The Promotion The Kid Wants

oldguystudent

Football, basketball, doesn't matter. She wants Scrappy bobble head night. I like it!

ETA -- I'm doing my part in marketing UNT for the future. The kid is becoming thoroughly indoctrinated. She wears North Texas shirts to elementary school, she draws pictures of Scrappy in art class, and she's always asking me the latest happenings on GMG.com. Get 'em while they're young!

Edited by oldguystudent

Football, basketball, doesn't matter. She wants Scrappy bobble head night. I like it!

ETA -- I'm doing my part in marketing UNT for the future. The kid is becoming thoroughly indoctrinated. She wears North Texas shirts to elementary school, she draws pictures of Scrappy in art class, and she's always asking me the latest happenings on GMG.com. Get 'em while they're young!

That is clever and a great idea! I will pledge to buy at least three!!

I too would like a Scrappy bobble head......and speaking of which........why don't they have a Casey Fitzgerald Bobble Head? Give them away at the last game of the year?

Last time we had an All American I bought a Booger Bobble Head........where's the love for the Fighting Fitzgerald?

I figured they wouldn't be able to sell player bobble heads for he same reason you can't have replica jerseys with player names on the back

I figured they wouldn't be able to sell player bobble heads for he same reason you can't have replica jerseys with player names on the back

Well then someone didn't get that rule for the Brandon Kennedy bobble head. It has his name, number and everything.

Give me the Fighting Fitzgerald Bobble Head or give me Death!!!!!

maybe going all Patrick Henry on the Athletic Dept will get them motivated. :P

Well then someone didn't get that rule for the Brandon Kennedy bobble head. It has his name, number and everything.

Give me the Fighting Fitzgerald Bobble Head or give me Death!!!!!

maybe going all Patrick Henry on the Athletic Dept will get them motivated. :P

was it after he graduated? because that may have been how they were able to do it

was it after he graduated? because that may have been how they were able to do it

I remember the Booger BobbleHead and it was while he was playing here , but I can't remember if it had his name on the back or not.

It's all pointless anyways , he was never really a student here nor did he graduate so it wouldn't have mattered.

Our DEF hasn't been the same since he left , GOD i miss that guy.

Edited by NT03

I remember the Booger BobbleHead and it was while he was playing here , but I can't remember if it had his name on the back or not.

It's all pointless anyways , he was never really a student here nor did he graduate so it wouldn't have mattered.

he was never a student here? I thought that was required to play..........

It does have KENNEDY on the back of the jersey. I've still got my Booger BobbleHead at the office proudly displayed with my Booger Kennedy bandana. I think it even reads BRANDON "BOOGER" KENNEDY on the base. I think they had a room full of these left over. I remember them selling these for $1 a piece at one of the pre-season barbeques.

I think the big issue with the Kennedy bobbleheads is that IMO folks quickly lost interest in them once Brandon graduated. I think they only had them starting at the beginning of his senior year. The beauty of the Scrappy bobblehead is that it should maintain relevance longer. Hopefully the jersey doesn't change anytime soon and we don't revert back to Eppy again... although I do miss the spikey feather look that was on the back of the head of the previous Scrappy.

As long as we are talking merchandise, I'd also like to see a big 64oz insulated Mean Green mug. I can't find anyone that has one. I think it would be a great tailgating tool.