Catching Up With Gio

Brett Vito

And what does that say about Dodge and his eye for recruiting QB talent?

Nothing. Do you really expect a quarterback from UNT to transfer to a Big 12 school and compete for a starting position? Sorry, not going to happen, our talent level is a long way from that. Remember, Gio was recruited by Nevada, and not Big 12 schools. He was a great high school player, and that sometimes does not translate into even a good college player. Hey, he gave his best while he was here, but to think that him not competing for the starting job at A&M is reflection of Coach Dodge's eye for talent is incorrect. I don't look for him to have any big games on Thanksgiving night anytime soon.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can give two craps about this story or Gio's commentary. He's dead to me. Bye.

The future is now.

If you think Gio was at the top of Dodge's QB recruit list you are a idiot, Gio was the best he was able to get to UNT. Dodge can evaluate talent at the QB position without a doubt but Identifying it isn't the problem, convincing that #1 thru #25 guy to come to your school is the issue. This goes for all positions so get off his butt! You pansies dissing on dodge all the time talk about the talent level and his ability to coach it without even acknowledging the fact that he has to coach the best athletes he can get to UNT. Gio will not play QB at A&M or any other BCS school, mark my words, I doubt that he even progresses past a walkon if he enrolls at a BCS school. Gio performed ok at UNT, not great, and no the problems were not just his but he was part of the problem. I saw lots of improvement between his Freshman and Sophomore years and I attribute at least some of that to Dodge's mentoring.

This mess started long before Dodge got to UNT and he is doing what he can to clean up the mess of the previous administration. Get Real, 2 recruiting classes doesn't even get a program started and if you know anything about sports you know these are the facts. Dodge is not a High School coach, he is a DI college head coach, everytime you state otherwise you are knocking your own guys, nice support. I'm not a kool-aid drinker but Dodge played big time college football and knows what it takes to bring this program up from the level it has been for at least the last 4 years. I'm giving him some time and I will support UNT Athletics in mind, action, and money with the hope, and I stress HOPE, that the program advances and everyone should do the same. I do not know if the pessimists on this board were personal friends of DD or just drank his kool-aid. I have great respect for DD and know much about him both past and present but the truth is UNT was falling fast before he left. Dodge couldn't care less about what you negative morons think of him because he knows that is not the meat and potatos of UNT support. You act like you support the program but if your actions are anywhere close to what you message on these boards, your one of the reasons keeping the program down. Grades and character are a starting point and I believe the talent level will be much better this upcoming year. Will it translate to a winning record, don't know but it has happened before. You guys sound like a bunch of spoiled High School brats that aren't getting their way, tough the world isn't made just to make you feel good contrary to your opinion of yourself.

Go Mean Green!

If you think Gio was at the top of Dodge's QB recruit list you are a idiot, Gio was the best he was able to get to UNT. Dodge can evaluate talent at the QB position without a doubt but Identifying it isn't the problem, convincing that #1 thru #25 guy to come to your school is the issue. This goes for all positions so get off his butt! You pansies dissing on dodge all the time talk about the talent level and his ability to coach it without even acknowledging the fact that he has to coach the best athletes he can get to UNT. Gio will not play QB at A&M or any other BCS school, mark my words, I doubt that he even progresses past a walkon if he enrolls at a BCS school. Gio performed ok at UNT, not great, and no the problems were not just his but he was part of the problem. I saw lots of improvement between his Freshman and Sophomore years and I attribute at least some of that to Dodge's mentoring.

This mess started long before Dodge got to UNT and he is doing what he can to clean up the mess of the previous administration. Get Real, 2 recruiting classes doesn't even get a program started and if you know anything about sports you know these are the facts. Dodge is not a High School coach, he is a DI college head coach, everytime you state otherwise you are knocking your own guys, nice support. I'm not a kool-aid drinker but Dodge played big time college football and knows what it takes to bring this program up from the level it has been for at least the last 4 years. I'm giving him some time and I will support UNT Athletics in mind, action, and money with the hope, and I stress HOPE, that the program advances and everyone should do the same. I do not know if the pessimists on this board were personal friends of DD or just drank his kool-aid. I have great respect for DD and know much about him both past and present but the truth is UNT was falling fast before he left. Dodge couldn't care less about what you negative morons think of him because he knows that is not the meat and potatos of UNT support. You act like you support the program but if your actions are anywhere close to what you message on these boards, your one of the reasons keeping the program down. Grades and character are a starting point and I believe the talent level will be much better this upcoming year. Will it translate to a winning record, don't know but it has happened before. You guys sound like a bunch of spoiled High School brats that aren't getting their way, tough the world isn't made just to make you feel good contrary to your opinion of yourself. Go on and flame all you want in your feable attempts to feed you own egos. No matter what you write you still are a no name loser degrading others just to help you feel better about yourself.

Go Mean Green!

Usual rant from someone new to the board.

If you don't like the board, don't read it. Simple as that. If you don't expect bitching after the 2 seasons we just had, then you ain't a fan, you're a relative.

