Tell You What I Will Never Do Again......

I was told you had to have 45 MGC points to get a lower level seat.

As I understand it, the priority point system assignments began with the 2007 football season, but points began accumulating in the 2003 season to reward loyal fans. The letter I received in 2007 said:

"the point system will also be used to prioritze season and single game ticket seating requests and to determine seating location for postseason contests. Points began accumulating in the 2003 season and currently cover a 5-year period."

DESCRIPTION OF SUPPORT AND PRIORITY POINTS AWARDED

Current and continuous years as a season ticket holder (max 5 years in 2007) 2 pts. per year

Athletic donations 1 point per $100

I'm not sure if this now ocvers a msximum of 7 years or if it froze at 5 years as far as continuous years as a season ticket holder, but it seems that the points are cumulative over several years. If so, it is not necessarily "what have you done for me lately, but what have you done for me over a long period of time."

Perhaps someone can clarify it this is still the way priority points are calulated and if they go back 7 years now rather than 5 years.

Why would you pay that much for tickets in the first place? You could have got them for half the price on stubhub and picked where you wanted to sit

If your asking me, I paid that much because, for one, I had to buy 4 of them, two, I wanted to support my school by buying them through our program, plus I wanted to sit in the North Texas section. I did this very same thing in '88 and in '07 and had great seats down low both times, and since nothing gave me an indication it would be any different this time I did it again like the others who bought up the 550 ticket allotment this time around. I won't ever again though, lesson learned!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

How did so many Kstate fans end up in our 'North Texas' section? I had to sit near a row of purple making comments about our lack of size and the, apparent to them, ref bias for the 'small school.'

There were bad calls on both sides of the court.

Guest JohnDenver

We had 8 in our group and was FLOORED that we ended up with seats above students and KSU fans up in the 300s.

We knew a BYU fan who was leaving the game, so we took his three seats in the 118 and just fit in the other 8 where we could.

Guest JohnDenver

Yet another "We are all victims, everyone is out to get us" thread. Good job guys. Just can't catch a break huh?

Are you always happy with the price and quality of your purchases? Did you go to the game? Good job guy.

I didn't hear anyone say they were pissed they went to the game. I side with Rick on this one. I will only buy tickets that I *know* where they are located. Not a mysterious pool of tickets based on some mysterious point system... and unexplained other people in the UNT section that can in no way possible have more "points" than long standing donating alums.

I will do what most the KSU people did and buy general tickets that you can select through the ticketmaster site. I won't pay $68 (x8) into a pool and just have to be surprised (luckily or not) when we show up and they are nose bleeds. I was offered section 109 tickets for $50 walking up to Ford Center.

I believe that is the point. Not that someone is out to get us.. But good job anyway.

How did so many Kstate fans end up in our 'North Texas' section? I had to sit near a row of purple making comments about our lack of size and the, apparent to them, ref bias for the 'small school.'

I had to sit in the row right in front of them. I'm actually glad they didn't serve alcohol in this event, because if so I wouldn't have been able to bite my tongue on their stupid comments.

When I looked at my ticket and saw "308 Row N" I was pretty disappointed, but I didn't really expect any better seeing as how I'm a student.

They should have had one section in the 100's for students and allocate those to the most boisterous and enthusiastic students. And the other section for Donors, dedicated Alumni, and staff.

I have no problem with allocating seats by membership level, but it's apparent to me that if you were in the upper level you just received a random ticket. There was no thought in giving better seats to higher point levels.

I got a much better seat in 2007 than I got in 2010.

I had seats about 5 rows up and near midcourt in N.O. I wonder who's decision it was to do it this way this year.

Why would you pay that much for tickets in the first place? You could have got them for half the price on stubhub and picked where you wanted to sit

To go through the school and show support.

As I understand it, the priority point system assignments began with the 2007 football season, but points began accumulating in the 2003 season to reward loyal fans.

I understand that you have to reward those who are in a position to give more money. But what about those of us who give things other than money? Fans who work their ass off to ensure the new stadium gets built, fans who routinely make road trips sandwhiched in between work to support the school, fans who NEVER leave early, fans who have not missed a game in 5, 10, or 15 years, fans who were here wen the program was nearly killed off, etc. I know that money talks, but is this society so vain that we ONLY reward those with money and connections?

