Let Us Alone....

Until UNT fans stop beating each other up and questioning their "fandom" and questioning their level of support and their methods of support it will continue to be hard for others to see UNT as anything more than a lower tier program. I can only imagine the progress that UNT athletics could make if all who claimed to be UNT fans actually got behind the program in a POSITIVE WAY, actually at least acted like they cared for other UNT fans and stopped seeing THEIR school as anything less than first rate. One can only dream...talk about "divide and conquer"...UNT must be the poster child for that!

If you want to beat your opponent in the field of battle, one way to go about it is to "divide and conquer" so as to get them fighting between themselves...seems we have done a pretty good job of this all by ourselves.

Oh, well.....perhaps it is simply something to think about.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lord, this is stupid.

Why do you want to dis one of the few people who will still stomach UNT football games in person, in Denton and on the road? The only reason he stands out is because we have so few fans. You see guys wearing hard hats and stuff at other schools and he's just one of several doing it.

It's unique. I'm just waiting for him to be like the Jets guy. That will rock.

jets_fans_gal_640.jpg

M-E-A-N G-R-E-E-N! Mean! Green! Mean! Green!

I met that Jets fan in Phoenix,his wife was in a conference with me, I spent a couple days by a pool BSing with him. Pretty interesting guy.

this may be my favorite thread of all time. p1's Vs Rick.

but i've never understood the guy who complains that the ticket doesn't talk enough "SPORTS." if you want your radio station to talk sports and never break from it i'll bet you could find that somewhere else. no big deal. some people, and the ratings would tell you it's a majority, enjoy the approach the ticket takes to sports radio. it's idiotic to suggest that they should be doing something else when they're successful in what they're doing.

and if doing bits and immature drops aren't what men want to hear why do the other stations try so hard to produce their version of similar schtick?

this may be my favorite thread of all time. p1's Vs Rick.

but i've never understood the guy who complains that the ticket doesn't talk enough "SPORTS." if you want your radio station to talk sports and never break from it i'll bet you could find that somewhere else. no big deal. some people, and the ratings would tell you it's a majority, enjoy the approach the ticket takes to sports radio. it's idiotic to suggest that they should be doing something else when they're successful in what they're doing.

and if doing bits and immature drops aren't what men want to hear why do the other stations try so hard to produce their version of similar schtick?

Exactly. I love the Ticket because non-stop sports talk gives me tired head. As a casual sports fan, I actually find myself enjoying the non-sports talk more than the sports talk most of the time.

This thread has fallien behind the McCoy thread. We need to interject some more controversy to pick up the pace.

If I remember correctly, BaD Radio had a transgendered individual either studio or as a repeat e-mailer/caller a couple years back. Does this not make it difficult raising one's children in today's complex and changing society? How about the Hardline's Gay Man Round Table of 2009?

Discuss.

Until UNT fans stop beating each other up and questioning their "fandom" and questioning their level of support and their methods of support it will continue to be hard for others to see UNT as anything more than a lower tier program.

Other schools don't care about UNT fans fighting amongst themselves, dude. They are too busy fighting with their own fans to notice.

Your comment smacks of an inferiority complex. We are just like any other college fan base, except that we have so freaking little positive history to talk about after eight decades of football. Some bowls in the '50s, Fry's run in the '70s, a little I-AA success under Corky Nelson and Dickey's bowl run in the '90s. And a great band.

but i've never understood the guy who complains that the ticket doesn't talk enough "SPORTS." if you want your radio station to talk sports and never break from it i'll bet you could find that somewhere else. no big deal. some people, and the ratings would tell you it's a majority, enjoy the approach the ticket takes to sports radio. it's idiotic to suggest that they should be doing something else when they're successful in what they're doing. and if doing bits and immature drops aren't what men want to hear why do the other stations try so hard to produce their version of similar schtick?

What's so hard to understand about wanting to hear sports talk on a sports talk station? The fact that they are successful with a format that's heavy on shtick and man talk doesn't matter to me. I tuned in to KTCK to hear sports with some occasional shtick. Now that it's shtick with occasional sports, I tuned out. Rhynes and Greggo had the perfect format for the first five years they ran the Hard Line. Lots of sports with some brilliant or amusing digressions into other matters and plenty of callers and faxers. The last time I heard that show, it was a bunch of twentysomething slackers talking to themselves for three hours, with Rhynes chiming in once in a while as the grumpy old man. Snooze!

What's so hard to understand about wanting to hear sports talk on a sports talk station? The fact that they are successful with a format that's heavy on shtick and man talk doesn't matter to me. I tuned in to KTCK to hear sports with some occasional shtick. Now that it's shtick with occasional sports, I tuned out. Rhynes and Greggo had the perfect format for the first five years they ran the Hard Line. Lots of sports with some brilliant or amusing digressions into other matters and plenty of callers and faxers. The last time I heard that show, it was a bunch of twentysomething slackers talking to themselves for three hours, with Rhynes chiming in once in a while as the grumpy old man. Snooze!

What's so hard to understand about looking for something you like, realizing it is not there and moving on? the tickets not for everyone (but if your butt hurts, try it), but they are successful, serving a demographic, etc. You have two other middling sports stations to choose from in this market, plus the internet to find something else that suits you anywhere. We haven't even mentioned the wonders of satellite radio yet.

This is like if I ranted all the time about how much I hated the NBC prime time lineup, but refused to change to another station because I used to really love Empty Nest.

Edited by Quoner

For the record, those are fortysomething slackers.

What's so hard to understand about looking for something you like, realizing it is not there and moving on?

As I've already said twice, I did move on. The topic of the station came up, so I mentioned why I gave up on it after many years as a P1. Why are you so defensive about The Ticket? The fact that you like it is no skin off my nose.

As I've already said twice, I did move on. The topic of the station came up, so I mentioned why I gave up on it after many years as a P1. Why are you so defensive about The Ticket? The fact that you like it is no skin off my nose.

I actually only consider myself a fan of Bob and Dan (best overall product on the station in terms of prep, production, making me laugh, quality) that flips off and on of the other programs. I was speaking to more of the overall rehashed complaints and issues with it, not just you. There seems to be a big group that acts like they are forced to listen to this demon sports network, or even worse, keeps listening to it to make themselves miserable and they pop out whenever the station comes up.

Other schools don't care about UNT fans fighting amongst themselves, dude. They are too busy fighting with their own fans to notice.

Your comment smacks of an inferiority complex. We are just like any other college fan base, except that we have so freaking little positive history to talk about after eight decades of football. Some bowls in the '50s, Fry's run in the '70s, a little I-AA success under Corky Nelson and Dickey's bowl run in the '90s. And a great band.

"Dude"???? How old are you anyway? :unsure::lol: