Disgusting Display Of Favoritism By The Big 12...

FirefightnRick

How obvious was it that the big 12 was NOT going to lose the chance for one of it's teams to play for the mythical national title game and the money that goes along with it? Texas scores 3 times on three penalty-aided drives: A B.S. pass interference call in the endzone, a B.S. pass interference on the sidelines in which the ball lands over by the bench and completely uncatchable, and a B.S. horsecollar call to set them up for the winning t.d.

The non bcs programs (TCU and Boise) get screwed once again.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

I was pulling for the BcS nightmare scenerio of them having to put a non auto-qualifying school in the Title game. TCU and Cincy fans have to be sick at the ending of that game. tu pulls it out with a kickoff out of bounds, 15 yard personal foul, 1-second put back on the clock, and the kicker nudges it in. Sick. All the whorn bandwagoners will now claim they we all there and it's all legit. :wacko:

Yep. I just knew that somehow, someway, they were going to find a way for Texas to win that game.

That last kickoff out of bounds by Nebraska was just a killer (a familiar scene for us this year).

I would love to have seen TCU get their shot. If TCU wins out, they are just as much national champions as the winner of the Texas/Alabama game IMO. For that matter, so is Boise State and even Cincinnati.

Edited by akriesman

Yep. I just knew that somehow, someway, they were going to find a way for Texas to win that game.

That last kickoff out of bounds by Nebraska was just a killer (a familiar scene for us this year).

I would love to have seen TCU get their shot. If TCU wins out, there are just as much national champions as the winner of the Texas/Alabama game IMO. For that matter, so is Boise State and even Cincinnati.

The defenders of elitist status quoism win the day, as their script requires.

Que? How is it a mythical game. #1 vs. #2 every year.

It's only an "opinion poll" of who is #1 and #2. It will always be a "voted" title and not a real title until they have a playoff and decide it on the field...like every other level and college division of football does!

Because 1-A football is the only place where a championship is awarded by poplular vote and not on the field (to some degree). If UT wins out, they have every right to claim a national title. So does TCU, Boise and Cincinnati.

How obvious was it that the big 12 was NOT going to lose out for one of it's teams to play for the mythical national title game and the money that goes along with it? Texas scores 3 times on three penalty-aided drives: A B.S. pass interference call in the endzone, a B.S. pass interference on the sidelines in which the ball lands over by the bench and completely uncatchable, and a B.S. horsecollar call to set them up for the winning t.d.

The non bcs programs (TCU and Cincinnati) get screwed once again.

Rick

i think the pass interference in the endzone was a legit call , but I'm with you. Did you really expect them not aid the Horns tho ?

My hope is for next year that TCU will have a very , very good shot at having a chance for the National Championship. They only lose 4 or 5 starters. If they win their bowl game they will be ranked very high next year in the preseason ( top 5) so if they can go undeafted 2010 will be their year.

Remember when we used to go head to head with TCU for recruits ?? Dodge "Hey kid we here at UNT are getting a new stadium."

Gary Patterson "We have a old ass stadium , but wanna play for a national championship?"

* Cincy is in the Big East. They will go to a BCS game. Seems so long ago that Jeremy Pearl returned that pick 6 .

How obvious was it that the big 12 was NOT going to lose out for one of it's teams to play for the mythical national title game and the money that goes along with it? Texas scores 3 times on three penalty-aided drives: A B.S. pass interference call in the endzone, a B.S. pass interference on the sidelines in which the ball lands over by the bench and completely uncatchable, and a B.S. horsecollar call to set them up for the winning t.d.

The non bcs programs (TCU and Cincinnati) get screwed once again.

Rick

Cincinnati is a BCS school. They are in the Big East. I'm all for a non bcs team playing for the national title, as long as tcu and smu are not one of the teams. I want North Texas to become one of the great programs in the country, but first we need to work on being the best in the metroplex. Some on the board might say, lets start with Denton.

I am happy for Texas.

Cincinnati is a BCS school. They are in the Big East. I'm all for a non bcs team playing for the national title, as long as tcu and smu are not one of the teams. I want North Texas to become one of the great programs in the country, but first we need to work on being the best in the metroplex. Some on the board might say, lets start with Denton.

I am happy for Texas.

I meant Boise. I'll change it.

Rick

but first we need to work on being the best in the metroplex

We brought back our high school coach who is 5 - 31 . The other 2 teams have coaches who have coached non bcs schools in BCS bowls.I think we are on the right track, Good things are happening in Denton !

Edited by NT03

i think the pass interference in the endzone was a legit call ,

Maybe, maybe not. But he didn't touch or interfere with him near as much as the tU DB that climbed up all over the face of the Nebraska reciever as he tried to catch one at the 1 yard line earlier in the game did. And in the second replay of the one called against Nebraska you can see the zebra pulling the flag out before the ball even gets there, even though contact occured about the same time the ball arrived.