Get real, we went 1-11. If Dodge wants a trophy just for trying, then i suggest T-ball. Otherwise quit bitchin at the fans for the problems of this program. If a message board is the reason we're struggling, we got bigger problems than we all thought.

By the way, nice rant.....but i didn't see you leave your name.

Damn, I am sorry but this team miss him as as a player, leader and all around hardest working member on this team.

I see it everyday. I hear it still everyday. This guy had such charisma in the lockeroom and especially in the weight room. He would challenge his DB's everyday to life and put out as hard as he could. He would get in their face during all one on one drills. He was a coaches dream player. Gio and Craig would battle everyday on anything. Gio was not a QB to these guys he was something more important than that.

That is why Dodge was in a shock. Dodge got Gio to come to UNT over a slew of mid majors with twice the programs that we have so please don't tell me Dodge doesn't want Gio here anymore.

The funny thing is you can already tell what is happening over here in the training room. The next time you loyal alumni see this kid, you will be amazed at the size of his head, the acne, and all the obvious of PRESSURE TO WIN NOW.

There are a few players of interest whose head's look like Barry Bonds. In just a matter of months, everyone knows. UNBELIEVABLE what is happening in side the halls at Victory.

Clean face kid has in head looking like a melon with bad acne. HMMM. Can you say pressure to win? We will win more games. We got some nice players now in the lockeroom that look like they can play. We will win 4 games but it won't be enough. RV is under the gun, he is not the jovial AD of past. I think DR. B has her hand on the pulse of this team now.

Interesting rumor now has the entire coaching staff under the same random drug testing as the players which was generated by who?

It has to be coming from the top of the top. WE WILL SOME GAMES, no doubt. A couple of these dudes can run routes and have more speed than we have ever had. Juice is the talk of the table now though. Juice is a sign of cheaters and those who can't do it through hard work.

Edited by UNT2012

The funny thing is you can already tell what is happening over here in the training room. The next time you loyal alumni see this kid, you will be amazed at the size of his head, the acne, and all the obvious of PRESSURE TO WIN NOW.

There are a few players of interest whose head's look like Barry Bonds. In just a matter of months, everyone knows. UNBELIEVABLE what is happening in side the halls at Victory.

Clean face kid has in head looking like a melon with bad acne.

Breaking news here... athletes use steroids. I also hear they drink water and breathe air.

The funny thing is you can already tell what is happening over here in the training room.

Way I hear it, the kids are complaining about having to work so hard under the new S&C coach. I see this as a good thing.

The next time you loyal alumni see this kid, you will be amazed at the size of his head, the acne, and all the obvious of PRESSURE TO WIN NOW.

Which kid?

There are a few players of interest whose head's look like Barry Bonds.

Accusations like this and you're not gonna' name names?

In just a matter of months, everyone knows.

Sounds like a marketing tag for a bad 80s movie.

UNBELIEVABLE what is happening in side the halls at Victory.

REALLY? I BELIEVE!

Clean face kid has in head looking like a melon with bad acne. HMMM. Can you say pressure to win? We will win more games. We got some nice players now in the lockeroom that look like they can play.

If I were taking my technical writing course right now, I'd cite redundancy and repetition.

We will win 4 games but it won't be enough.

By who's measure?

RV is under the gun, he is not the jovial AD of past.

Do you talk to RV? Seems like the same nice guy to me. Go to tonight's basketball game and see if he doesn't go through personally thanking people for their support.

I think DR. B has her hand on the pulse of this team now.

Now that one's just too easy. I'll leave it alone.

Interesting rumor now has the entire coaching staff under the same random drug testing as the players which was generated by who?

Drug testing for everybody, coaches included, Dodge getting bent out of shape over a few joints, and you're making wild accusations of rampant steroid use?

It has to be coming from the top of the top.

RonPaulTinFoilHat2.jpg

WE WILL SOME GAMES, no doubt.

Good God man. Settle down. You sound like these guys.

Ll-lia-FEIY

A couple of these dudes can run routes and have more speed than we have ever had.

Good. That would have nothing to do with harder training would it?

Juice is the talk of the table now though. Juice is a sign of cheaters and those who can't do it through hard work.

I like orange juice.

I'm confused. Enigmatic post. Thanks geraldo.

Edited by DirtySavage

Damn, I am sorry but this team miss him as as a player, leader and all around hardest working member on this team.

I see it everyday. I hear it still everyday. This guy had such charisma in the lockeroom and especially in the weight room. He would challenge his DB's everyday to life and put out as hard as he could. He would get in their face during all one on one drills. He was a coaches dream player. Gio and Craig would battle everyday on anything. Gio was not a QB to these guys he was something more important than that.

That is why Dodge was in a shock. Dodge got Gio to come to UNT over a slew of mid majors with twice the programs that we have so please don't tell me Dodge doesn't want Gio here anymore.

