Yikes! $90 For A Cheese Pizza In The Cowboys Stadium

The people that could afford to go to those games may be rich... but I sure hope they aren't stupid.

I hope no one actually buys such a crappy deal. If they do, then... wow.

People don't buy stuff like this. Corporations do. It's really, really easy to spend that kind of money when it's on the corporate AMEX. That said, as God is my witness, I will NEVER go to a Dallas Cowboys game. Jerry can go shove his ego-dome where the sun don't shine far as I'm concerned.

People don't buy stuff like this. Corporations do. It's really, really easy to spend that kind of money when it's on the corporate AMEX. That said, as God is my witness, I will NEVER go to a Dallas Cowboys game. Jerry can go shove his ego-dome where the sun don't shine far as I'm concerned.

I will watch all the games from the best seat... my couch.... for free... with a $10 pizza.

Just wondering...how many Cowboy games did you go to (where you actually paid for the ticket) before the new stadium? Like you appear to be, I am not the biggest jerry Jones fan around, but unlike the government, this is private money and for-profit business. And, like the guy or not, Jerry knows how to run a professional sports team. You have to give him that.

. And, like the guy or not, Jerry knows how to ruin a professional sports team. You have to give him that.

fixed it for you.

When Jimmy Johnson was coaching...three Super Bowl wins. After Jerry completely took over....... one super bowl win (with Jimmy Johnson's guys) and no playoff wins in 13 years. The only thing I'll give him is that (like PT Barnum) he knows that there's a sucker born every day.

Just wondering...how many Cowboy games did you go to (where you actually paid for the ticket) before the new stadium? Like you appear to be, I am not the biggest jerry Jones fan around, but unlike the government, this is private money and for-profit business. And, like the guy or not, Jerry knows how to run a professional sports team. You have to give him that.

He most certainly has the right to build whatever he wants and charge whatever he wants for its use. I agree with the P.T. Barnum remark in the previous post. From where I sit, it makes the people of DFW look pretty stupid if they're going to line up and pay the prices that Jerry is asking. Just like in New York where Steinbrenner's hit a wall with his $1500 seats that nobody wants, Jerry might have met his match with his six-figure seat licenses. Sometimes the ego gets in the way of what the market will bear.

I've kinda' lost interest in professional sports in general though. I was able to save money and get box seats to baseball games as a kid. Can't do that now. I have great disdain for luxury suites too. Think back to your greatest sports memory. Odds are you were 12 years old, sitting on an aluminum bench with your dad, sucking down some frozen syrup concoction. The Cowboys threw the winning touchdown or the Rangers got the game winning hit. Now, as an adult, you don't even watch the game because you're too busy describing the merits of the hand crafted calf's leather seat upholstery in the suite over a glass of over priced Chardonnay that tastes like burnt butter. But it's ok, because your $800,000 lease agreement makes an important statement about how much better you are than those wretched unwashed masses out there in the seats watching the game who could only come up with $40,000 set licenses. Pfft! I spit in their general direction!

I started taking my daughter to McKinney Marshals games because it was the only ballpark I could find that wasn't packed with bounce houses and water slides. Now at eight years old, she can score games and discuss pitching strategies. She sat through a solid three-day weekend of double headers down at Baylor this spring, and when I asked her if she enjoyed it, she said, "You create great memories." Call me crazy, but I consider that to be a helluva lot more valuable than an air conditioned flat screen with a $90 pizza.

Edited by oldguystudent

He most certainly has the right to build whatever he wants and charge whatever he wants for its use. I agree with the P.T. Barnum remark in the previous post. From where I sit, it makes the people of DFW look pretty stupid if they're going to line up and pay the prices that Jerry is asking. Just like in New York where Steinbrenner's hit a wall with his $1500 seats that nobody wants, Jerry might have met his match with his six-figure seat licenses. Sometimes the ego gets in the way of what the market will bear.

I've kinda' lost interest in professional sports in general though. I was able to save money and get box seats to baseball games as a kid. Can't do that now. I have great disdain for luxury suites too. Think back to your greatest sports memory. Odds are you were 12 years old, sitting on an aluminum bench with your dad, sucking down some frozen syrup concoction. The Cowboys threw the winning touchdown or the Rangers got the game winning hit. Now, as an adult, you don't even watch the game because you're too busy describing the merits of the hand crafted calf's leather seat upholstery in the suite over a glass of over priced Chardonnay that tastes like burnt butter. But it's ok, because your $800,000 lease agreement makes an important statement about how much better you are than those wretched unwashed masses out there in the seats watching the game who could only come up with $40,000 set licenses. Pfft! I spit in their general direction!

I started taking my daughter to McKinney Marshals games because it was the only ballpark I could find that wasn't packed with bounce houses and water slides. Now at eight years old, she can score games and discuss pitching strategies. She sat through a solid three-day weekend of double headers down at Baylor this spring, and when I asked her if she enjoyed it, she said, "You create great memories." Call me crazy, but I consider that to be a helluva lot more valuable than an air conditioned flat screen with a $90 pizza.

This might be the post of the month. Well done sir.

Good points in your post, and I agree with them, but the fact is that pro teams don't care about Joe Sixpack any more. Period. They are selling to businesses and corporations now, and they are desiging their facilities with this in mind.

This is TEXAS! We live for football...not our mortgages, grocery bills or children's college funds! How bout em Cowboys?

Baseball is for Communists...I mean hell, they play it in Cuba!

fixed it for you.

