Recruits Looking At Nt...

BIG DAWG

1. Tailgating at NT is AWESOME! People bring out tents, grills, bands perform, kids have an area to run crazy and get started as a Mean Green fan at an early age.

2. Many of us can remember Nov. 16, 2002, ripping down goal posts on our way to the 2nd of 4 New Orleans Bowls, and a victory over Cincinnatti 24-19.

3. The annual Kickoff Cookout gives players and coaches and opportunity to meet and talk about the upcoming season. This event improves every year.

4. Who can forget the flyover during the Navy game...Fouts Field in its final years can still hold a lot of cheering fans.

5. How many of you have a Brandon Kennedy bobble head? Who said we don't have big time players here at UNT?

I now know recruits read this board. I, as many of you bleed green, and can admit being frustrated with our current state, and I am the first to admit that I would love to be winning conference championships again, but we need to be able to let people know the reason we get so riled up is because we want to see this thing get back to the good days.

Recruits and other people are coming on this board making assumptions that we aren't behind this program, and in turn don't support the team. I know this is the furthest thing from the truth. I am not calling for "peaches and cream" on this board, this is a place to vent and discuss things, but we can have some talk about some of the GREAT things going on here, and discuss some of the GREAT memories here, some of those memories reletively recent.

We can talk about the positive things we are looking forward to. Heck the Spring game is now something that we all plan around and tailgate...it is an event now as it should be.

There are plenty of threads out there to vent...I have posted on some of those threads myself, and will probably post again, but lets save this one for the recruits that are looking on this board for something to get fired up about NT Football.

Edited by BIG DAWG

Remember we have some guys sitting on the fence...some guys that could really help this program as we try to get this thing going...there are a lot of good things going on here that we all as fans can get these guys fired up about...we should be able to get this thread rolling!

I have my Brandon Kennedy bobble head proudly displayed in my office window overlooking the cubicle area.

A few more things that make UNT attractive IMO:

6. Denton's cool eclectic scene. Or if that's not their thing, Dallas is just a half hour down the road.

7. Arguably UNT's most highly touted and anticipated recruit to likely start at quarterback next year coming off a red shirt season.

8. Opportunity to break in a new state of the art football stadium.

9. Third largest university in Texas (ahead of Texas Tech, Baylor, etc.). Therefore, more tail.

I agree - UNT offers a lot of positives! Denton is a great place to go to school from a location perspective (close to Dallas and Fort Worth). It gives you a small town feel that is close to big metropolitan cities. From an educational, career perspective you have close access to interships at some of the biggest and best corporations in the world. You have access to a great education in many various fields, as well as an active social life with numerous campus organizations and fraternities and spirit organizations. The women are some of the prettiest you will ever see. The fans truly support this program and it is only going to get better with time and success. The fans are hungry for success and players that contribute to that success. You have a chance to be a hero here. The campus growth has been phenomenal (we are the 4th largest college in Texas now) and a new stadium and law school are not far away. I feel like coming to North Texas you have a chance to be part of something that will be very special. I think recruits will be able to look back and say they were a part of something and not just a number. GMG!

For the recruits considering North Texas I would like to furnish some information on the players you will be playing alongside when you sign with UNT.

The 08 NT outrecruiting class (really Coach Dodges 1st....his 07 class was assembled in less than 1 month after he was employed at NT) . The 08 recruiting class was more highly rated than TCU and SMU in the DFW metro plex and among the best among mid-major schools. NT started and played a lot of true freshmen last year who are now ready to mesch with this years star rated recruiting class to turn our football program around. Examples of the quality players you will be joining ...9 of these players had over 70 offers among them and they were from the Big 12, Big 10, PAC,SEC and Big East calibar schools. Another measure of quality is the 7 -3* players that commited to North Texas in 08.

This trend is continuing in NT's 09 recruiting class that you will be a part of already which has 5-3* players committed,

NT's returning players you will join with:

OL 10 returning OL who will be augmented by a returning starter who was injured last year and didn't play, a JC OL that redshirted last year and one 3* JC OT that has already signed with UNT for Spring enrollment. This should give our offense increased protection for passing and openings for our running game.