Clean face kid has in head looking like a melon with bad acne. HMMM. Can you say pressure to win? We will win more games. We got some nice players now in the lockeroom that look like they can play. We will win 4 games but it won't be enough. RV is under the gun, he is not the jovial AD of past. I think DR. B has her hand on the pulse of this team now.

It has to be coming from the top of the top. WE WILL SOME GAMES, no doubt. A couple of these dudes can run routes and have more speed than we have ever had. Juice is the talk of the table now though. Juice is a sign of cheaters and those who can't do it through hard work.

You know, if everything in Victory Hall goes so much against your morals and values, then why don't you leave? Better yet, if you are so concerned, then be a man and help stop it, go to Dr. B yourself. No, you want to come here, hide, and spread stuff that you can't even come close to backing up.

This mess started long before Dodge got to UNT and he is doing what he can to clean up the mess of the previous administration. Get Real, 2 recruiting classes doesn't even get a program started and if you know anything about sports you know these are the facts. Dodge is not a High School coach, he is a DI college head coach, everytime you state otherwise you are knocking your own guys, nice support. I'm not a kool-aid drinker but Dodge played big time college football and knows what it takes to bring this program up from the level it has been for at least the last 4 years. I'm giving him some time and I will support UNT Athletics in mind, action, and money with the hope, and I stress HOPE, that the program advances and everyone should do the same. I do not know if the pessimists on this board were personal friends of DD or just drank his kool-aid. I have great respect for DD and know much about him both past and present but the truth is UNT was falling fast before he left. Dodge couldn't care less about what you negative morons think of him because he knows that is not the meat and potatos of UNT support. You act like you support the program but if your actions are anywhere close to what you message on these boards, your one of the reasons keeping the program down. Grades and character are a starting point and I believe the talent level will be much better this upcoming year. Will it translate to a winning record, don't know but it has happened before. You guys sound like a bunch of spoiled High School brats that aren't getting their way, tough the world isn't made just to make you feel good contrary to your opinion of yourself.

Go Mean Green!

THANK YOU AND WELCOME ABOARD!

I won't even comment on Vito still chasing Vizza.

But I will comment on the juicing.

Its rampart throughout SLC and this has followed him here.

Dodge will allow anthing that will make him keep his job and his ego.

Its obvious who this football player or student is referring to. Look at the guy right now compared to last season. His head is huge and weight gain in not real for a kid whose body is built like that.

I won't even comment on Vito still chasing Vizza.

But I will comment on the juicing.

Its rampart throughout SLC and this has followed him here.

Dodge will allow anthing that will make him keep his job and his ego.

Its obvious who this football player or student is referring to. Look at the guy right now compared to last season. His head is huge and weight gain in not real for a kid whose body is built like that.

Well Nautique, the way most of our linemen looked in their street clothes at the football banquet, our guys need to be at least eating wheaties. And by the way, what do you have to back up your Southlake accusations? Oh thats right, nothing.

I find the "allegations" of "juice" a bit hard to believe. Until I find anything to the contarary that can be substantiated I will ignore these type of unverified allegations. I find this type of stuff (unverified allegations of wrong doing) troubling and wonder what motivation one has in posting same.

Really? I didn't know this team had had a game since Gio left. Leader? True leaders don't just up and dump on their team.

Why is his daddy talking to ATM coaches? I thought he "lost his love for the game" Guess he found it.

Those who are carelessly flinging allegations of illegal substances based on "inside knowledge" should tap the brakes and keep one thing in mind: Courts have ruled that Internet posters are not immune from libel laws, and that the authorities can force admins to reveal their identities. The Constitution protects free speech, but it doesn't protect a poster's confidentiality. When a poster starts insinuating that a readily identifiable individual has done something morally or legally wrong, he ventures into risky territory. The legal term is reckless disregard for the truth.

So blast away at a program or the public performance of individuals, but slow down when addressing those individuals' character.

Those who are carelessly flinging allegations of illegal substances based on "inside knowledge" should tap the brakes and keep one thing in mind: Courts have ruled that Internet posters are not immune from libel laws, and that the authorities can force admins to reveal their identities. The Constitution protects free speech, but it doesn't protect a poster's confidentiality. When a poster starts insinuating that a readily identifiable individual has done something morally or legally wrong, he ventures into risky territory. The legal term is reckless disregard for the truth.

So blast away at a program or the public performance of individuals, but slow down when addressing those individuals' character.

If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit!

I think you are correct on the legal issue and agree with you on the issue of addressing individual character. I am curious, however, what risk one takes by posting malicious (of which accusing one of a crime is per se malice). So first, the person (a public figure) has to file a complaint with the proper authorities. Then somebody has to actually take action on the complaint, come to gmg.com and sopeona the poster's identity. But what if the poster registered as "Dick Plummer" with an email address of "ihateallthingsunt@yahoo.com" and did so using a computer at a public library? How far do you think people would go to track down someone's identity in something like this? Since libel is a civil matter, not too many lawyers are going to go after an anonymous poster without knowing how solvent he is.

Edited by oldguystudent