Cowboys Practice Facility Collapses

I wasn't following any weather reports, was busy working (yes, around the yard before the sky opened up), but am wondering if there was any warning of the high winds (64 mph?) preceding this roof collapse. It seemed fairly obvious to me that some severe storms would hit here in Euless, and there was lots of rain. It would seem wise to evacuate any building that has an "inflatable roof" just based on the sky being that dark at midafternoon.

Channel 5 just showed my home video of the golf-ball sized hail. Hehehe.

You da man! I almost always watch the news on Channel 8; my wife turned to Channel 5 for some reason, and I was noticing the large hail coming down just after the collapse and while players were still looking for others who might still be in the wreckage. Say a prayer for the new special teams coach, who was reported as having a broken back.

I was doing an off duty job watching a new housing development in Talty. All the homes were in open fields and there was NO protection. I was lucky the whole day until that second wave hit at 6:55, 5 minutes before I got off duty. the sky got hella dark and there was lightning all around. As soon as I decided to leave if the lightning got any closer, a large wall cloud and a long tail in front of it passed in front of me maybe 10 miles away. Just then the sky got green and opened up. if a Tornado came I couldnt see it because the rain was being blown into the front of my car and i couldnt even see the front of my hood. The wind rocked my car and nearly blew it over and the small trees next to me were almost broken. That was the worst I have seen in a LONG time.

Anymore news on the special teams coach?

I was doing an off duty job watching a new housing development in Talty. All the homes were in open fields and there was NO protection. I was lucky the whole day until that second wave hit at 6:55, 5 minutes before I got off duty. the sky got hella dark and there was lightning all around. As soon as I decided to leave if the lightning got any closer, a large wall cloud and a long tail in front of it passed in front of me maybe 10 miles away. Just then the sky got green and opened up. if a Tornado came I couldnt see it because the rain was being blown into the front of my car and i couldnt even see the front of my hood. The wind rocked my car and nearly blew it over and the small trees next to me were almost broken. That was the worst I have seen in a LONG time.

Anymore news on the special teams coach?

i heard he had a broken verdabrea in his back...sounds serious!

Serious comment - I am glad that nobody died in this situation. With all the water and metal and with the electricity still on, there could have been fatalities. Not so serious comment - The Cowboys ought to be used to things collapsing. Their team has collapsed each December and/or January for several years now.

Sadly......one of the scouting assistants, Rich Behm........suffered an injury and is now permanently paralyzed from the waist down:

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives...-paralyzed.html

Yes, very sad. I just read that on another site before reading your post. Let's keep him and his family, also the special teams coach, in our thoughts and prayers.