Ncaa Tournament Notebook: Unt Gets Tv Call Over Baylor

gruu

"Green sendoff:In Denton, several dozen fans attended a sendoff celebration before the Mean Green left for its first-round game in Oklahoma City.

UNT is making its second NCAA appearance in four years, having played in 2007.

"It's a great sendoff for our guys," coach Johnny Jones said."

Several Dozen fans at the sendoff? Pathetic if true.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

"Green sendoff:In Denton, several dozen fans attended a sendoff celebration before the Mean Green left for its first-round game in Oklahoma City.

It was at 3:00 in the afternoon on a Tuesday during spring break. What did you realistically expect?

At that time of the day, that day of the week and given that it was Spring Break, I am pretty proud of the "several dozen" who did show up. In the past there would not have even been a scheduled send-off event! I find nothing to complain about regarding fan support for the team during the Sun Belt Tournament and the NCAA effort. By all counts UNT had one of the largest and most vocal fan contingents for the Hot Springs tournament and UNT sold out its NCAA ticket allotment very rapidly. This is very good news indeed. When UNT fans are in numbers such that they can be "disappointed" that they were not able to buy tickets to a UNT game, that's PROGRESS!

Way to go Mean Green nation...you have done yourselves proud. Yes, more would be better, but those "baby steps" toward progress are getting to be "teenager steps"....I see "adult" steps on the horizon.

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1

I was there and I estimated the crowd at 70-80. Since it's Spring Break, the band, cheerleaders and Dancers weren't there. But all in all, it was a nice turnout. I think Coach JJ and the players were touched by it.

And FYI....there will be a Game Day Send Off from the team hotel at 12 on Thursday. That one will be rockin'.

• Upvote 3

DFW is the only market in Texas with the NT game. All the rest have Baylor. We get it since Denton is part of the DFW market and a teams home market always gets the game. CBS even promises not to cut away for extended periods for games in a home market.

The Baylor game is on channel 21, so it is available here.

Guest UNTMike81*

any word on if it'll be televised in Houston?

The Baylor/Sam Houston is the televised game in Houston. I called Buffalo Wild Wings on Westheimer and they will be showing the UNT/K-State game for us.

Go Mean Green "The K-State Killers".