If Todd Dodge Got Fired...

MeanGreenZen

Depends on his level of shame and if he didn't piss off/offend all the college coaches with his 'coaching is coaching' comment. I think UNT was the only school that would have taken a chance on him as head coach, but others were thinking he could have hacked it as a position coach a la Big Bill a coupla years ago.

High school? Yeah, there is a market for a proven winning HS head coach with back to back to back to back NC's.

would he continue to try to prove himself at the college level by taking an offensive coordinator position at a D1 school? Could he even still get such a gig? Or would he target some one-school high school town where he could chase more state championships?

Useless post...he has a 5 year contract and we know he will be back next year.....While we lost to Ark State NT played them to the end and looked good. Dodge played every Senior for a series including Meager and Phillips at QB. Chad Rose..others? Nice touch

Useless post...he has a 5 year contract and we know he will be back next year.....While we lost to Ark State NT played them to the end and looked good. Dodge played every Senior for a series including Meager and Phillips at QB. Chad Rose..others? Nice touch

I still wonder why most of those Seniors have not been playing all along. <_<

Gotta question putting in Phillips when we were down by 2.

Flyer, I think he was just trying to give these guys some playing time as it was their last time to suit up for a football game...just as many on this board wanting him to. I think at this point, and our record, it was the right thing to do. I think it is a little late to start worrying about momentum next year. That happens with 2 or 3 victories at the end of a season.

I respect the hell outta that move. He promised Dan and Matt that they'd each get the third possession of the half. It would've been very easy to go back on that promise with the game being as competitive as it was.

Useless post...he has a 5 year contract and we know he will be back next year.....

There are two ways he could be gone before next year. You may be sure, but I haven't ruled either of them out yet.

Not saying that either is likely at this point, but I do think that both are likelier than many recognize.

In his post game interview, Todd said he told Meager he'd play the 3rd series of the game and told Philips he'd play the 3rd series of the second half no matter the score. He said he played every Senior, although I think he qualified it with "who wanted to play" so someone might not have.

Which AD in college football would sign a HS football coach to a five-year contract????? Seriously....

As far as Dodge's future he would never have a future in D-1 football after these past two seasons....

If Dodge loves Denton so much that he could be a coach at Denton High School, I think they had a 1-8 season.

Edited by UNT_playmaker

If Dodge were canned someone would hire him. Look Mendoza landed on his feet. So did Dennis Parker.

The best route for Dodge would have been the same route Art Briles took. Assistant at a Big 12 school, then head coach at a mid-major to prove himself. Maybe Briles would hire him. Maybe June Jones would.

...or, maybe Bill Parcells would take him in Miami to coach TEs, right?

Wherever he goes, he needs to learn about the offensive and defensive lines and their roles in games played above the high school level.

Flyer, I think he was just trying to give these guys some playing time as it was their last time to suit up for a football game...just as many on this board wanting him to. I think at this point, and our record, it was the right thing to do. I think it is a little late to start worrying about momentum next year. That happens with 2 or 3 victories at the end of a season.

Is it just me, or did Vizza play a little better when he got those little breaks for Meager and Phillips to come in? Of course, late in the game, it became the Cam Montgomery show for us.

He's done well for himself financially in his years of coaching so I am pretty sure he will be able to put bread and butter on his table every night. I wouldn't be surprised if a D1AA school or a D2 school wanted to go after him and offer a HC job. I am just of the opinion that he is just not cut out for D1A college football as a HC...atleast not right now and not at NT.