Happy Veteran's Day

FirefightnRick

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag and whose coffin is draped by the flag,

who gives us the right to burn the flag."

Thank you veteran's for your service.

Rick

Yes...thanks to all our Vets. A job well done. And, as a vet myself, I thank you for your "thanks". Folks, it may be trite to say, but "FREEDOM AIN'T FREE". Lots of fine men and women of this great nation of ours have paid the price to allow us all to retain the freedoms we have today. They are the real heroes, and should be honored today and every day.

I think about my grand father, Willis Porter, as a 19yr old farmboy, in the combat trenches during WWI.

I think about my Dad, Edwin Porter, 20yr old Pvt US Army, on patrol in France, WWII.

I think about my uncle, Johnny Steveson, 19yr old Pvt US Army, in the first wave of lading craft at Omaha Beach.

I think about my uncle, Lt Charles Hunter, P-39 fighter pilot, KIA over Belgium, 1943.

I think about my uncle, 19yr old Pvt Weldon Porter, 101st Mountain Divison, fighting in the mountains in Germany.

I think about my uncle, 21yr Pvt Forrest Porter, US Army, in the jugles of Guadalcanal.

I think about my father in law, 18yr old Pvt Homer Hamman, US Marines, hitting the beach at Iwo Jima.

I think about my high school friends, Thurman Thomas, Johnny Davis, both KIA, Viet Nam.

I think about my cousin's son, 19yr old Pvt Michael Pearson, US Marines, severly wounded in Irac while on patrol.

I think about my nephew, Travis Valdares, US Navy, 20yr old load master/KC130, in and out of the Bagdad airport,

under fire, unloading bady needed supplies, then taking wounded soliders out.

God Bless all veterans, past, present, and future! Thank you!

Now, I think about the thugs, gang bangers, dope dealers, boom box filthy music, disrespectful punks, and all the other trash, that have the freedom to live their lives any way they want to.

Charles Porter, US Navy vet

Edited by charlie nt73

To those who have, to those who do, and to those who will serve...thank you for all that you do and nothing but respect for your sacrifices and service to this great country.

Thinking today of my little brother serving in the Air Force.

Edited by JayDub

I had the honor and privilege to share dinner and several Shiners with a Marine veteran of the Iraqi invasion tonight. Daniel was in a recon unit, for those of you who know how dicey that is, and was in the first charge from Kuwait through An Nasiriyah and right on to Baghdad. He is a helluva good young man and productive member of our society and I will bring him and his girlfriend to the Army game.

My family has a long tradition of service but mine could not hold a candle to Daniel's. I salute him and all veterans on this special day. MAY WE NEVER FORGET!

THREE GREAT PRESIDENTS

Two of whom were veterans them

During the Great Depression, President Herbert Hoover ordered ALL illegal aliens deported to make

jobs available to American citizens that desperately needed work.

Harry Truman deported over two million Illegals after WWII to create jobs for returning veterans.

President Dwight Eisenhower deported 13 million Mexican nationals so WWII and Korean Veterans would have a better chance at jobs. It took 2 years,

but they deported them!

If illegals could be deported back then, they could surely be deported today

George Bush Sr ( a veteran) made them legal

THREE GREAT PRESIDENTS

Two of whom were veterans them

During the Great Depression, President Herbert Hoover ordered ALL illegal aliens deported to make

jobs available to American citizens that desperately needed work.

Harry Truman deported over two million Illegals after WWII to create jobs for returning veterans.

President Dwight Eisenhower deported 13 million Mexican nationals so WWII and Korean Veterans would have a better chance at jobs. It took 2 years,

but they deported them!

If illegals could be deported back then, they could surely be deported today

George Bush Sr ( a veteran) made them legal

What an unexpected turn of events.

And thanks to my grandfather, father, cousins and several good friends who have done tours around the world. I'm looking forward to greeting a good friend at a bus stop with shorts when he gets home in December.