Music Selection On 4th And 21 To Go...end Of The 4th

Bundy

Not sure if everyone else noticed....but with about a minute to play on the last offensive play of the game....who ever decided to play "Brown Eyed Girl" to get the crowd pumped up on 4th and 21 should be fired....

We know you have Thunderstruck or Welcome to the Jungle or some other song to get us all going....but no, this person plays Brown Eyed Girl....GEEEZZZ....Why dont you break out "Why Cant We Be Friends" next time.....

Guest JohnDenver

I dunno...

When they played Bohemian Rhapsody on an important 3rd down (and all during the timeout), the team responded well to a song about "wishing I've never been born at all..."

As much as we criticize them for making too much noise when we are on offense, Texas had the same problems with coordination Thursday night and it didn't phase them. I think people are just getting dumber across the board.

Sat on the student side for this game, and I thought the band was fantastic. I may be favoring them because I think the band director is hilarious (usually puts on a better show than what's on the field) and I was within hearing distance of his loudspeakers.

The band was great and Scrappy was great again, too. There were a few guys in the stands who were trying to lead a "Mean Green" chant while Brock Stickler was laid out, but it was because they were unaware of the injury.

I think I actually said the same thing. "Now THAT'S going to get the crowd pumped up." I've also got a problem with "Hey Baby." A great song, but one that shouldn't be played unless and until the game is firmly in hand. We shouldn't have heard it at all this year.

I have never stayed for an entire college or high school game where "Hey, Baby" was not played. My wife asked me what "Hey Baby" has to do with football, and I didn't really have a clue. Could anyone provide some insight as to how this became such a universal part of the band repertoire at football games?

I have never stayed for an entire college or high school game where "Hey, Baby" was not played. My wife asked me what "Hey Baby" has to do with football, and I didn't really have a clue. Could anyone provide some insight as to how this became such a universal part of the band repertoire at football games?

Never mind; this reveals my recent conversion to UNT football fandom from being mostly a UNT basketball fan as an undergraduate. The first link shows the Fort Worth connection (something which a lot of quality music has). The second gives it's more recent cover, and how it became used in the World Cup, as well as American Style football.

About the original "Hey Baby"

About the "Hey Baby" Cover, and it becoming a football anthem.

Edited by eulessismore