Our offense will be joined by 4 quality redshirted Wide receivers and two JC wide receivers who will replace graduating seniors at this position who will improve our passing offense.

The quality of our returning players, the additions already committed to NT and you...one of the quality players who are considering signing with UNT will find a much improved offense and defense play. You will be surprised at the quality of players that are considering UNT and we look forward to you joining us next year.

Recruits looking at North Texas-

I see the Phd of Recruting, Old Timer, knows alot more right now about the

2009 class. OT has secrets that he cannot report, regarding players that are

commited to North Texas! I can not wait to see the final results for the class!

Can you give us a hint? Just alittle something? Pretty please!

For the NT recruits, going to school at NT is very special. The people, the

campus, the life style, the bonding of students, the friends that you will

make, the whole Mean Green experience will make you proud to be

part of a great family! The North Texas family is a commitment to you!

The number one word that comes to my mind is opportunity!

Opportunity to make NT football history. Opportunity to contribute right

away. Opportunity to be the future. Opportunity to earn the degree that

you want. Opportunity that will open doors for you, for your entire life!

I could have gone to other schools, but I chose North Texas!

I am so ever thankful for for making the right choice!

Charlie

What you don't see in print at this time is that NT will be coming up with some major recruits before the recruiting season signing day that will surprise our fans and give NT supporters the hope we need to turn this program around.

I hope your right, we could really use some good news.

Folks I was not spinning a web about NT's prospects for the upcoming football season. Our recruiting so far has commits from 5 -3* JC players and all of our known commits can help the team.

What you don't see in print at this time is that NT will be coming up with some major recruits before the recruiting season signing day that will surprise our fans and give NT supporters the hope we need to turn this program around.

The positive things I posted in my original post are fact...we do have the top 10 OL returning, Drake a starter and all conference player, is returning after injury, we do have a 3* OT coming in, we do have a red shirt JC OT that should be in shape to contribute ie our OL will provide better protection for our QB and open holes for our RB's.

We have signed 2 JC WR and we do have 4 quality WR redshirts that can step in to help our offense.

We do have a group of current freshmen that have earned their spurs last year and with the experience should contribute much more this season. With the coming recruits not posted yet, you will see our defense improve significantly (sp?) next year. DeLoach is a very good defensive coach with a proven track record of highly ranked nationally defensive play and with the experience our freshmen had last year and with the new recruits we will see a major improvement in defense.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about this year's group...the known and the unknown. However, I have to say that I haven't been very impressed with their assessment of previous JC talent. The aforementioned "redshirt JC OL" is the prime example. We don't have any idea about his skills, or toughness, as an O-lineman. All we know is that he took a redshirt year because he was too fat. <_<

Is Wik still open on the downtwon square? That was one of the best candle shops I ever stepped into...they had a chamomile and rosemary scented candle that I just loved...I know it sounds like an odd combination but it really worked.

Hope its still open. Recruits still like candles, right?

Is Wik still open on the downtwon square? That was one of the best candle shops I ever stepped into...they had a chamomile and rosemary scented candle that I just loved...I know it sounds like an odd combination but it really worked.

Hope its still open. Recruits still like candles, right?

There's also a smaller WIK now open in the mall.

Lets not forget the greatest ice cream on the face of the universe!!!! Beth Marie's on the square is the place to be.

I've also heard that RJ's might be opening back up sometime in the near future!!1!

1. Tailgating at NT is AWESOME! People bring out tents, grills, bands perform, kids have an area to run crazy and get started as a Mean Green fan at an early age.

2. Many of us can remember Nov. 16, 2002, ripping down goal posts on our way to the 2nd of 4 New Orleans Bowls, and a victory over Cincinnatti 24-19.

3. The annual Kickoff Cookout gives players and coaches and opportunity to meet and talk about the upcoming season. This event improves every year.

4. Who can forget the flyover during the Navy game...Fouts Field in its final years can still hold a lot of cheering fans.

