Giovanni Vizza

wardly

Man...you guy's are really hard on G. Vizza. Gino was true Freshman and was beat to almost a pulp more times than I care to mention. I live in Houston, TX., so I was sitting in the Rice Press Box where all of their big money Alumni watch the game. A friend of mine's Grandfather was the Rice team doctor back in the day. I had bird's eye view of 77 Rice 20 UNT butt kicking, and it was a KICKING. Rice could have scored 100+ if they wanted, but had compassion for UNT and it's HS coach. Yes HS coach.

Your knock on G. Vizza is he left UNT because the coach's son..."all world QB recruit" was coming to UNT and R. Dodge knew Daddy's system like the back of his hand. If you're getting the crap sacked out of you and Daddy's son is the new team's savior what would y'all do? Ride the bench like Mangrum (sp) did? I wouldn't...maybe I'm not as selfless as I should be.

Was Gino V. the only one leaving UNT football. I wonder how much the UNT football team was being run like a college team, or was our program being run like a glorified HS team in the locker room? On the field we've pretty much looked like a HS team. If you disagree please post our current record under T. Dodge. I'm not a T. Dodge homer...thought D. Dickey was better coach...on a coaching scale where does that leave T. Dodge? UNT football savior? Disagree, please re-sight our record under Mr. Todd Dodge please?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

It never gets old. Oh wait, the anti-dodge comments on every thread got old two years ago. He either wins this year or he's gone. That's the fact. So how many of you are now cheering for our failure next season just to get him out of here?

But please remind everyone who decides to cheer to remain seated, if sitting on the home side.

• Upvote 1

so I was sitting in the Rice Press Box where all of their big money Alumni watch the game.

IS this where all the closet Rice fans sit; who dont want to admit they are a Rice fan? I thought the good news was that when UNT lost by 57 to Rice only UNT fans where there to see it.

Vizza didn't leave because UNT didnt offer his major, he left because his BFF Sam Dibrell left. Of course we all know Dibrell coincidentally left after the whole drug test incident.

I know a guy who plays football at Texas A&M and I asked him if he knew anything about Vizza. He said he's never even heard of the guy.

Vizza quit on this team. He's a quitter in every sense of the word.

I don't care how many times he was laid out, the guy was given a chance to start for a Division I program as a true freshman and gave it away to go party in College Station. He gets no pitty from me.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Man...you guy's are really hard on G. Vizza. Gino was true Freshman and was beat to almost a pulp more times than I care to mention. I live in Houston, TX., so I was sitting in the Rice Press Box where all of their big money Alumni watch the game.

I was there too, all 4 quarters, not sitting in a comfy press box. We're not too hard on Gio. Actually, many schools are tougher on their players than we are on Gio. The problem with Gio is that he was a little kitty. When he thought there was a chance he may not get to start, did he man up and and say, bring it on Rodge, beat me out of the starter's role? NO.

Did he announce his decision to leave at the end of the season, before winter break, or any time that would allow us adequate time to fill his roster spot with a potential recruit? NO.

Did he just decide to leave in the dead of winter, AFTER recruiting, and when the team was gearing up for spring ball. YES.

Your knock on G. Vizza is he left UNT because the coach's son..."all world QB recruit" was coming to UNT and R. Dodge knew Daddy's system like the back of his hand. If you're getting the crap sacked out of you and Daddy's son is the new team's savior what would y'all do? Ride the bench like Mangrum (sp) did? I wouldn't...maybe I'm not as selfless as I should be.

Maybe Im just old fashioned, but I think he should have been a man about it and fought for his starting spot, and if he lost it, get his ass ready to play in case Rodge, as we have seen is injury prone, went down. I could reclaim my starter title. But thats just me. Its not like he was getting a free ride through school with a scholarship, or anything.

Was Gino V. the only one leaving UNT football. I wonder how much the UNT football team was being run I'm not a T. Dodge homer...thought D. Dickey was better coach...on a coaching scale where does that leave T. Dodge? UNT football savior? Disagree, please re-sight our record under Mr. Todd Dodge please?

Dickey coached when he wanted to. Which didnt include OOC games or until his job was on the line after the 2001 ULM game, or the SMU home win. Oh, and its not like he didnt call the most loyal, die hard NT fans motherf**Kers or anything, or wait.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Man...you guy's are really hard on G. Vizza. Gino was true Freshman and was beat to almost a pulp more times than I care to mention. I live in Houston, TX., so I was sitting in the Rice Press Box where all of their big money Alumni watch the game. A friend of mine's Grandfather was the Rice team doctor back in the day. I had bird's eye view of 77 Rice 20 UNT butt kicking, and it was a KICKING. Rice could have scored 100+ if they wanted, but had compassion for UNT and it's HS coach. Yes HS coach.

Was Gino V. the only one leaving UNT football. I wonder how much the UNT football team was being run like a college team, or was our program being run like a glorified HS team in the locker room? On the field we've pretty much looked like a HS team. If you disagree please post our current record under T. Dodge. I'm not a T. Dodge homer...thought D. Dickey was better coach...on a coaching scale where does that leave T. Dodge? UNT football savior? Disagree, please re-sight our record under Mr. Todd Dodge please?

So to summarize... He's a quitter

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It never gets old. Oh wait, the anti-dodge comments on every thread got old two years ago. He either wins this year or he's gone. That's the fact. So how many of you are now cheering for our failure next season just to get him out of here?

Cheer for his failure????? That's laughable. :rolleyes: The guy didn't deserve another year. Money, or the lack there of, saved his a$$. We will have a new coach next year, book it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Like I said...who cares? He is not part of the UNT program. He chose to quit and leave the program and his scholarship. His call...he made it...who cares..."the King is dead, long live the King", etc. I wish him no ill will and hope the best for him, but not really interested in what or how he is doing with any other football team. Kid quit on UNT, for whatever reason. UNT has QB's on its roster and those are the QB I care about!

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 2