Another UNT Grammy Winner!

JayDub

I've never even heard of her until tonight. My wife say's she really likes the song she sang tonight. I'm glad for her success even though North Texas will not get very much credit for any of it. I'm glad the DMN did the story on her or I would have never known she went to NT. I agreed with the young lady when she spoke into the mic and said, "I couldn't believe my type of music would be considered pop".

Rick

• Upvote 1

I prefer Norah Jones over the others, because she doesn't "over-perform." It seems too many of todays "singers" try to hit every octave on one note, ala Mariah Carey or Christina Aguilera, or "stylize" their voices, ala John Mayer. I prefer to hear someone just sing a song and not try to "show off" their vocal range. Just my opinion.

Obviously, all of the above are talented or they would have never been nominated.

One other note, did anyone besides me notice how bad the sound was? Everything sounded either muffled, off key, or the music and the performer were off. This was a terribly produced show with many of the presenters making mistakes. What was up with Dustin Hoffman? Did he check his personality with his coat a the door? And now, Bruce Springstreet and the E Sting Band! laugh.gif Or how about his intro for No Doubt? laugh.gif

He went back and got his degree after leaving for the draft.

And at age 23, who is to say Norah Jones may also do the same thing (since her mother still lives in the area).

So Shaq was one example I should have not chosen since I didn't realize he went back to finish, BUT WE ALL KNOW there are plenty other professional athletes who did not finish their degrees out there but still have a college affiliation listed besides their names in souvenir programs. Bet LSU even has a few (matter of fact).