Rick Pitino Has Some Explaining To Do

UNTflyer

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4392828

Louisville coach Rick Pitino told police that he had consensual sex with and paid for an abortion for the woman who has been charged with trying to extort him, the Louisville Courier-Journal reported on Tuesday.

Karen Cunagin Sypher was federally charged in April with demanding cars, tuition for her children and finally $10 million. Police interviewed Pitino, who is married, regarding the incident last month, and according to the newspaper, he said that he gave the woman $3,000 to have an abortion.

Police records obtained by the Courier-Journal show that Pitino said he had sex with the then Karen Cunagin at a Louisville restaurant where he had been drinking on Aug. 1, 2003. He denied Cunagin Sypher's allegations that he raped her at the restaurant and then again later at a different location.

Pitino told police that Cunagin Sypher called him about two weeks after the initial encounter and said that she was pregnant. They arranged to meet at the condominium of Louisville strength coach Tim Sypher, whom she did not know at that time but would later marry.

According to the police report, Pitino said Cunagin Sypher had decided to get an abortion but claimed to not have health insurance. Pitino then gave her the $3,000. He told police that the two did not have sex at the condo or at any other location.

According to the report, Cunagin Sypher married Tim Sypher about six months later and, though she saw Pitino at team events, he claims there was never "any strange behavior." Cunagin Sypher and Tim Sypher are now estranged and divorce proceedings have been initiated.

We need a General Sports section.

In fact, I think we should have just made a "no politics" rule and kept the non-unt sports section.

Agreed on first suggestion, though I would hope there would be room for the miscellaneous folderol that found it's way there as well.

On second suggestion, I tend to agree, though it seemed it was more of the hyper-active political posturing, as opposed to honest give and take, that got the forum banned from itself. But, Harry gave everyone adequate warning, and it was ignored. He built this city; he can giveth and taketh away as he pleases:

[in response to the article posted: Cunagin Sypher? Wasn't that the name of one of the chicks from The Matrix? Is that even a real name????? I'm guessing they didn't meet at a Sizzler]

The thought of Pitino having public sex at a restaurant disturbs me... so many face veins... so many wild, greased hairs... such an expensive pair of crumpled pants.

Pitino and that woman.... Ugh.

It's like picturing Pat Riley nailing a leather jacket with blonde hair. In a place where people eat.

Pitino and that woman.... Ugh.

It's like picturing Pat Riley nailing a leather jacket with blonde hair. In a place where people eat.

Between that visual and Quoner's cognition-halting allusion on your blog to Della Reese, Wendy Williams, Peanut Butter, and junk, I might not be able to turn on my computer again for weeks. And in the past, that was always the place I went to for stimulation. Thanks for ruining it for me.