Next Fiu Coach = Isiah Thomas?

greenminer

Let's put this in perspective. The CBA chugs along nicely from 1946-1999. In 1999, Isaiah Thomas comes along and buys the entire league. The whole league goes bankrupt and ceases operations 2 years later. It remains defunct until long after Thomas' departure when it is absorbed by the IBL.

So Thomas was able to destroy 55 years of successful operations in 2. Let's see what he can do with a program that already sucks.

While I think he may be successful, that my friend was brilliant. :lol:

No envy, I just think Thomas is a cancer and it is all about him. His Knicks job was a mess and he ran the CBA in the ground as their commissioner. Great for the pub to the Sun Belt, but I'm not impressed with him.

UNT was mentioned on the Ch. 8 sports last night as a member of the SunBelt as would get a visit from FIU and Thomas, so there's our 15 seconds of fame from it. As far as him as a coach, like Jarvis at FAU it takes more than just a name coach to win.

UNT was mentioned on the Ch. 8 sports last night as a member of the SunBelt as would get a visit from FIU and Thomas, so there's our 15 seconds of fame from it. As far as him as a coach, like Jarvis at FAU it takes more than just a name coach to win.

Whoa...lets not go lumping Jarvis in with Thomas. Jarvis has skins...like a Sweet 16, numerous tournament trips and multiple years of improvement with a solid, Big 6 program.

Thomas is a dill...a giant one. Rouco was a poor game coach...but its gotta piss him off to no end that he was replaced by a multiple time failure. Considering his NBA track record is much fresher on the minds of 16-18 year olds...I don't even think he has the "name" to recruit.

I don't see how this is such a bad move by FIU. They get their name in the headlines, and someone that should be able to recruit, while at the same time not having to pay him a salary.

If Isiah is a disaster, they suck. If they hired some other no-name they would probably suck as well.

I think it's a high-reward possibility for the Golden Panthers who don't have a lot to lose.

Getting Isiah Thomas to coach your team definately has to be better than what you had, not too mention the increased ticket sales because of him and kids that might want to play for him. Then throw in that you don't have to pay him for the first year and I would say that was a homerun hire, at the very least for 2 years.

header18full.jpg

Mike! Mike! Mike!

Mike! Mike! Mike! hahahahaha...

The only bad thing is we play FIU on dec 20th when most students are gone....i might drive up from my grandparents near college station if i can find on of my friends to crash at there place!

I dont wanna miss FIU or Isiah! Isiah! Isiah!