Would Mike Leach Come Here?

pogWo4life

You really think it would take Leach to get people interested in the program? Heck, we had 23,740 out to see a 4th year coach who had a career record of 5-32 coming in to this game.

I think our fans are there. And I think they would be there to give ANY new coach a chance. Leach or anybody. And I'm not anti-Leach.....just speaking up for our fanbase.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

You really think it would take Leach to get people interested in the program? Heck, we had 23,740 out to see a 4th year coach who had a career record of 5-32 coming in to this game.

I think our fans are there. And I think they would be there to give ANY new coach a chance. Leach or anybody. And I'm not anti-Leach.....just speaking up for our fanbase.

I was thinking on a more regional and national level. I know we'll always have our fans who come to games, but Leach would attract some serious attention.

I'm sorry but that doesn't impress me, there is so much more out there than that I know UNT can accompolish, we are too big a school to NOT think more than what we have now.

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry but that doesn't impress me, there is so much more out there than that I know UNT can accompolish, we are too big a school to NOT think more than what we have now.

The point is if you start winning, think how many more you would draw. You will have sell outs next year if this team can figure out a way to win.

I hope to god I never never never ever see any version of the wildcat ran again by this team

I was thinking on a more regional and national level. I know we'll always have our fans who come to games, but Leach would attract some serious attention.

I'm not sure we want that kind of attention. Does the program have lawyers on retainer?

He's a good coach, but too much pirate in him for me. :pirate:

Leach is a good coach but I'm not even sure that he's available until his law suit is settled. He wouldn't be my first or second choice, however. Those would belong to two brothers with the same last name. Do we have enough money to hire either Terry or Tommy Bowden? Another candidate that I'd like to see here is Jeff Bower. And why not? It seems like half of our staff was at Southern Miss at one time or another.

I would love leach to come to NT...what are some other possible candidates out there??

The first ones that come to mind from the top of my head would be Dennis Franchione and Jeff Bower.

If I was RV I would consider Dirk Koetter. He was the Boise State head coach before Dan Hawkins took over. He pretty much started that great Boise State run we are seeing these days. I think he would be an awesome candidate and wouldn't cost that much.