Help Me Understand

bigntex

With a ton of scholarship WR's, why does the UNT offense throw to 3 non scholarship Wr's? Lott (d-3), Johnson and Dickerson are walkons. UNT has two non schollies STARTING, with the main back-up, being a d-3 player.

Help me understand why Dodge starts all the young OL who are getting their ass kicked (not because of effort)?

Everybody knows I played with Gio. I watch him and his play the most. He has countless drops, 5 or 6 td passes dropped, many drops that have caused him int's that were right in the hands of players. You can't lay the blame on him. He has had many batted int's that were not the cause of bad reads, either.

This season has gotten worse because their are no weapons and the scheme has not adjusted to D-1 football. Gio could have gone to many mid level schools as seen by the offers on school board at the high school but he was intrigued by the Dodge mystic when it all came down to it.

His playing last season was a waist of his eligibility. Meager should have started and stayed the course. The results this season and last would have been no different.

If you ask the Meagers, they will tell you what Daniel knows himself, no threat at WR. I have read that Meager had his share of concussions. You honestly think he would have made all the way through last season and this season being prone to concussions?

No, the problems are not at QB. The scheme and the lack of adjustments will not win games. Deloach has done nothing to improve the entire season. At least by now, if Deloach was as good as everyone says he is, you would see some improvement. I see zero improvement at every level of the ball, offense, defense, and special teams.

Delaoch has gotten the free pass but after 9 games, you would think you would see some improvement. Zero.

Dodge took his best slot WR in Riley Dodge (next to Casey) and put him on the shelf. Call it want you want, but he is playing for next season. How much respect do you think Vizza, Tune, and the others have for a coach who puts his own kid on the shelf for the future? The players know who puts out in practice and who watches film with who. Dodge loves Dodge but it sets a bad tone in the lockeroom and out on the field.

The last two seasons during spring, the entire QB rotation were "live" (no red shirt and full contact), it will be interesting to see if Dodge protects his little son and changes his method???

Edited by bigntex

Maybe the 3 non schollies are better. Are you saying they should start just because they have scholarships? I would hope that the coaches would put the best players on the field. Heck, Tech got their kicker from a tuition/textbook competition at a football game. If a walk on is better, play them. Fitz was a walk on. Whatever it takes.

If you ask the Meagers, they will tell you what Daniel knows himself, no threat at WR. I have read that Meager had his share of concussions. You honestly think he would have made all the way through last season and this season being prone to concussions?

Please don't ever make a statement that Daniel knows something unless you ask him. These are his teammates and he will stand behind them all the way. Remember that he had 600 yards with these receivers and the last game vs. FAU had over 450 yards of offense

Please don't ever make a statement that Daniel knows something unless you ask him. These are his teammates and he will stand behind them all the way. Remember that he had 600 yards with these receivers and the last game vs. FAU had over 450 yards of offense

He had Casey and Stickler and that's it from last season. Hey, I'm not knocking your son. I like the guy. I have met him before and he is a nice dude.

Please don't throw stats at me because I can throw stats at you when Daniel started for his first 3 seasons. I wanted your son to play last season. I have stated so.

By the way, you have called Dodge and Ford dumb and dumber. Why don't you set the record straight and let everyone know what really happened. It might clear things up. It might shed some light on why the season has gone the way it has. How do you feel about the defense. You know Daniel tells you that the UNT offense tears them up in practice everyday, but why?

PHS, if you were the AD what would you do? It is obvious that Dodge reads this board and has read your comments about him. The red caps are gone, he finally said a quick statement after the FAU game that said "my coaching wasn't good enough." I see a lot of changes coming but would love (since you have been around for 5 years?) to know how you feel.

How do the seniors feel?

With a ton of scholarship WR's, why does the UNT offense throw to 3 non scholarship Wr's? Lott (d-3), Johnson and Dickerson are walkons. UNT has two non schollies STARTING, with the main back-up, being a d-3 player.

Help me understand why Dodge starts all the young OL who are getting their ass kicked (not because of effort)?

Everybody knows I played with Gio. I watch him and his play the most. He has countless drops, 5 or 6 td passes dropped, many drops that have caused him int's that were right in the hands of players. You can't lay the blame on him. He has had many batted int's that were not the cause of bad reads, either.

This season has gotten worse because their are no weapons and the scheme has not adjusted to D-1 football. Gio could have gone to many mid level schools as seen by the offers on school board at the high school but he was intrigued by the Dodge mystic when it all came down to it.

His playing last season was a waist of his eligibility.

No, the problems are not at QB. The scheme and the lack of adjustments will not win games.

Dodge took his best slot WR in Riley Dodge (next to Casey) and put him on the shelf. Call it want you want, but he is playing for next season. How much respect do you think Vizza, Tune, and the others have for a coach who puts his own kid on the shelf for the future? The players know who puts out in practice and who watches film with who. Dodge loves Dodge but it sets a bad tone in the lockeroom and out on the field.

The last two seasons during spring, the entire QB rotation were "live" (no red shirt and full contact), it will be interesting to see if Dodge protects his little son and changes his method???

If you're so disgusted with our current situation at WR I might suggest you go talk to another of you high school buddies. Anyone who's watched this team this year, although they may not want to admit it, can tell that the play at QB has regressed. By no means am I suggesting it to be one of our biggest problems, but it is a big one.

If you're so disgusted with our current situation at WR I might suggest you go talk to another of you high school buddies. Anyone who's watched this team this year, although they may not want to admit it, can tell that the play at QB has regressed. By no means am I suggesting it to be one of our biggest problems, but it is a big one.

I have talked to Dib a little bit and their are problems inside that nobody knows but a man like PHS. PHS, I guarantee you, knows the problems. I bet if you graded Gio's performance from last year to this year he would grade higher in his decision making and his accuracy. You cannot catch it, throw it and block all at the same time.

All those QB's know what is going on. They recognize what is happening and PHS knows it. The man has called the HC and OC dumb and dumber, not because his son isn't playing, its because of what is going on inside the program. Gio playing last season ( a waist of a year for Meager and Gio) is a prime example of what is in store.

Riley will roll into the starting QB position, and the learning cycle will begin all again.

Look at the Colt McCoy's Redshirt soph. season, 20 td passes with 18 picks. Look at Meagers early numbers, unless you have the scheme and o-line and the players, it makes things awful tough.

Edited by bigntex

I have talked to Dib a little bit and their are problems inside that nobody knows but a man like PHS. PHS, I guarantee you, knows the problems. I bet if you graded Gio's performance from last year to this year he would grade higher in his decision making and his accuracy. You cannot catch it, throw it and block all at the same time.

If you're arguing this I just don't know what to say. Again I'm not laying all the blame at his feet and I admire the hell out of his toughness, but he has not been on point but for a few sporadic occasions this entire season.

Edited by Green P1

If you're arguing this I just don't know what to say. Again I'm not laying all the blame at his feet and I admire the hell out of his toughness, but he has not been on point but for a few sporadic occasions this entire season.

Green P1, I am mesmerized by you avatar. Please tell me I can find a youtube video of it somewhere or at least give me some sort of back ground on it. It makes me laugh.