new deck: http://meceddia.scout.com/media/image/36/369690.jpg

Looks unbalanced

I don't think so. I think the east seating will just match the height of the west. If they were to tear down the V and build a "more permanent" structure this would require foundation and pier work tearing up the endzone concourse in the process. Also, the endzone seating slope is different than that of the west and east. So this would require the endzone seating to go farther back to reach the height of the east and west and stay on the same slope if they were to connect. But, if yall heard from credible sources then my thoughts are poop.

I don't think so. I think the east seating will just match the height of the west. If they were to tear down the V and build a "more permanent" structure this would require foundation and pier work tearing up the endzone concourse in the process. Also, the endzone seating slope is different than that of the west and east. So this would require the endzone seating to go farther back to reach the height of the east and west and stay on the same slope if they were to connect. But, if yall heard from credible sources then my thoughts are poop.

Since the slope is different, that means all of the endzone seating will be torn out and replaced with concrete rakers to complete the bowl...unless we want it to look odd. The slope of the endzone appears steeper than the sidelines, and rises higher than the east and west sides already.

I am pretty sure you are right that the east and west sides are the same height. It looks as though the student side is shorter, but that may be an optical illusion becuase the height of the upper portion is larger on the press box side, and the lower portion is higher on the student side. We will know for sure once we can count rows in the lower portion.