Fau's Plan Didn't Work Out So Well

SUMG

Supposedly there were 25,000 tickets sold to their game against Mich. State. If so.....there are a helluva lot of no shows (games on ESPNU).

The plan was to use to ticket sales....to help pay for their new stadium. They spent $180,000 advertising the game. With that, and whatever guarantee they're giving MSU....plus FAU's own travel expenses to a "home game"....I would guess they'll lose money on this move.

The announcers said that the original plan was to play this game in FAU's new home stadium. Anyway, since it's not built yet......they went to Plan B. Why they didn't try to play it in the Dolphins stadium....is beyond me. I guess they thought Mich. State fans would pack Ford Field....and they would make a lot of money.

The announcers said that the original plan was to play this game in FAU's new home stadium. Anyway, since it's not built yet......they went to Plan B. Why they didn't try to play it in the Dolphins stadium....is beyond me. I guess they thought Mich. State fans would pack Ford Field....and they would make a lot of money.

I heard that too. My first thought was that had a nice opponent to open their new stadium. My second thought was why were they playing in Detroit. Just a hunch, but maybe it's so they can get Michigan State to come to their new stadium when it does finally open?

In an effort to distract people from talking about how the FAU "home away from home" game has been a failure, it appears Schnelly quit trying to win the game today. Down by two scores on fourth and goal with 3 minutes left in the game, FAU calls a timeout, kicks a field goal, and then doesn't try an on sides kick.

Way to fight FAU!

In an effort to distract people from talking about how the FAU "home away from home" game has been a failure, it appears Schnelly quit trying to win the game today. Down by two scores on fourth and goal with 3 minutes left in the game, FAU calls a timeout, kicks a field goal, and then doesn't try an on sides kick.

Way to fight FAU!

It was crazy. There was actually about 5-6 minutes left when they got the ball back on a TO, and they did not go into a hurry up offense with a 2 score game. Even worse they pulled their starting QB when on 3 yard line and 3 min. left and put in their 3rd string QB :blink: Then on 4th down, and about to go for the TD, FAU calls a time-out and puts in their kicker for a field gold - essentially conceding the game while on the 3 yard line and 3 min. left :blink: :blink: :blink: There was absolutely no resemblance of a hurry up offense at any point in the last 5 minutes. Their players had to be demoralized by this completely outright display of poor coaching. The announcers were as befuddled as I was.

Not a fan of any of the college games being held in NFL stadiums....truly takes away from the college experience of a game. You could hear a mouse fart in that stadium today.

I think it depends on the game and fans. Nobody was there today so it sounds terrible. Had the same amount of people in a big college stadium it wouldn't have sounded much different.