The Rangers Are In First Place!

Hey, Nostradamus had the Rangers winning 80 this year, so don't even compare my greatness to that POS.

And, may I point out that the Rangers have only won 87 with 6 games left. Now, if they lose out (resting players and all) that means I would be 3 games off from my beginning of the season prediction and 4 games off from my mid-season prediction. I'll take that any day.

That hairy faced F$# Nostradamus is freaking Terry Bradshaw compared to me.

Video Equivalent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STPbrJmA_5M

Hey, Nostradamus had the Rangers winning 80 this year, so don't even compare my greatness to that POS.

And, may I point out that the Rangers have only won 87 with 6 games left. Now, if they lose out (resting players and all) that means I would be 3 games off from my beginning of the season prediction and 4 games off from my mid-season prediction. I'll take that any day.

That hairy faced F$# Nostradamus is freaking Terry Bradshaw compared to me.

Well, better start predicting every possible playoff scenario on different pages of the thread, then. I'd hate to see this streak end before its time.

What should the Ranger's ALDS roster look like? Team can have 25 active players...considering only 3 starters will be needed I think carrying 10-11 pitchers should be sufficient, leaving 14-15 position players.

Pitchers

1. Cliff Lee (L)

2. C.J. Wilson (L)

3. Colby Lewis

4. Tommy Hunter

5. Neftali Feliz

6. Darren Oliver (L)

7. Alexi Ogando

8. Darren O'Day

9. Michael Kirkman (L)

10. Mark Lowe

11. Derek Holland (L)

Position Players

12. Bengie Molina

13. Matt Treanor

14. Jorge Cantu

15. Mitch Moreland (L)

16. Ian Kinsler

17. Michael Young

18. Elvis Andrus

19. Josh Hamilton (L)

20. Nelson Cruz

21. David Murphey (L)

22. Julio Borbon (L)

23. Vlad Guerrero

24. Jeff Franceur

25. Andres Blanco (S)

If the Rangers draw the Rays, maybe bump Holland for Nippert...but I think the way Cano has swung the bat this season he necessitates an extra lefty in the bullpen.

Is Frankie free after this year? I'd love to see him get an extension but I know that will be highly unlikely because they have so much depth and it would cost too much to keep him.

He's free, but now that we have that TV contract, who knows what we can do. I'm not saying we're the Yankees, but if the publicized numbers are correct, we start with $150M in TV money every year before a single ticket is even purchased.

He's free, but now that we have that TV contract, who knows what we can do. I'm not saying we're the Yankees, but if the publicized numbers are correct, we start with $150M in TV money every year before a single ticket is even purchased.

I believe it was 80 million a year. Which of course is no small number as I think I read it was the largest money a team gets from TV except the ones who have their own network. Personally I would love to see Francisco back with the Rangers. Great pitcher and a guy to has come to embrace our community from what I have heard.

I believe it was 80 million a year. Which of course is no small number as I think I read it was the largest money a team gets from TV except the ones who have their own network. Personally I would love to see Francisco back with the Rangers. Great pitcher and a guy to has come to embrace our community from what I have heard.

Fransisco is a Type A free agent so if we offer him arbitration and he goes elsewhere we get the first round pick of the team that signs him and a pick in the compensation round. With the ascension of Ogando and the presumed promotion of Scheppers next year I think the dollars would be better spent elsewhere.

Welp, Mark Lowe is not ready yet, but on the other hand, how much do you trust Harrison? I hope we never have to see either.

I really wonder how serious they were about Mark Lowe making the post season roster. As for Harrison I think the guy is solid. I think he can be at least a serviceable starter in this league and he's still young. It does seem that after the Yankee series he hasn't been the same. I hope Holland makes the roster because the guy has great stuff. I think he would be very valuable to our pen.

Tampa held the reg season tie breaker. Would not have been a 1 gm playoff.

Well, nevermind then.

I am glad we get the Rays, just because this franchise's sole (poor) playoff history is with the Yankees. Tampa was built the same way as the Rangers and should make for an interesting series, even if the Rangers have to play afternoon games during the week.

I have a ticket to game 4. With Lee here, I am confident that there will be a game 4 this year.

Edited by UNT90