Might Ou Be Looking For A Coach Soon?

SUMG

I've said it before, and will say it again. Bob Stoops is not leaving Oklahoma soon, unless all of a sudden he tanks that program. Notre Dame should look at the Chris Petersens, Brian Kelleys, and Gary Pattersons of the world (although if I were them, I certainly would not take the ND job). Shooting for Urban Meyer and Bob Stoops is a lost cause in my book. What does ND have over OU, Florida, and programs of that caliber? Absolutely nothing.

Notre Dame has 4 more national titles than OU. Currently, they may seem out of the woods compared to the OUs, FLs of the world. But they are not so far removed from an incredible era of performance and expectation. And they still have the second largest collection of subway fans behind the Yanks, an auto BCS bid, and the CBS contract.

No, I do not think anyone is above an interview for the Fightin' Irish position.

NBC,not CBS

Notre Dame has 4 more national titles than OU. Currently, they may seem out of the woods compared to the OUs, FLs of the world. But they are not so far removed from an incredible era of performance and expectation. And they still have the second largest collection of subway fans behind the Yanks, an auto BCS bid, and the CBS contract.

No, I do not think anyone is above an interview for the Fightin' Irish position.

And, you tell me a 17/18 year old kid from the Southern part of the US who takes official visits to OU, FL, and ND is going to pick ND over the other two? No way. Have you been to South Bend? Kid goes on a visit to ND, there's no girls, the town sucks, it's freezing cold, and all the fans are grumbling about being 1-10 against ranked teams the last 4 years. Same kid goes on a visit to FL, there's beautiful southern girls everywhere, it's warm & sunny, there's a buzz in the crowd about going to 3 of the last 4 SEC title games. Kid goes to Norman, again the co-eds are hot, weather is good, and there's a positive vibe about the program. It's a no brainer, and don't think these coaches who lead these dominate southern programs do not see that either. In the end, it's about getting/recruiting elite defensive athletes in order to compete for a title every year, and Notre Dame is currently very far removed from being able to do that.

That's why I say that the guys leading Boise State, Cincinnati, TCU, Central Michigan, etc. are better fits for that job.

And, you tell me a 17/18 year old kid from the Southern part of the US who takes official visits to OU, FL, and ND is going to pick ND over the other two? No way. Have you been to South Bend? Kid goes on a visit to ND, there's no girls, the town sucks, it's freezing cold, and all the fans are grumbling about being 1-10 against ranked teams the last 4 years. Same kid goes on a visit to FL, there's beautiful southern girls everywhere, it's warm & sunny, there's a buzz in the crowd about going to 3 of the last 4 SEC title games. Kid goes to Norman, again the co-eds are hot, weather is good, and there's a positive vibe about the program. It's a no brainer, and don't think these coaches who lead these dominate southern programs do not see that either. In the end, it's about getting/recruiting elite defensive athletes in order to compete for a title every year, and Notre Dame is currently very far removed from being able to do that.

That's why I say that the guys leading Boise State, Cincinnati, TCU, Central Michigan, etc. are better fits for that job.

I think this is the biggest issue ND has to face. It's a Catholic school in the middle of nowhere with actual academic standards well removed from its glory years. Every year, it becomes less of a practical choice for many athletes. What's your pitch to get a kid to come to ND? Nothing I can think of that beats out any number of schools in the Big 12, Big 10, SEC, and they have a lot more to entice a kid than South Bend.

I am not really in disagreement with your comparison, but it did not seem to bother the previous generations of kids who would flock to play at ND. Also, I have been to Norman; outside of campus it is not a place to whoop about. Have you forgotten they're in the state of Oklahoma. There is a reason Texas does not slip into the Gulf...

The biggest thing that hurt ND was probably the scholly limit.

Notre Dame has the largest alumni support group in the world - the Catholic Church.

Man - Boston College, Marquette, Seton Hall, Loyola, Gonzaga, Georgetown, etc. are really getting jobbed then.

Does TCU get the Christian money?

TCU is affiliated with Disciples of Christ. They only have about 700,000 members vs. 1.2 billion.

I'm only arguing because I'm bored, but saying all Catholics support Notre Dame is like saying all Methodists support SMU.

Maybe all that money people donate for prayer candles at mass has been secretely funneled to pay Charlie Weis's per deim? If so, I blame the Illuminati.

Stoops is under 50 years of age, and not looking at retirement like Mack Brown is, i.e. naming an apparent successor. Being from Youngstown, if he wanted to take over a program close to home, then Notre Dame might be it. Tressel is not going anywhere soon, and Michigan is going to be challenge to rebuild when Rodriquez is shown the door. Also, he may have some Saban in him, who knows. I do not think he will take a job in the NFL. I agreed with the writer who said Stoops was not showing as much fire this year as in the past, plus an interview that I heard with him earlier in the , that led me to believe that he may be at least open to looking at a new job more so this year than in the past.

Edited by Green Dozer

I'm only arguing because I'm bored, but saying all Catholics support Notre Dame is like saying all Methodists support SMU.

Do all Baptists support Baylor? I dont.

More important question, if Wiess is shown the door at ND, would you want him here? Just trying to keep the thread going, dont kill me.