New Orleans Game Thursday

KRAM1

OK, can we get a crowd out for this Thursday's game against UNO? My bride and I will be there. Who else is planning on attending? If you are a student...PLEASE...PLEASE bring some student friends with you (who usually do not attend). They will get in FREE so "no economic pain" is involved. It's a "week night", so no missing that big Saturday date in Dallas/Ft. Worth, etc. It will be over in plenty of time to study for any exam that might be on the agenda for Friday, etc., etc. Can we make this a "no excuses" game and get out and watch the Mean Green beat UNO?

Now, season ticket holders...BE THERE, or PLEASE get your tickets into the hands of someone who will be able to attend. NO EMPTY "season ticket" seats for this one, OK? And, while you are at it, invite some friends along. You just never know when the "basketball bug" might bite them and they become season ticket holders.

Question to the students out there in GMG.Com-land. Are these games publicized anywhere around campus? Is there any organized effort at all to get a student turnout? The Pit Crew is great, and it is time and time again the same students who make up our wonderful Pit Crew at home games. They could use some help in making noise and in having a good time. I LOVE the Pit Crew...but they need new members. JOIN!

Only three home games left. Thursday night and then next Thursday and Saturday. UNT needs these wins at home. WE can all help them get the W's by turning out and supporting the team. Crowd noise does make a difference. When the players see a "larger than normal" crowd they really feel good and it shows in their play.

Crowds have been fairly decent the last couple of home games, but WE CAN DO MORE!!!! It is a bargain and tons of fun to watch. Heck the Dance Team, Cheerleaders, Pep Band, Scrappy and the guys that sweep the floor at half-time are worth the price of admission by themselves.

SEE you at the game THURSDAY at 7PM.

WHO IS GOING TO BE AT THE GAME?????

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who else? Will we be the only two there? ha! Come on, let's get everyone out for the game Thursday.

OK, I have to ask this question of Flyer...Flyer, do you "work" the games...doing a play by play? Just wondering. I may be behind the times here, but that would not be a surprise to anyone who knows me.

Who else? Will we be the only two there? ha! Come on, let's get everyone out for the game Thursday.

OK, I have to ask this question of Flyer...Flyer, do you "work" the games...doing a play by play? Just wondering. I may be behind the times here, but that would not be a surprise to anyone who knows me.

I am usually at the home games, only missed the previous game so far this season.

Myself and at least one friend will be there.

Hoping for a big crowd.

No excuses on the long drive either. I work SE of downtown Dallas, and I'm still able to get up there for a 7 PM tip.

Here's a hint: If you hear about a wreck or just bad traffic on 35E in the south Denton/Corinth area, you can exit Swisher road (FM 2181) and take a left. It curves around and comes right back to 35E at Loop 288. I've saved quite a bit of time going that way if traffic is bad.

Edited by BonfireBrian

BonfireBrian...many thanks for making the effort and the drive to make the game tonight...and in bringing some friends. I know the drive can be a "challenge" at times as I have commuted from Denton to Dallas or Bedford to work for over 25 years of my career. And, after leaving work right in the middle of "rush hour" I still made the games. But, it was tough and more than a few times I questioned my sanity. At least, I did not have the loner drive home after the game. But, it is great to have you and your friends at the game. I applaud you and everyone who makes the effort to attend. It amazes me how many "excuses" I hear from students and "townies" as to why the simply cannot make the games...and here you make the long drive round-trip. Many thanks...GO MEAN GREEN!