Sbc Tournament Tickets

UNTflyer

I'm wondering what the difference is between the tickets offered Ticket Master vs the tickets offered by the Athletic Department.

Tickets at the MeanGreenSports website are about $45 cheaper and are General Admission. TicketMaster tickets appear to be reserved seating. I'd rather sit with my fellow fans, so what ticket package will you be purchasing?

I'm wondering what the difference is between the tickets offered Ticket Master vs the tickets offered by the Athletic Department.

Tickets at the MeanGreenSports website are about $45 cheaper and are General Admission. TicketMaster tickets appear to be reserved seating. I'd rather sit with my fellow fans, so what ticket package will you be purchasing?

Last year they had the sections directly behind our bench sectioned off for UNT fans so we were able to all sit together. We had GA tickets and were able to sit right behind out bench for every game we played with all the other UNT fans. I would think they do it that way this year too. I do not think there is much enforcement when it comes to seating at the arena in Hot Springs, if anyone knows otherwise feel free to chime in.

I did see the price difference from getting the tickets on SunbeltSports or through the NT ticket office. NT ticket office being the lesser of the two at something like 90 bucks and SunbeltSports at I think 120.

• Upvote 1

I talked to the head ticket guy (name escapes me at the moment) at the bball game Thursday evening about tournament tickets and he said beside being less expensive, general admission tickets purchased from UNT guarantee that you'll sit behind the NT bench. The more expensive, reserved seat tickets will more than likely be on the other side of the arena. We are getting our tickets from the Athletic department.

GMG!

To sit in the section behind the NT bench, I believe you have to purchase your tickets from the Athletic Department. They will have some sort of marking designating UNT according to Gabe Kirkpatrick (I got his name this time). I would double check that, though.

GMG!

Different athletic departments are charging significantly different prices for the ticket packages. There's only one school selling them for a price that's lower than buying individual session tickets for all the men's games.

We bought the session package in Mobile, but wound up spending more money than we would have on individual tickets because we didn't go to most of the women's games. Last year, we decided against it and planned on going with individual session tickets.

This year, we'll probably buy from the cheapest school with tickets remaining. If we start feeling guilty about buying from elsewhere, maybe we'll donate $75 to the NT athletics department.

As for seating behind benches... The ushers only check tickets if you're not in school apparel. So if you buy a walk-up ticket or if you buy a package from, say, MTSU... They won't even look at it unless you're in generic clothes.

Also- I'm not sure if you're still a grad student, Flyer. Even if you're not, there's probably a student reading this who might be coming. Anyone with an NT student ID (or one from any other SBC school) gets free tickets, just like at home games. You just go up to the ticket window before the session you want to see and show them your ID for a ticket. It's what my brother did last year.

I just received my Sun Belt conference brochure from the athletic department, and it specifically states that the tickets you buy from the schools will be stamped and are good for specific sections.

The section directly behind each team's bench is reserved for fans with that team's stamp on a first come, first seated basis. But not even WKU completely filled their section last year, and they travel better than any other team in the conference.

If you're an ASU or UALR fan, that may be a situation where there's a line and they check ticket stubs. But as long as you're wearing a North Texas shirt, I'll be amazed if anyone even blinks when you go sit in our section.

Generally, as long as you're not trying to snag the premium seat right behind the bench, it's almost totally open seating and I've never had a problem sitting a few rows behind a bench either in Mobile or in Hot Springs. We sat with MTSU and UNO fans behind their bench in Mobile, and we sat behind the USA bench during their semifinal game last year in Hot Springs.

Even if that gets a lot stricter than it's been the past 3 years, then there's still going to be great seating elsewhere in the arena. Last year, we watched our quarterfinal game against MTSU from the opposite side of the floor just because we already had great seats 4 or 5 rows up from the floor. Baseline seats are usually very open, too... We sat on the first row of the baseline with the Denver band and spirit section during their Sunday night game against UALR, which was probably the most crowded the arena got all night.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from buying through North Texas, just saying that it's highly unlikely that sitting in the behind-the-team section is going to be a problem whether you buy a tournament passbook with the NT stamp on it, or if you buy an individual session ticket, or if you come with a student ID and get a general admission seat ticket.

