Stop The Rain Dance!

meangreenbob

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob, I hear ya. But, I think we'll be fine. It might rain on Saturday morning.....and be fine....way before game time or tailgating time.

Anyway, I remember 1994.....when 20,000+ were in the stands, putting up with the rain in the famous "See ya later McNeese State" game. If OUR fans want to be there.....they will be there.....just like fans all over the country who put up with various kinds of weather.

Is it bad that I HOPE it rains Saturday morning in the hopes my daughter's soccer game gets canceled? LOL I'm a terrible soccer mom....

It would be nice to cool down the day and have a nice mid to upper 70's for tailgating. Regardless we will be there rain or no rain.

Edited by mrsgreengoblin

I'm surprised, that with all the expertise in weather and climate on this board, any of you take a four-day weather forecast all that seriously. At that North Texas Geography Department, over thirty years ago, they taught us that any more than 3 days was just a guess; it hasn't improved. Just for example, yesterday, rain was forecast for today and tomorrow, then removed by this morning. If they can't forecast 1 or 2 days out any better, why worry about 4. Trying to keep your lawn alive? Honestly, keep watering.

Is it bad that I HOPE it rains Saturday morning in the hopes my daughter's soccer game gets canceled? LOL I'm a terrible soccer mom....

It would be nice to cool down the day and have a nice mid to upper 70's for tailgating. Regardless we will be there rain or no rain.

That is soooooo very bad!!! I have three games to referee Saturday morning...where does your daughter play? I hope for NO RAIN for either soccer or UNT Football. You know, if it gets rained out it will probably be rescheduled. You aren't getting out of anything! :lol:

Anyone remember the game against Southern Miss on Oct 24, 1981 at Fouts? I call it the "Flood Bowl". It was raining so hard that day that Denton cable's weather channel "rain gauge" was ticking off 1/100th of an inch every second. There was a rumor that a player almost drowned with all the standing water on the field.

At the stadium mixer in Houston last month, I asked RV whether he was in that game, but apparently he had graduated from USM the year before.

Never mind the score, that was the Bob Tyler year...

Saturday: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 84. East southeast wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Saturday Night: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 68. Northeast wind around 5 mph.

NOAA Weather

That is soooooo very bad!!! I have three games to referee Saturday morning...where does your daughter play? I hope for NO RAIN for either soccer or UNT Football. You know, if it gets rained out it will probably be rescheduled. You aren't getting out of anything! :lol:

Oh I know, I just hope it's rescheduled on a day with no UNT football. :)

OK whoever is pushing this rain needs to stop!

Saturday: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 83. Northeast wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Saturday Night: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 67. North northwest wind between 5 and 10 mph.

The high of 83 is nice though.