Game Tonight

KRAM1

Hey, there is a game tonight against Newman...yes, it's an exhibition, but it's MEAN GREEN BASKETBALL. Anyone going? Wife and I will be there in the "usual spot". Coach Trilli is the AD at Newman...maybe we can welcome him back to the Super Pit.

Let me guess, it's a night game, so certainly the students and fans will not be able to show up...man, if it were only a day game. There, a ready made excuse for poor attendance by the student body and fans...I'll wager there will be many more alums and fans in the stands than students...always are...I wonder why?

Any buzz around campus about the start of the basketball season? I hope so...team looks to be ready to contend for the title BIG TIME this season...GO MEAN GREEN.

All you folks "giving up" on the football team should come to the Super Pit this evening and start the BB season off with a decent crowd. Can't wait to hear all the excuses...just can't get to Denton for a 7PM tip off, it's Wednesday and I have to go to church (OK, you might get a pass on that one), it's JUST an exhibition game, it's a week night, I don't like Coach Dodge, the team doesn't use a tight end, I don't like the way the new business building looks, the new stadium won't seat enough people, I had to study, my girlfriend/boyfriend doesn't like basketball, Johnny Jones will only play his own son at point guard (oh, that's right Josh White isn't really Johnny's son, but that won't really matter), etc.

Come on...it's basketball season at UNT...let's get it on...see you there!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, there is a game tonight against Newman...yes, it's an exhibition, but it's MEAN GREEN BASKETBALL. Anyone going? Wife and I will be there in the "usual spot". Coach Trilli is the AD at Newman...maybe we can welcome him back to the Super Pit.

Let me guess, it's a night game, so certainly the students and fans will not be able to show up...man, if it were only a day game. There, a ready made excuse for poor attendance by the student body and fans...I'll wager there will be many more alums and fans in the stands than students...always are...I wonder why?

Any buzz around campus about the start of the basketball season? I hope so...team looks to be ready to contend for the title BIG TIME this season...GO MEAN GREEN.

All you folks "giving up" on the football team should come to the Super Pit this evening and start the BB season off with a decent crowd. Can't wait to hear all the excuses...just can't get to Denton for a 7PM tip off, it's Wednesday and I have to go to church (OK, you might get a pass on that one), it's JUST an exhibition game, it's a week night, I don't like Coach Dodge, the team doesn't use a tight end, I don't like the way the new business building looks, the new stadium won't seat enough people, I had to study, my girlfriend/boyfriend doesn't like basketball, Johnny Jones will only play his own son at point guard (oh, that's right Josh White isn't really Johnny's son, but that won't really matter), etc.

Just wanted to point out that it's an exhibition doubleheader---women start at 5; so the men probably won't get started 'til 7:20 or later.

I'm working until 10 pm tonight. I'm such a piece of human crap that deserves to die.

Even if you were not, you'd probably find some excuse why you couldn't meet up with me at the game for a coke or something. So, everyone works until 10PM...that's the big excuse now???? Surley the "magic" Quoner could find some way to "beam into the game" without those at work knowing.

You know you can with your magic powers....

You're a better fan than everyone else. Thanks for letting us know!

No way...just tired of all the same old lames excuses for not supporting the Mean Green. If it hit too close to home, you have my apologies...no offense meant to you personally Green P1. Will you be at the game this evening? Hope so.

I can tell you that the students who follow UNT Athletics are very excited about the upcoming season. Only problem is there aren't that many who follow UNT Athletics.

And another thing I noticed that troubles me, I have seen zero promotions/ads for the games this week on campus. Usually some signs will be posted around campus, but I haven't seen anything yet. I mean its our best sport, you would think we would try to get as many people as possible to check it out so they know we don't suck at every everything!

There's that "promotions" thing once again. Do you think the dept. has just decided to stop promoting athletics at UNT until the stadium is built or something else strange in thinking like that concept? E-Mails to Mean Green Club members are nice, but that just isn't my idea of a promotions plan.

I'm thinking that "promotion" is a word missing from the vocabulary these days within the athletic dept. I ask again, does anyone know if the Athletic dept. actually has a degreed professional in charge of promotions. If so, I want that job...no work and full pay. Great job if you can get it. :lol::lol:

I received an email flyer from OSU yesterday announcing the date for homecoming in 2010 and some promotions centered around homecoming...with a note and link about hotels, etc. It came from the ALUMNI Association...seems the alumni assoc. has already been "up to the necks" in planning for 2010 homecoming and getting out the "save the date" info to their members. WOW...promoting homecoming already. I know it diod not come from the athletic dept., but it is simply an example of forward looking promo. I even receive promo's from the University of central Missouri about games activities, homecoming activities, etc. And, guess what...none of it arrives the day AFTER the event took place. Amazing.

Oh, well...it's hard for the Mean Green fans to "pump it up" on their own without some help from the university itself...just saying.

Not to bash the athletic department, because I'm sure they have good reasons for everything they do/don't do, but it seemed like back when I was in school (early 00s) that all things athletic were a secret, smoky backroom, word-of-mouth promotion amongst only a select few. I do think things have improved in the last several years. However, the exhibition between Wichita State and Newman drew 10,228 (in fairness they are cross-town schools), and I would be amazed if we had 2,000 against Newman tonight. I mean no disrespect to Wichita State, a quality program, but it seems like the visibility of athletics on our campus is in serious doubt if we are desperately striving to accomplish one fifth of what Wichita State can do--at what is currently our best and most consistent sport.

Nope. Yesterday the campus lawns were still littered with the Dog Pound signs and even one for our "upcomming" ULM game! If I were the bball player I'd be pissed for the lack of support thus far. I am please however with the increase in signage for football this year. Maybe we'll get some bball love in the coming weeks.

UNT WINS TONIGHT...Both the men and the ladies! Ok, I'm really certain about the men, but after TWU beat the ladies...it might just be a real battle...but the UNT ladies also find a way to win.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Everyone knows my basketball predictions are much better than my football one's,right?

Am I the only one on here that finds it absolutely embarrassing that we lost to TWU in an athletic event? Seriously?

I went to the game. The ladies found themselves in the 2nd half; however, TWU really came to play that game and had deadly shooting. TWU earned that one. I think it will be a wake up call for our ladies and probably tripled the intensity in practice so I think some good can some out of this loss.. thankfully it was only an exhibition.

My daughter and I and 1 friend will be there tonight!! I have waited so long for this, and the crappy football season made this wait seem even longer and more painful than it was.... Very excited to see some of our new talent hit the floor...

I went to the game. The ladies found themselves in the 2nd half; however, TWU really came to play that game and had deadly shooting. TWU earned that one. I think it will be a wake up call for our ladies and probably tripled the intensity in practice so I think some good can some out of this loss.. thankfully it was only an exhibition.

TWU earned it? We had 25 turnovers and committed 31 fouls as I recall.

MGSports is allowing you to watch both games for free to try and show off the new video capability the site has as well. I'll probably be in chat as is normal - looking forward to seeing some of the regulars.

Which chat room do we use - the old one? Also, hey CMJ, wanna cyber?