5. How many of you have a Brandon Kennedy bobble head? Who said we don't have big time players here at UNT?

I now know recruits read this board. I, as many of you bleed green, and can admit being frustrated with our current state, and I am the first to admit that I would love to be winning conference championships again, but we need to be able to let people know the reason we get so riled up is because we want to see this thing get back to the good days.

Recruits and other people are coming on this board making assumptions that we aren't behind this program, and in turn don't support the team. I know this is the furthest thing from the truth. I am not calling for "peaches and cream" on this board, this is a place to vent and discuss things, but we can have some talk about some of the GREAT things going on here, and discuss some of the GREAT memories here, some of those memories reletively recent.

We can talk about the positive things we are looking forward to. Heck the Spring game is now something that we all plan around and tailgate...it is an event now as it should be.

There are plenty of threads out there to vent...I have posted on some of those threads myself, and will probably post again, but lets save this one for the recruits that are looking on this board for something to get fired up about NT Football.

The free beer is the best.......well maybe not.......the belly button girls at the SMU game may have been the best.

Without reading what has already been posted.

1. Beautiful campus with continuing improvements.

2. Great rec center with a ton of amenities.

3. Dancers, NT Angels, and well, just about any NT girl is pretty hot :)

4. Bonfire

5. Playing the last game in our current stadium and playing the first game in a new one. Which will be great new stadium

6. New Orleans as a garaunteed bowl destination for being the conference champ

7. Ability to play and contribute right away

8. Tailgating

9. Tight network of alumni who pretty much know everyone on the team and tailgate together.

10. Fans who try to make as many road games as possible, and who have been known to out cheer the home team

11. Denton is growing and has plenty of entertainment options.

12. Close to Dallas and Ft Worth for entertainment

13. 2001 - 2004 New Orleans Bowls

14. 2001 NMSU game. Driving out there on the bus, being treated like crap from the Athletic Dept, having 2 campus police threaten to arrest all 300+ NT fans, the biased PA guy, the last minute drive, and the game winning TD with 18 seconds left and then dogpiling each other at the bottom of the section.

15. 2002 NMSU game. Winning the SBC at home and tearing down the goalposts. Did anyone ever find it?

16. Lighting the tower after a win.

17. Some really nice apartments in Denton.

18. Good food in Denton

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!

Without reading what has already been posted.

1. Beautiful campus with continuing improvements.

2. Great rec center with a ton of amenities.

3. Dancers, NT Angels, and well, just about any NT girl is pretty hot :)

4. Bonfire

5. Playing the last game in our current stadium and playing the first game in a new one. Which will be great new stadium

6. New Orleans as a garaunteed bowl destination for being the conference champ

7. Ability to play and contribute right away

8. Tailgating

9. Tight network of alumni who pretty much know everyone on the team and tailgate together.

10. Fans who try to make as many road games as possible, and who have been known to out cheer the home team

11. Denton is growing and has plenty of entertainment options.

12. Close to Dallas and Ft Worth for entertainment

13. 2001 - 2004 New Orleans Bowls

14. 2001 NMSU game. Driving out there on the bus, being treated like crap from the Athletic Dept, having 2 campus police threaten to arrest all 300+ NT fans, the biased PA guy, the last minute drive, and the game winning TD with 18 seconds left and then dogpiling each other at the bottom of the section.

15. 2002 NMSU game. Winning the SBC at home and tearing down the goalposts. Did anyone ever find it?

16. Lighting the tower after a win.

17. Some really nice apartments in Denton.

18. Good food in Denton

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!

This is a terrific list Rudy. Thanks for sharing this. Brought back some good memories. Potential recruits need to know that Denton and UNT is a great place to be, especially when things get turned around in 2009. They can be a major part of that turnaround.

Awesome is a bit overused these days. It's the BEST drum line........ANYWHERE.

If only the first line would perform with the GB on game day again.

well... I was just expanding on what GBD posted; sorry if I wasn't imaginative enough. :) How about:

And our drum line blows every one else's off the field!

If only the first line would perform with the GB on game day again.

don't quite know what you're getting at here...