Watching that kick go out of bounds sent chills up my spine by the way and reminds me we have a long, long road of recovery ahead of us? I just hope I don't read tomorrow that Pelini admits he ordered the kicker to intentionally directional kick? And I'll never understand why they didn't have the field goal kicker kicking it? It's obvious the kid has a howitzer for a leg and could have easily sent it though the back of the endzone, so why not ensure they get zero return and do that? Why?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Maybe, maybe not. But he didn't touch or interfere with him near as much as the tU DB that climbed up all over the face of the Nebraska reciever as he tried to catch one at the 1 yard line earlier in the game did. And in the second replay of the one called against Nebraska you can see the zebra pulling the flag out before the ball even gets there, even though contact occured about the same time the ball arrived.

Watching that kick go out of bounds sent chills up my spine by the way and reminds me we have a long, long road of recovery ahead of us? I just hope I don't read tomorrow that Pelini admits he ordered the kicker to intentionally directional kick? And I'll never understand why they didn't have the field goal kicker kicking it? It's obvious the kid has a howitzer for a leg and could have easily sent it though the back of the endzone, so why not ensure they get zero return and do that? Why?

Rick

Oh, that wasn't the field goal kicker who kicked that? I did not know that. Yeah, seeing that kick go out of bounds had an ominous feeling about it, that's for sure.

When talking about Oregon I love how the analysts always say the disaster in boise or the debacle in boise, or that horrific lost to Boise - hello! Boise is ranked #6 in the country and is undefeated! They act like oregon lost their opener at rice or san jose state!

All Boise does is do what it has to do and this year proves that you do not need to go to Virginia and Clemson and win to play for the national championship. Had tu lost tonight Cincinnati would have most likely jumped the frogs. Boise just needs to keep on beating up the wac and pac 10 and they will be fine eating some tostitos.

GMG

When talking about Oregon I love how the analysts always say the disaster in boise or the debacle in boise, or that horrific lost to Boise - hello! Boise is ranked #6 in the country and is undefeated! They act like oregon lost their opener at rice or san jose state!

All Boise does is do what it has to do and this year proves that you do not need to go to Virginia and Clemson and win to play for the national championship. Had tu lost tonight Cincinnati would have most likely jumped the frogs. Boise just needs to keep on beating up the wac and pac 10 and they will be fine eating some tostitos.

GMG

It would have been very close b/w Cincy & TCU is UT lost & Clemson won. I wish it would have ended in a computer tie and the system blew up in their face. Until there is a playoff , college football will continue to be somewhat rigged

We brought back our high school coach who is 5 - 31 . The other 2 teams have coaches who have coached non bcs schools in BCS bowls.I think we are on the right track, Good things are happening in Denton !

+1, NT03. But I have to give props to my Aunt, Uncle, and Cousins' Alma Mater in UDub! They go from ZERO and Twelve to 5-7 in ONE YEAR! And defeat two Ranked Teams, albeit it they're Pac 10 Teams. Glad to see Sark has AS MANY Wins as a Head Coach as Dodge does, and has done it in ONE YEAR! :o And to boot, it wasn't Sark's Team, it was Willingham's. So COACHING is a big difference, something the PA Jeff Putz will never get through his head. And nice 'wobbling' and BSing in the Channel 8 bit, Dodge!

Texas is only in the National Championship game because of their pre-season ranking.

The BCS is completely bogus - there is just no way for the little schools to get in. Since September 10, 2005, Boise State has lost 4 games. They have gone undefeated in the regular season for 3 of the last 4 years. What the hell do they have to do?

Its a mythical championship. The NCAA does not recognize them as the NCAA Champs. And as has been stated, its not #1 vs #2 as determined on the field, but on computer and in minds.

i think the pass interference in the endzone was a legit call , but I'm with you. Did you really expect them not aid the Horns tho ?

Technically, it was the proper call. Problem is that its only called when convienent. I remember countless times when it doesnt get called at NT games. Hell, it didnt even get called during the Cincy/Pitt game earlier in the day.

Totally agree with you on Boise. They've been getting the shaft for too long. How many unbeaten seasons do these guys have to have before they get their shot at the title game?

First it was 2, then 5, then 10. They will keep making up BS to keep them out. They are scared to let them have a shot after the '07 BcS game.

I didnt get to see the last part of the game. Was the horsecollar a legit call? Was Colt outside of the tackle box and did the ball go past the LOS on the next to last play? I was wondering if it should have been called an intentional grounding.

Edited by Rudy

The only thing that really bugs me is that time keeping isn't reviewable unless, I believe, it is somehow related to a penalty. There wasn't 1 sec left when the ball hit, there was a fraction of a second left. The clock doesn't stop on an incompletion. It stops on a whistle. There was no time on the clock at the whistle, it wasn't reviewable, and the game was over. Whether that would be fair is irrelevant. The rules are the rules. I'd expect some banter on this in the days ahead.

Notice how this game between FSU and Miami ended with an incomplete pass with 1 second left. I believe this is the correct way to handle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRKFlNGEhK4

Edited by MeanGreenTeeth

Texas is only in the National Championship game because of their pre-season ranking.

The BCS is completely bogus - there is just no way for the little schools to get in. Since September 10, 2005, Boise State has lost 4 games. They have gone undefeated in the regular season for 3 of the last 4 years. What the hell do they have to do?

Boise has to play better teams.