Vibe On Campus

meanJewGreen

I was wondering what the vibe was on campus today. Obviously no one has seen a winning season in awhile (never saw one during my 4 years) but is it any different than in years past? Bstnsports? Mean Green Matt?

I have not physically been on campus today, but I have talked to a lot of people the last couple days. It was a good close game, but losing the way we usually do, in heartbreak fashion, really takes a toll on people. That being said, if we can take care of business and come back to Fouts with a 2-2 record, It seems that people are ready to come back out in force for the Louisiana-Lafeyette game, and with good weather (not so freakin hot) we may see just as big a student crowd than we saw against Rice. Close games are not going to cut it anymore.

After these 5+ years of mediocrity, and (almost) all the students gone from the 2004 New Orleans Bowl Year, it takes WINS, and only WINS to get the students to come out past the 1st game of the year. Every year the students come out for the first one to see whats up. Last year Ohio was heartbreak, and this year the same thing, but A LOT of people believe in this team.

This loss to Rice was bad, but its nothing that wins against Army and FAU can't fix. Look for a big and rowdy crowd if we come back home 2-2!

Last year Ohio was heartbreak, and this year the same thing, but A LOT of people believe in this team.

You know, leaving the game that's exactly what I thought. It felt so similar to the Ohio game last year. All the excitement of the new season, several moments during the game when we were in control, and then... a heartbreaking loss.

Uhhh, I think we differ on our definition of mediocrity. 10-52 in the last 5 years is beyond pathetic. It screams, "We Don't Belong at This Level"...

I was trying to maintain an overall slightly upbeat feel to the post :D , because despite being as pathetic as we have been the last 5 years, the students are poised and ready to jump on board, we just need to string a couple of wins together to bring them back after that heartbreaking loss.