Crimson Tide Vs Longhorns.....who You Got?

FirefightnRick

This game will come down to the QB's, and whether Bama can pressure McCoy enough to force him into mistakes behind a weak (IMO) Texas OL. I don't believe they can by rushing 4. Bama's line, no matter what you've heard, does not equal Nebraska's, and Suh is 10x the player Cody is. If the Tide can force McCoy into mistakes and keep the Horns under 100 yards rushing, they will win the game.

Texas has to stop Ingram first and make McElroy beat them with his arm. I personally believe the Texas defense will be able to do this, and if McElroy is forced to throw, I believe he will have difficulty against the best Texas secondary of the last decade, IMO. Bama has not faced a defense with a secondary or linebacker corps this good, and McElroy's OL will have to protect him well.

Texas will have to keep Bama in second and third and long, and that type game will play into their hands. This means shutting Ingram down, and keeping Bama from the 1st down passing success they enjoyed against the Gators. I believe the Horns will be ready for this. On offense, they will need for Shipley (who is back at 100% after playing on basically 1 foot in the B12 Championship) to have his best game of the season, and someone like Malcolm Williams or another WR will need a big game alongside him. I have no faith in the Texas running game unless Newton is in the ballgame because their other backs (Whittaker) are afraid of contact, as far as I'm concerned, and as Bama will probably try to out-physical Texas, this is key. McCoy will need to have 70+ yards rushing, IMO.

On special teams, Texas will stay away from Arenas, and has dangerous return men of their own. A big special teams play from Arenas, Shipley, or someone like DJ Monroe may well be the difference in this game.

I'm going with Texas 27-19. I believe McCoy will have a big game. He's been working to play in this game his whole life, and he knows he can be the greatest QB Texas has ever had if he wins this game. He will either crack under the pressure, or be a hero tonight.

I believe McCoy will have a big game. He's been working to play in this game his whole life, and he knows he can be the greatest QB Texas has ever had who looks like he has mild down syndrome if he wins this game.

Fixed.

I think the layoff favors Texas and have an odd feeling about an upset I'd like to be wrong about. As much credit as Saban gets, I think I saw he's only 4-6 in bowl games with said layoffs. If this game was played the second week of December, give me Bama 31-13. I have been saying they are the best team in the country since we played them (look it up, I dare you). Now, with Muschamp having time to prepare, I'll say Texas 16-13. The last quarter will be interesting to great, and then we will all fawn over how great the rest of the "defensive struggle" was.

I really just hope we will learn a little bit more about Colt McCoy and Shipley being not only teammates, but roommates.

Fixed.

Hey-ohhhh!!

I think the layoff favors Texas and have an odd feeling about an upset I'd like to be wrong about. As much credit as Saban gets, I think I saw he's only 4-6 in bowl games with said layoffs. If this game was played the second week of December, give me Bama 31-13. I have been saying they are the best team in the country since we played them (look it up, I dare you). Now, with Muschamp having time to prepare, I'll say Texas 16-13. The last quarter will be interesting to great, and then we will all fawn over how great the rest of the "defensive struggle" was.

Could be. Who the hell knows. I wonder if the (sort of) lightweight LB's Texas rolls out can withstand the Bama punishment. They are very physical, for sure. Really interested to see if Kindle can make some $ tonight.

I really just hope we will learn a little bit more about Colt McCoy and Shipley being not only teammates, but roommates.

Yeah, that whips my ass, too.

Could be. Who the hell knows. I wonder if the (sort of) lightweight LB's Texas rolls out can withstand the Bama punishment. They are very physical, for sure. Really interested to see if Kindle can make some $ tonight.

I'm just interested in making sure Kindle makes it home safely after the game tonight.

This game will come down to the QB's, and whether Bama can pressure McCoy enough to force him into mistakes behind a weak (IMO) Texas OL.

Nostradamus?

I believe McCoy will have a big game. He's been working to play in this game his whole life, and he knows he can be the greatest QB Texas has ever had if he wins this game. He will either crack under the pressure, or be a hero tonight.

That statement says it all...I really feel for Colt. You know it had to be killing him to watch this game from the sidelines.

Congrats to Bama for being the best team on the field last night.

Hate to see a career end like that for McCoy. Colt McCoy is one of my favorite college players ever. Tough break for him. Gilbert is going to be a good one, though. Lot of fun watching him literally tossed in to sink or swim. I was impressed that the game was within a field goal with 3 minutes to go. Texas never quit fighting, and that's all you can ask for.

What if's are great, but they don't matter in the end. Hats off to Bama.