Rangers Game 5 Thread

with the rangers being the only team i've ever liked in my favorite sport...you can't imagine how f'n happy i am right now! this is what makes being a fan of a shitty team so great...the feeling you get when they do something great! this is a feeling that "fans" who are front runners, bandwagoners or quit on a team mid season will never feel, because they don't know what it's like to love a team unconditionally.

go rangers!

• Upvote 1

with the rangers being the only team i've ever liked in my favorite sport...you can't imagine how f'n happy i am right now! this is what makes being a fan of a shitty team so great...the feeling you get when they do something great! this is a feeling that "fans" who are front runners, bandwagoners or quit on a team mid season will never feel, because they don't know what it's like to love a team unconditionally.

go rangers!

Thats exactly what my facebook status is. Yankee, UT, Spurs, Lakers, Stars, Mavs, OU etc.. fans will NEVER know this feeling. I'm young and have been a fan since third grade (1998) and its been a long time coming for this day. I can only imagine how fans from the inception feel right now!

Thats exactly what my facebook status is. Yankee, UT, Spurs, Lakers, Stars, Mavs, OU etc.. fans will NEVER know this feeling. I'm young and have been a fan since third grade (1998) and its been a long time coming for this day. I can only imagine how fans from the inception feel right now!

You don't think hardcore Mavericks fans who suffered through the mid 90's appreciated when they went to the Finals?

Edited by CMJ

WOW...what a game 5 and what a gem from Cliff Lee. The guy just left the Rays standing there when he needed to and they all looked shell-shocked throughout the game. What control and what speed...amazing stuff. But, to me, the great part was to see how the Rangers manufactured runs all evening. Yes, the Kinsler homer sealed the deal from an offensive standpoint, but the base running and heads up play in getting the first couple of runs really set the tone and seemed to me to seal the fate for the Rays. The Cliff Lee nod to Washington after the 8th in letting Washington know he had the game and would take the mound in the 9th is things that baseball lore is made from...what a game.

Being pretty much a non-baseball guy, I did not watch the game from start to finish...I was actually refereeing soccer, but got in on the majority of it and am very happy I did. These guys are for real, and what fun they seem to be having. Great team chemistry. Super game 5! Now BEAT THE YANKEES!!!!!!

Wow...just Wow...this just may be the magic year for the Rangers.

My dilemma......

I have 2 tickets to game 2 of the ALCS, which is.... you guessed it, Saturday at 3:00 PM.

Should I cancel already made tailgating plans?

Thats not a dilemma. First ever ALCS in Arlington...against the hated Yankees...possibly with Cliff Lee back on the mound, or 60 minutes of frustration.

Go to the f-ing baseball game.

Thats not a dilemma. First ever ALCS in Arlington...against the hated Yankees...possibly with Cliff Lee back on the mound, or 60 minutes of frustration.

Go to the f-ing baseball game.

If it was just me, there wouldn't be a question, but I have invited people, who, believe it or not, are actually coming.

Anyone want to swap game 1 tickets for game 2 tickets?

Man, would I love to see a true tell all book written about this season by someone really in the know, coveing everything from Washington's coke ordeal, the sale of the team, the loss then sudden win of the battle to acquire Cliff Lee.

Just an amazing season