Unt To Wac Article

To repeat what 93-98 said, this is not an article about UNT to the WAC. It's more of an article challenging Fresno State and Hawaii to accept leadership roles if the WAC is to survive.

As I see it the WAC has three chances to survive. They can become a 12-team league, they can get rid of LaTech (and maybe Hawaii) and become a closer knit eight or nine team conference by picking up current FCS teams or they can hope that the MWC implodes and get those that don't really have a place to go otherwise.

North Texas would only be involved in the first scenario, albeit that is their most likely for survival. It doesn't hurt to be wanted or needed and the mention could make us more attractive to CUSA. If a CUSA invite doesn't happen then a WAC invitation might be our best alternative.

If a CUSA invite doesn't happen then a WAC invitation might be our best alternative.

Don't be too hasty... There's always the "Threaten to Hold Our Breath Until We Pass Out" option.

And I don't know about the rest of you, but my face has been really pissing me off lately. I might have to take it out on my nose.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

To repeat what 93-98 said, this is not an article about UNT to the WAC. It's more of an article challenging Fresno State and Hawaii to accept leadership roles if the WAC is to survive.

As I see it the WAC has three chances to survive. They can become a 12-team league, they can get rid of LaTech (and maybe Hawaii) and become a closer knit eight or nine team conference by picking up current FCS teams or they can hope that the MWC implodes and get those that don't really have a place to go otherwise.

North Texas would only be involved in the first scenario, albeit that is their most likely for survival. It doesn't hurt to be wanted or needed and the mention could make us more attractive to CUSA. If a CUSA invite doesn't happen then a WAC invitation might be our best alternative.

Maybe I've missed something along the most every weekend DJ business trail, but is there any new kind of scenario that UNT would ever be considered for CUSA? I know our new stadium (insert a sublimenal why in the hell couldn't we have built this 25 years ago) is already giving us some (unsurprising) expected new options in scheduling (as in the first ever Big 10 school coming to Denton in 2011); but anyhoooo ...what scenario would suddenly make us a CUSA fit (other than all the ones we create ourselves on this forum)? Hope all is well, Jack and do tell Jessica "howdy!"

Thanks For Asking: To some who have asked with personal emails, yes, the DJ business is going well. In fact, I sign a DJ/client contract with 2 UNT students and Bride-and-Groom-To-Be tomorrow night. Yes, they got a Mean Green discount! Shameless plug time: www.soundworksdeejay.com

I just got back from HI a month ago. I was surprised to see the UNT student body president quoted in the Honolulu paper as U of H students are putting up quite a stink about a proposed $50. per semester athletic fee, before you youngsters get a rope, I would inform you that unlike UNT students U of H students PAY for tickets to all athletic events. The quote from UNT student body President was encouraging in that he said the fee was a big deal when proposed but now is accepted as the new stadium rises and the worth of a UNT degree rises with it. :D

• Upvote 1