Guy leaves his hometown team behind for the star power in Miami. It just doesn't sit well to me. Hakeem would have never done that to Houston and I know Jordan wouldn't have done it to Chicago!

Guy leaves his hometown team behind for the star power in Miami. It just doesn't sit well to me. Hakeem would have never done that to Houston and I know Jordan wouldn't have done it to Chicago!

Is he sorry? Absolutely. We'll probably hear from the "just a business" people here soon, who'll say that he has to take care of number one. It'll be impossible to argue with, since I guess I still mentally exist in that land where our sports stars, particularly those who are billed as "the chosen one," actually have some sense of maturity, decency, or loyalty. This bizzare charade of undeserved self-importantance and leading on of a team who completely laid out for their hometown hero is the stuff of bad action movies, not the "King" of a basketball generation.

I'm with Junior Miller on this - I hope he never wins a title, and that the Heat falls apart year after year to injuries, first round exits, and contract disputes. Not since T.O. was dancing on the Texas Stadium star have I so wished for an athlete's failure.

I think he is a bit saddened by it all. When he was asked if winning a championship elsewhere wouldn't mean as much, you could tell by his body language that it isn't going to mean the same as if he had won it for Cleveland.

The only problem I have with all of this was his one hour special to announce where he's going to play.

How long have we criticized pro athletes for just caring about money? Seems like Lebron's catching a lot of flack for wanting to win. When the Cavs didn't land any of the big free agent signings (Boozer, Bosh, Amare), can you blame him for leaving?? Cleveland's got nobody.

I personally would've liked to see him become a Bull. I hope he gets a title in Miami, but Chicago would've been a much better fit.

Thank God I was out of town for most of this. It's clearly sorry, but the thing that is as much a beating for me is everyone who bent over-backwards to make him what he is and feed off his hype since we was in 8th grade do the same backflips to tear him down.

To tie it back to college football, it's like if Chip Brown decides to do a takedown piece on Deloss Dodds after making his name off his hand-fed realignment stories earlier this summer.

2 things that bother me about this

1) Everyone talks about his desire to win, and how Miami gives him the best shot. His team had the best record 2 years in a row. And were the favorites to win it all once the playoffs started. Cleveland tried to get players to support James therefore using all their salary cap space. While other teams could drop everything for a couple, years throw in the towels and save cap space so they could go after the big free agents.

2) Everyone trying to back him up talks about how he's doing it for less money when athletes usually go for the bigger contract. Having lived in Cleveland I know this is a different situation than most. He was born and breed in the Clev. He is a native son. He isn't an athlete who was born in Cali, went to school in Florida and was then drafted to Cleveland. He is Cleveland! He promised alot to that city and they promised alot to him. He was a god to the people there.

ok a few more while I'm at it

3) An hour long conference to basically tell your hometown to eff off? Really? Thats like breaking it off with your wife and 3 kids on national tv to go hang out with the new 25 yr old down the street cause she likes to party more.

4) I honestly do think that James, Wade, and Bosh were planning this for years. They kept hearing them talk about how they've always wanted to play together. And they all signed matching deals to become free agents at the same time.

Every single thing this off season has been planned. Heck it was planned in 2008 and some say even 2006. In 2008 CP3 was part of the deal too but he's not free until 2012. So in 2012 you can expect Chris Paul joining that group. Yes Lebron is sorry...not for leaving but the way this whole thing has played out.

Why is anyone surprised? Guy just showed his true color...it's all about "me me me" in LeBron's world and Stern and pro basketball gets the credit by developing pro basketball into a "personality cult" rather than a professional team league. To remain relevant and compete for the sport's dollar Stern created this monster of egos. LeBron is just the latest creation. Some 18 or 19 year old, now un-named, will soon take his place and make LeBron's ego look like a school girl's. Pro basketball may go the way of professional wrestling if this trend continues for many more years. The circus has arrived in Miami.

Miami should be known as Wade's team. If it is, how long will LeBron last in Miami when he isn't seen as "king James" any longer but rather a court jester in Wade's realm? May be really interesting to watch.