Yet another "We are all victims, everyone is out to get us" thread. Good job guys. Just can't catch a break huh?

Did YOU go?

I had to sit in the row right in front of them. I'm actually glad they didn't serve alcohol in this event, because if so I wouldn't have been able to bite my tongue on their stupid comments.

Just remember, no matter how bad they get, they have to go back to Kansas. Hell, Kansas City doesn't even want to be in Kansas. The founders took one look around, and said, "Nope, we're Missouri.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I think this was a lesson learned. We only had previous experience to go on and everything we've attended in the past has had one continuous section for UNT. I thought it would be the same, but it was our fault for assuming. It just wasn't what we expected. I don't blame the ticket office. Gabe told me they get the tickets the venue gives them, and yes, you had to have 45+ priority points to get seats in the lower level.

It might be a good idea for the ticket office to hold off on selling until the next day so they have time to find out where our seats will be located and post that information. That should have only take a phone call to the venue on Sunday evening. I would have liked to have known that we had section 110(?) in the lower lever and section 308 in the third level. I will admit though, I would have probably thought that we'd get tickets in the lower level, but if I didn't want to take a chance, I could buy elsewhere. Maybe the University administrators and employees should be bought tickets in another section by the school instead of taking them from the fan allotment. I agree that the first 10 rows should have been students, chosen by lottery or something similar, and then go with points from there.

In full disclosure, I don't get the priority points of a $1000 MGC donor. They don't count the separate MGC membership and the season tickets I've bought the last few years for my daughter so she can have a parking pass. I have no problem with that. (Just recently learned I can outright buy an extra parking pass. Don't know how long that option has been available.) I do have 30+ priority points, though.

We did enjoy the experience, but my main regret was that I didn't feel the connection with our team and our fans that I would have in a true Mean Green Nation section. It certainly lacked the intensity and excitement of the tournament in Hot Springs. Again, lesson learned for next time.

GMG!

I understand that you have to reward those who are in a position to give more money. But what about those of us who give things other than money? Fans who work their ass off to ensure the new stadium gets built, fans who routinely make road trips sandwhiched in between work to support the school, fans who NEVER leave early, fans who have not missed a game in 5, 10, or 15 years, fans who were here wen the program was nearly killed off, etc. I know that money talks, but is this society so vain that we ONLY reward those with money and connections?

:blink:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I am in the unusual position of being a NT alum who is a current student at Baylor. (It's their EMBA program, North Texas doesn't have an EMBA program and the girl I talked to at the NT school of business told me I would need to take the GMAT before they would answer most of my questions. Don't hate me, I still give my $1000 to the MGC.)

In any case, for their up coming games, Baylor students are being offered $90 tickets that are good for both semi-final games on Friday and the Championship game on Saturday. Limit two tickets per student and there is a limited supply.

Tickets are available on line from the NCAA for $90, $65 and $40 but those are not in the Baylor section. Apparently, there are not any cheap seats for students!

Baylor did arrange a bus and tickets for students to their game against ODU which was $86. That was $66 for the ticket and $20 for a bus from Waco to New Orleans. The bus left Waco at 10pm Friday and returned immediately after the game. (Won't want those Baylor students to be tempted by Bourbon Street I guess)

Edited by VideoEagle

I am in the unusual position of being a NT alum who is a current student at Baylor. (It's their EMBA program, North Texas doesn't have an EMBA program and the girl I talked to at the NT school of business told me I would need to take the GMAT before they would answer most of my questions. Don't hate me, I still give my $1000 to the MGC.)

In any case, for their up coming games, Baylor students are being offered $90 tickets that are good for both semi-final games on Friday and the Championship game on Saturday. Limit two tickets per student and there is a limited supply.

Tickets are available on line from the NCAA for $90, $65 and $40 but those are not in the Baylor section. Apparently, there are not any cheap seats for students!

Baylor did arrange a bus and tickets for students to their game against ODU which was $86. That was $66 for the ticket and $20 for a bus from Waco to New Orleans. The bus left Waco at 10pm Friday and returned immediately after the game. (Won't want those Baylor students to be tempted by Bourbon Street I guess)

Considering what you and the rest of the Baylor students are paying for tuition I'd say those were all damn good deals?

Rick

• Upvote 2