North Texas Postseason Review, Bleacher Report

mgsteve

A very honest report. Last spring I said Riley had a big time arm. I was wrong. This report pretty much sums up what I saw on the field, and reminds me of why I think next season will be more of the same. The comments about the coaching were very telling.

Wow, a pretty good read, Dodge would still get a "F" in my book and with our season I don't think I could have handed out anything more then a "C+" to any of the coaches.

Still a very encouraging read, it really puts the weight of 2010 season squarely on the Coaching Staff.

Reading this was like having my thoughts magically transcribed to the Internet. The arrogance, inflexibility and occasional clueness of this coaching staff were there for ALL to see...opponents included. Perhaps next year, assuming there is bite to RV's bark, decisions will be made with logic brought about by self-preservation.

I wonder if this was available to RV before his "sit down" with Coach Dodge. This would have been an excellent outline to go by in discussing the season. If I were AD (which I'm not and never will be) I would send this to the coach prior to our evaluation meeting and advise him that he needed to have a written response for each section.

I would go as far as to say this reads like clips coming from coaches... very impressive info and for the most part spot on regarding the situation. If this is coming from the coaches, I am encouraged because identifying the problem is the first major step towards a solution. if it is not coming from the coaches it should be made required reading!

I would go as far as to say this reads like clips coming from coaches... very impressive info and for the most part spot on regarding the situation. If this is coming from the coaches, I am encouraged because identifying the problem is the first major step towards a solution. if it is not coming from the coaches it should be made required reading!

The coaches need to read this and reassess themselves SERIOUSLY before spring practice.

I agree with lots of the things in this report. I wonder who wrote it. In the part about the defensive line the article reads "After we landed JUCO DTs Shavood Atkinson and Kevin Jackson, it made much less sense". The word "we" was curious. That indicates to me that it was somebody who is either a very devout North Texas fan or a part of the athletic department. Any thoughts ?????

Don't know if it has been talked about, but next year is a big gamble for both TD and RD. Riley will play his redshirt Soph year next year, meaning if TD leaves at the end of the year, RD will have to choose between:

a) playing at UNT for 2 years under a new coach

b. transferring to another D1A school and having only 1 year of eligibility left, or

c) transferring to a D1AA school and have 2 years remaining.

I don't think any of these options would be appealing to Riley.

Thoughts?