A Double Edged Sword

emmitt01

If Troy wins on the sixth that will be the second Belt team with 10 wins this season. That's quite an accomplishment for a conference that is at the "bottom" or that we need to flee ASAP, huh? Even in our championship run our high water mark was 9 wins.

The flip side of this SBC success is that we are now chasing several teams who are lightyears ahead. MUTS returns a QB who was tht NOB MVP, and a lot of talent. Troy, well Troy is Troy. Say what you will about how close we are to "improvement", but any kind of turnaround is gonna have to occur in an improved league.

You are probably right...we should just get rid of football I guess. Dodge can't coach or recruit, Riley can't play QB, the defense isn't going to get any better, and every team in the Belt is light years from where we are. I liked playing golf where the satdium is going to be anyway...

You are probably right...we should just get rid of football I guess. Dodge can't coach or recruit, Riley can't play QB, the defense isn't going to get any better, and every team in the Belt is light years from where we are. I liked playing golf where the satdium is going to be anyway...

We either step it up in seat sales, donations, or fees and maybe all three or we will be playing in the nicest FCS stadium in the country. If you want better demand better from your fans, alumni, students, and administration. These are facts that teams such as MUTS and Troy dealt with years ago. We need better paid coaches, a D-1 athletic budget, and student fees comparable to those programs we strive to emulate otherwise talk of any realignment will only have us going backward in a conference in which we are a bottom feeder. The WAC without BOISE, the MAC, and C-USA are all fast being overtaken by the SBC.

If Troy wins on the sixth that will be the second Belt team with 10 wins this season. That's quite an accomplishment for a conference that is at the "bottom" or that we need to flee ASAP, huh? Even in our championship run our high water mark was 9 wins.

The flip side of this SBC success is that we are now chasing several teams who are lightyears ahead. MUTS returns a QB who was tht NOB MVP, and a lot of talent. Troy, well Troy is Troy. Say what you will about how close we are to "improvement", but any kind of turnaround is gonna have to occur in an improved league.

Pity party time again............

You know you rarely see the MWC programs moaning and groaning to get out of their league. Rather they have built their league into a football power that is now stronger than the Pac 10.

This Mean Green fan will support and help the SBC take its' rightful place ahead of the WAC, CUSA & the MAC. We are not there yet, but I believe the SBC is ahead of the MAC and equal to CUSA right now. The WAC with Boise has the edge.

But I am actually looking forward to continue building relationships with our conference mates and to travel to some away games later this year. It is our home and where we live right now.

GO SBC! GO Troy! GMG

We either step it up in seat sales, donations, or fees and maybe all three or we will be playing in the nicest FCS stadium in the country. If you want better demand better from your fans, alumni, students, and administration.

the fans have been there in great numbers the past three seasons. it is time for the administration to demand better results of the product they are trying to sell.

5-31 and a program in absolute shambles does that to you.

More like a program that has hit rock bottom.

More like a program that has hit rock bottom. Most of the games this season the alumni parking lot at Fouts was 3/4 empty right before game time and the $10 parking was filled with students who act like its the Fry Street Fair at the Fouts parking lot.

The team has only won 5 home games in the last five years.

Does anyone really believe Dodge/Dodge can lead UNT to a 7-5 record next season, highly doubtful at best.

• Downvote 1

The team has only won 5 home games in the last five years.

Does anyone really believe Dodge/Dodge can lead UNT to a 7-5 record next season, highly doubtful at best.

No

I wish I could say yes , but I don't see where the 7 wins are going to come from.

That's why 2010 is a double edged sword.

It's one more season of the worst coach in school history, but its also the year he gets fired (or at least demoted to QB coach to keep his kid from transferring.)

ANY COACH who comes into this program next season is going to clean house.....

Also I wouldnt be suprised if we have an interim coach by the middle of the season.

• Downvote 1

I love The Sword

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> Edited by Green P1

ANY COACH who comes into this program next season is going to clean house.....

Also I wouldnt be suprised if we have an interim coach by the middle of the season.

Nah, RV will fire Dodge after the 7th or 8th game, but let him finish out the year as HC.

We'll reassign TD for year 5 to keep Riley around and so we don't have to eat the full cost of the buy out.

The stadium has the program cash strapped, which why we couldn't afford to fire Dodge at the end of this season.