I found this quote to be quite thought provoking. It is worth considering.

"You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."*

* Adrian Rogers, 1931*

Edited by KRAM1

"There is no winning for one coach without losing for another. Whenever you give a blowout win to one team...the other team must necessarily give up the points. When one half of the players realize they will win without having to work very hard for it, and when the other half realizes they will surrender the game without putting up much of a fight then this is necessarily the end of any great sporting event. There is no sporting enjoyment by Dodgification."

-Emmitt 2009

Both equally profound and asinine at the same time. Pure genius is you ask me.

Edited by emmitt01

"There is no winning for one coach without losing for another. Whenever you give a blowout win to one team...the other team must necessarily give up the points. When one half of the players realize they will win without having to work very hard for it, and when the other half realizes they will surrender the game without putting up much of a fight then this is necessarily the end of any great sporting event. There is no sporting enjoyment by Dodgification."

-Emmitt 2009

Interesting definition of genuis you have there Emmitt. :huh::rolleyes:

Truman Spencer has been spotted at North Texas.

Truman is back for a couple of weeks before reporting back to Training Camp. Looks like his workout buddy is the Atterberry Kid, incoming freshman. Saw them both in the weight room the last couple of days working hard and it appeared Atterberry was keeping up with Truman although it was a Mutt and Jeff picture as Truman dwarfed the new kid. I think Truman has added 20 pounds of muscle since leaving NT, that guy looks like a DE not a kicker!

• Downvote 1

Truman Spencer has been spotted at North Texas.

Truman is back for a couple of weeks before reporting back to Training Camp. Looks like his workout buddy is the Atterberry Kid, incoming freshman. Saw them both in the weight room the last couple of days working hard and it appeared Atterberry was keeping up with Truman although it was a Mutt and Jeff picture as Truman dwarfed the new kid. I think Truman has added 20 pounds of muscle since leaving NT, that guy looks like a DE not a kicker!

Not sure where you are going with this newbie echo.

Not sure where you are going with this newbie echo.

It makes as much sense in this thread as it does where it was first posted. That is all.

I make no promises for quality.

• Downvote 1

Excuse me for trying to get a hijacked thread turned back around!! I guess reverse Hijacks are prohibited!

I didn't say it wasn't good info - I was just trying to help spread the good word.

I'll give you three reasons UNT will be better any thread, any time, anywhere. I'm the Southern Miss of good news.

• Downvote 1

-Emmitt 2009

So I take it you haven't read:

51cR6WrfTkL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I found this quote to be quite thought provoking. It is worth considering.

"You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."*

* Adrian Rogers, 1931*

Good qoute Kram. Unfortunately, as the sarcams indicates, it will go unheeded by those who are so deeply in the tank with BHO.

Rick

It makes as much sense in this thread as it does where it was first posted. That is all.

I make no promises for quality.

Got your attention. Location, location, location.....

Is it just me, or is every thread in the Non-UNT sports forum pretty much a hard count to draw the other team offsides?

Yup. There are also dozens of streakers running around before the snap.

• Downvote 1

OK.....

Nice topic....Let me put this into .... mmmm football terms.

Who works harder than Riley Dodge at being a QB?

Well it must be Colt Mccoy...right? He is better and more marketable. Right? NO NO NO that won't work since Colt has more "God Given Talent" (as far as we know) So Colt is better so why did he choose UT over UNT or even Baylor....

Simple : better facilities, access to media, education(?), girls, connections, you name it UT has it. So with this model UT is a far better option than UNT. right?

OK follow along children....If UT gained this momentum by purely working hard to achieve the best program and earned their status by the truly "Conservative" approach of Winner gets to take all then I would see the fellow's point of you cannot punish the successful by just being successful.

But what if , the legislature gave....not earned but gave the $'s to fund such programs to push the team to new heights. Then what does that say about the equality of a student-athlete. They are punished just by wanting to go to a different school than the elite of that state. How can working harder overcome a 15 billion endowment? How ?

Why not give every student athlete the same money in Texas. Why not give equal access to all? Do you see what we are getting at here! Why some get more, some get less, it is all our tax dollars at work and I want my children and every parent's children to get as good access to my $ as the next.

USA has a unique opportunity to show the world what "True Capitalism" fails miserably to accomplish. That is taking care of it's weaker members of the society! Not all are blessed to be white, upper middle class, access to education. They do not choose their parents! Who as we know is a big determinate of the character of a person!

We rely on just plain old hard work and you will succeed in this country. If that were the case then you would not take so much stock in the fact that people who make above 5 million are put into a tax bracket of 38%. Because if you made that much you would want to help take care of the mentally ill, the blind, the elderly, the children of no show dead beat parents who had a child very young.

or got caught up in a bad situation.

You would want to help them. Why because if the playing field was even to begin with then you would know that those people are one's who need help.

No I am not talking about people who beat the system down! Even us libs are sick and tired of paying for them, but when corporate America stops lobbying for the rules to be in their favor and start being fiscally responsible then I will listen to your arguement!

I cannot believe you people would even consider that a teacher be taxed the same as Paris Hilton.......You should be ashamed.

Final arguement: Say you invent a car that does not use as much fossil fuel. And you don't have a Oil legislature 96-06 Rep owned the House and senate and the white house for much of that...

You earn 50,000,000 for your patent. Do you really care if you pay %25 or 38% ? Because the people who are buying your patented widget are the same people who you are helping succeed in society.

Yes I am for a consumption tax...and less gov. By the way the Gov grew by 3x as large under GW Bush. Mostly military. think about that. but you can't say 9-11...only rule.

By the way Howard Rourke from Atlas Shrugged was utterly fed up with society rules and corporate stifling of talent. He wanted to be the best he could be....I wonder how many hidden talented and gifted souls there are in inner city schools?

But no worry we's all equal now!!!! No reparations needed! Those Land owners worked hard at keeping that Cotton coming in...why should they be taxed for being so innovative!