When Jimmy Johnson was coaching...three Super Bowl wins. After Jerry completely took over....... one super bowl win (with Jimmy Johnson's guys) and no playoff wins in 13 years. The only thing I'll give him is that (like PT Barnum) he knows that there's a sucker born every day.

Not sure it affects your point, but the Cowboys won two Super Bowls with Jimmy Johnson.

Pro sports doesn't exist, price wise, so that you can afford to take your whole family......every home game. It's a business, and the market will dictate what the prices will be. Who is so stupid to think that Jerry Jones built the Cowboy Stadium and it's jacked-up prices so that you can go every other Sunday with family in tow? An average income earner couldn't do that back when they played at the Cotton Bowl. If someone can afford it, good for them. I'm happy they can so that I won't have to watch the broadcast on some pay-per-view because the game is blacked out due to a lack of attendance. And if the opportunity comes up to take the kids by way of free comp tickets or a good purchase deals on eBay etc(as has happened in the past), then there you go. Why bitch about it, and why bitch about someone else being able to afford something you can't?

Rick

fixed it for you.

[/quote

My post DID NOT NEED FIXING...mess with your own stuff and leave mine alone...there could be folks on here who think I really posted that "fix" of yours...again, like him or not the guy knows how to run a professional sports team. He owns the darn thing...it's his money...you do not have to spend a dime on anything Cowboy if you do not want to do so. The guys is making millions off the thing while other sports franchise owners are going broke or losing tons of cash every year...seems that losing money applies to Hicks and Cuban for the locals.

Yes, the record on the field the last 13 years does not include a playoff win...yet, the folks keep buying those tickets, paying to park and buying the overpriced concessions...Hmmmmmmmm...maybe the folks do it to support a team they somehow relate to and a fans of the team. Unlike many Mean Green fans (or so it seems here on the board at times) some followers of sports teams (pro or not) actually support the team regardless of record. Imagine that.

Please do not think I am a Jerry Jones fan from these comments, but bashing Jerry Jones...please......

My post DID NOT NEED FIXING...mess with your own stuff and leave mine alone...there could be folks on here who think I really posted that "fix" of yours...again, like him or not the guy knows how to run a professional sports team. He owns the darn thing...it's his money...you do not have to spend a dime on anything Cowboy if you do not want to do so. The guys is making millions off the thing while other sports franchise owners are going broke or losing tons of cash every year...seems that losing money applies to Hicks and Cuban for the locals.

Yes, the record on the field the last 13 years does not include a playoff win...yet, the folks keep buying those tickets, paying to park and buying the overpriced concessions...Hmmmmmmmm...maybe the folks do it to support a team they somehow relate to and a fans of the team. Unlike many Mean Green fans (or so it seems here on the board at times) some followers of sports teams (pro or not) actually support the team regardless of record. Imagine that.

Please do not think I am a Jerry Jones fan from these comments, but bashing Jerry Jones...please......

:lol: ...sometimes you are just sooooooooo easy... B)

I personally don't give a rats rear about Jerry Jones. He's a great promoter and salesman, but that's about it. He thrives and prospers because there are soooooo many suckers out there....but none of them are named SilverEagle. I haven't gone out of my way to bash him. I just made a comment about how unimpressed I was with how he's run the Cowboys, and at the same time annoyed you. All in about three short sentences......... or less. B)

Edited by SilverEagle

No one was more torqued over how Jones handled Coach Landry than me so I understand why some folks still hold his feet to the fire in conversations. Given that, I think he's tried very hard over the years to run his organization as fan friendly as possible. Not perfect by no means of course, but I've seen them try. However, you can't deny he's for winning and is willing to pay when he can to go after a needed player. There's currently a zillion page thread on this board full of complaints about the very same thing to which Tom Hicks, owner of the Texas Rangers, doesn't seem willing to do at a critical time of the year.

Rick

:lol: ...sometimes you are just sooooooooo easy... B)

I personally don't give a rats rear about Jerry Jones. He's a great promoter and salesman, but that's about it. He thrives and prospers because there are soooooo many suckers out there....but none of them are named SilverEagle. I haven't gone out of my way to bash him. I just made a comment about how unimpressed I was with how he's run the Cowboys, and at the same time annoyed you. All in about three short sentences......... or less. B)

The simple solution, that most of us would be happy with, is if Jerry would let the Coach's coach and have more control over the team personal. Jerry can do all the rest. If he brings in Bill Cowher next year, I would be a very happy camper.

Face it, the Cowboys are the third, maybe to fourth best team in the NFC east.

The Giants are better.

Phila is better.

That leaves Washington and Dallas. And since I think Washington is going to win the SuperBowl. Guess who I believe is the Fourth best team in the NFC East.

Face it, the Cowboys are the third, maybe to fourth best team in the NFC east.

The Giants are better.

Phila is better.

That leaves Washington and Dallas. And since I think Washington is going to win the SuperBowl. Guess who I believe is the Fourth best team in the NFC East.

Washington will win the SUPERBOWL !! I hope all this blows up in Jerry's plastic face. He has some nerve to ask people to pay $90 for a pizza to watch a team who hasn't won a playoff game in 13 f'n years !!

From the Link "Update: In the post below, we link to a story from the Lincoln Journal World's Web site that contained a number of inaccuracies.

According to the Cowboys, the 20-inch pizzas at the new stadium will cost $60, not $90 as reported. (That's the same price they were in the suites at Texas Stadium.) There will be five different types of pizza available for that price. Beer will be sold for $5.

The suites themselves will range from $100,000 to $500,000 per year. That lease will include tickets to Cowboys games, but not third-party events. "

But other than that it 100% correct!