I'm Done

How about we don't. Let him sit for awhile and get healthy. The kid is too talented to cast him off so early in his career. Let Tune finish out the season, give Riley spend the time bulking up and really getting healthy again so when Cole and Stradford are ready to play we have 3 Big XII players on our offense. I doubt SERIOUSLY that we could find someone to step in and lead this team any better in the near future. We are North Texas and at this point, Riley is the best we can do.

How about we don't. Let him sit for awhile and get healthy. The kid is too talented to cast him off so early in his career. Let Tune finish out the season, give Riley spend the time bulking up and really getting healthy again so when Cole and Stradford are ready to play we have 3 Big XII players on our offense. I doubt SERIOUSLY that we could find someone to step in and lead this team any better in the near future. We are North Texas and at this point, Riley is the best we can do.

Didn't we say the samething last year

Didn't we say the samething last year

No, last year Gio was the qb and Riley was just a receiver. Despite that, many were calling for Riley to take Gio's job. This is Riley's first year starting at quarterback, Colt McCoy was often injured his redshirt freshman season too. He ended up bulking up and became a pretty damn good quarterback. Also, we did not have William Cole coming in from OSU or Tyler Stradford from OU.

Tell that to Bob Stoops and Brian Kelly.

what's funny is Riley was knocked out for 4 weeks last night with an abdominal strain in my NCAA 2010 online dynasty. Sad thing, this kid has hella talent. We may never get to see his full potential. Javia Hall, baine, & Thompson may all be licking their chops at a legitimate chance to supplant Riley. Looks like they will get their shot.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Riley Dodge is the most talented quarterback on this team but what good is that if you can't complete a game? His only complete game was Ball State. Tune is a good passer but too one-dimensional. Baine is an unknown. Thompson should remain redshirted. Another long year for UNT.

So it was weird today. I got one of those see-and-says and one of them had a picture of a smart-person on it. When I pointed to it and pulled string this is what happened:

"the Voice of Reason says: Riley is a redshirt freshman, and some people just have bad injury years."

There was another picture there too. It was of an angry fan. Tried that one

"the loser says: tight ends solve everything, and the backup quarterbacks are all awesome because they don't get ankle sprains"

Like I said, it was weird.

So it was weird today. I got one of those see-and-says and one of them had a picture of a smart-person on it. When I pointed to it and pulled string this is what happened:

"the Voice of Reason says: Riley is a redshirt freshman, and some people just have bad injury years."

There was another picture there too. It was of an angry fan. Tried that one

"the loser says: tight ends solve everything, and the backup quarterbacks are all awesome because they don't get ankle sprains"

Like I said, it was weird.

One problem with this.

Riley Dodge has not shown any ability to get the ball to a receiver running a deep route. It wouldn't matter if we had freaking Randy Moss out there if the QB couldn't get him the ball deep. Stratford and Cole won't matter if the field can't be stretched by your QB. The one deep ball thrown last night by Riley was terrible.

This has nothing to do with him being a freshman, this has to do with arm strength. He is not going to be able to imorove much in this catagory, no matter how hard he works.