Jackson State

Buford_Julep

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there was a good crowd there for all the students being gone.. If students were still in town, the crowd could have easily been 4000

Really? It sounded very empty....maybe everyone just sat on their hands. It was like a morgue during the broadcast, I was guessing less than 1K.

I'm very impressed with our 4-1 start. JJ has really added a lot of athleticism to this year's team with Odufuwa, Johnson and Tramiel.

I was thrilled that McCoy got extended minutes tonight. (or it seemed he played more---I haven't seen the stats).

Now, on to Houston Saturday....and then two big home games next week (SHSU on the 3rd; NMSU on the 6th).

Way to go, Mean Green!

Josh White had a 7/1 assist/turnover ratio tonight! His scoring was down, but I'll take this in place of extra 5 or 10 points... we have plenty of scorers... we need a field general.

Also, Dominique Johnson is a pimp. He shoots lights out and is extremely fast.

Edited by chrisfisher

Jackson State was a very athletic team and a good matchup for us. They were picked as the pre-season SWAC favorite. We held their top scorer below his average but were out rebounded as a team. Both teams played against one whistle-crazy ref that called 80% of the fouls. Good crowd for a holiday and lousy traffic on I-35E northbound.

Jackson State was a very athletic team and a good matchup for us. They were picked as the pre-season SWAC favorite. We held their top scorer below his average but were out rebounded as a team. Both teams played against one whistle-crazy ref that called 80% of the fouls. Good crowd for a holiday and lousy traffic on I-35E northbound.

REALLY enjoyed that game last night! To respond to a few posters, yes the Super Pit is an awesome venue, and yes that referee was crazy! We had some JS fans sitting in front of us and they were yelling "HOME COOKING" all night. There was onr foul in particular last night where the JS player was not 2 front from the NT player. Anyway, we one and a win is a win...

I am kind of curious, though. Seems like the pace of the game was pretty slow, and I would of thought JJ would have picked it up some. JS sure did like to play street-ball, though. Hopefully playing a team like that will give us some experience with the physical play.

Again, had a GREAT time last night!