Edited by TheTastyGreek

The Ticketmaster seats are across the court from the benches.

The seats from the school guarantee you will be behind the bench when your team plays.

There really aren't bad seats in the Summit, first couple rows you deal with people walking in front of you but everything is close.

Arkansas State has sold its allotment and is getting tickets from other schools. Since it isn't likely they can do that and guarantee behind the bench seating, I suspect that schools are getting a piece of the action for selling tickets.

Unless there is something different this year, all seats are gen admission.

You ticket will give you the right to go between both courts when two games are in progress on Saturday and Sunday. Thus there is no reason to believe that there will be any reserved seating (as there was not last year) or any advantage to having a reserved seat. The ticketmaster price difference is probably their outragous fee.

I don't think anyone looked at our tickets the whole tournament last time. We only sat behind the teams bench during the UNT games - the other games, we just sat somewhere else in the arena.

How far is Hot Springs from Denton ? I am guessing about 4 1/2 to 5 hours but really dont know. Also for those who went last year, how were the crowds and the atmosphere. Not for sure if i can go this year any insight would help ! thanks

How far is Hot Springs from Denton ? I am guessing about 4 1/2 to 5 hours but really dont know. Also for those who went last year, how were the crowds and the atmosphere. Not for sure if i can go this year any insight would help ! thanks

429 miles. About 5 1/2 hours, or if you drive like me about 4 1/2 hours. That's taking Google's crazy route down to Garland and picking up I-30 there.

If you take 380 east to I-30, it says 307 miles but the same amount of time. :unsure:

Edited by UNTflyer

Crowds were OK, most games probably had a few thousand. When UALR played, it was probably closer to 4K. Middle Tennesee and W. Kentucky traveled pretty well. UNT had a decent showing. UALR and Arkansas St. too, but most other schools brought few fans. It was the highest men's tourney attendance since 2003 and the highest ever for the women's tournament.

I'm expecting bigger crowds this year since we know that all teams will be playing at least one game.

I thought the atmosphere was great. You can feel the intensity of a one-loss-and-you're-done tourney. It's really fun visiting with all of the other fans at the local bars/restaurants and inside the arena. Every fan I met from other schools were very nice.

I highly recommend making the trip.

Crowds were OK, most games probably had a few thousand. When UALR played, it was probably closer to 4K. Middle Tennesee and W. Kentucky traveled pretty well. UNT had a decent showing. UALR and Arkansas St. too, but most other schools brought few fans. It was the highest men's tourney attendance since 2003 and the highest ever for the women's tournament.

I'm expecting bigger crowds this year since we know that all teams will be playing at least one game.

I thought the atmosphere was great. You can feel the intensity of a one-loss-and-you're-done tourney. It's really fun visiting with all of the other fans at the local bars/restaurants and inside the arena. Every fan I met from other schools were very nice.

I highly recommend making the trip.

Meeting the other fans is a ton of fun* and it really does build up a camaraderie between conference schools. Attending this tournament last year was a blast, even with the final six minutes of the WKU game taken into consideration.

Unless your own of our handful of superfans who always seem to find the "douchiest guy supporting the other team who just can't stop trash-talking for no good reason because he is mean and it's nothing you are doing". You might not have as much fun.

Meeting the other fans is a ton of fun* and it really does build up a camaraderie between conference schools. Attending this tournament last year was a blast, even with the final six minutes of the WKU game taken into consideration.

Unless your own of our handful of superfans who always seem to find the "douchiest guy supporting the other team who just can't stop trash-talking for no good reason because he is mean and it's nothing you are doing". You might not have as much fun.

Stupid AJ Slaughter.

Edited by Green Lantern