Why We Won

bigrobdsp

When I got home yesteday I immediatly changed out of my NT polo that I wore all day and into an NT t-shirt. I decided that it wasnt enough so I went upstairs and got some NT gear for both my son and daughter. Still unsatisfied I put on an NT hat and socks. I started to feel a little better. my wife called and asked me to peel some potatoes and mix them with onions to bake. when she got home I demanded some green kool aid, she obliged (lemon aid with green food coloring). she wondered aloud why the green food coloring was right in front of the spice cabinet. Her question was answered when she opended the foil packet and found green potatoes as our side dish for dinner. After a long internal argument, I have concluded that it was the socks. That is what pushed us over the edge.

Speaking of batshit crazy theories and superstitions about why we won...

I started dating my current girlfriend right before the first game of the Dodge era. She was at SMU, she was at WKU in 2007, she came to all our home games, Rice, and ULM with us last year.

She was on vacation visiting family in Los Angeles yesterday. Without her watching or listening... We won.

Thinking back, she fell asleep last year while we watched the tape delay of the WKU game victory (we had avoided hearing/reading the score because we watched Baylor's homecoming earlier in the day and wanted to enjoy the NT game unspoiled) and didn't see us win.

The year before, we left the WKU game at halftime because of the weather and went home to listen to the end on the radio. She fell asleep... And we came back to win. She wasn't at the ULM game that year, either.

I've determined that she's a jinx on this football team. Next week, I'm going to tie her up and lock her in the closet until the game is over. If she can't see it or hear it... I think we can win it.

GOOOOOO MEAN GREEEEEEEEENNNN!!!!!!

I've determined that she's a jinx on this football team. Next week, I'm going to tie her up and lock her in the closet until the game is over. If she can't see it or hear it... I think we can win it.

Tasty, this is a matter of national security. Don't chance this to simple rope alone. I'd suggest chloroform.

Speaking of batshit crazy theories and superstitions about why we won...

I started dating my current girlfriend right before the first game of the Dodge era. She was at SMU, she was at WKU in 2007, she came to all our home games, Rice, and ULM with us last year.

She was on vacation visiting family in Los Angeles yesterday. Without her watching or listening... We won.

Thinking back, she fell asleep last year while we watched the tape delay of the WKU game victory (we had avoided hearing/reading the score because we watched Baylor's homecoming earlier in the day and wanted to enjoy the NT game unspoiled) and didn't see us win.

The year before, we left the WKU game at halftime because of the weather and went home to listen to the end on the radio. She fell asleep... And we came back to win. She wasn't at the ULM game that year, either.

At the end of the day, how much can we credit Mrs. Quoner's new Ball State cheer. I really wish there was a could way to convey the hand signal, but the best hint I can give is that it involves minding the step children.

Guest JohnDenver

TTG, you are going to have to kill her.

Sure, you'll miss her, but think of the sweet, sweet basking in that BCS championship.

Cerebus, look behind you. Down at your feet.

Yep, you crossed the line.

Actually, I'm taking credit for the win. You see, yesterday was my mother-in-law's birthday.

Sept. 12 was my dad's birthday - so a win then is assured.

Sept. 19 is my cousin's birthday - so we are good.

Sept. 26 is my niece's birthday - good again.

Oct. 3 is an open week (good thing - no relatives with birthdays that day - bullet dodged!)

Oct. 10 is my sister's birthday.

By then, the team should be able to hold their own - which is good since I don't have any other relatives' birthdays for a while to help them out for the rest of the season!

Just for added measure, I will continue to wear the new UA shirt I just bought each game day and fly the new Mean Green car flag that I purchased for this year.

TTG, you are going to have to kill her.

Sure, you'll miss her, but think of the sweet, sweet basking in that BCS championship.

I think we're being a little excessive here.

All that is really required is to hit her over the head with a large skillet each Saturday, then tie her up and lock her in the closet until the game is over.

If, and only if, that doesn't work should we recommend death therapy.

I think we're being a little excessive here.

All that is really required is to hit her over the head with a large skillet each Saturday, then tie her up and lock her in the closet until the game is over.

If, and only if, that doesn't work should we recommend death therapy.

This is why I like Adler, he is always the voice of reason.

I had Indian food for lunch yesterday (Kbob N' Curry, excellent place to eat). Right before kickoff, seriously, I'm talking minutes before kickoff, a massive gut wrneching stomach shattering, indian food induced pain hit me. I sprinted to the restroom, Cam Montgomery 3&25 1st down run-style, knocking over chairs & my sons dump trucks on my way to the porcelain god. I proceeded to release a massive form that took on a shape of an ant hill, that was to my surprise, green. I knew we were going to win. Kbob & Curry every Saturday for lunch until we lose!!!

Cerebus, look behind you. Down at your feet.

Yep, you crossed the line.

It's a good thing you said something before she comes home next Tuesday... I've really taken this "don't question or second-guess the moderators" policy to heart.

I'm sure she'll thank you, too.

Keep in mind, if she dies, I'll probably have to throw a toaster in the shower next time the opportunity presents itself.

Then Tasty and I can finally be together.

So, the MGN will have two corpses to clean up after.

Since I've never seen a UNT win, I'm taking partial credit for this as well since I was all cooped up in Finance class last night. I didn't know the results until well after the game had ended. The little kiosk computers in the business buildings had a yahoo sports curse on them so I couldn't even check the score during the break.

Guest JohnDenver

I was having my wife's coworkers (SEC, Big 10 and Big 12 die-hards) over for a watching party, risky, I know. I work in my home office 98% of the time, so I rarely find the desire to shave or put on a polo shirt. I figured yesterday I would get cleaned up some for the new friends. I shaved my face, used conditioner in my hair, and put on clean clothes and a UNT polo. I decided the polo just did "feel" right and didn't want to jinx the Mean Green, so I put on a long sleeve t-shirt and my Sow cap. The look was not too "grown up", so I decided the sweat stained, misshaped, and smelly cap needed to be washed. So I washed it in the dishwasher (that is how I have heard it is done, yes?).

Later in the evening, Mrs Denver commented that she was embarrassed by my cap. Why? The SoW "logo got some green bleed through" on it.. I said that I washed it, and the new friends looked shocked, they claimed I had washed the luck out. I said, "I hope I washed the bad luck out." It felt right. I instantly knew we would win.